XVI.

Keeping myself busy while Travis was away wasn't hard at all

Keeping myself busy while Travis was away wasn't hard at all. I forgot that I actually had things and other people besides him. I could say it was a feeling that I wasn't use to with him. I did miss him a little. He seemed too busy to even y'all to me. When I called he'll rush me off the phone. I didn't know what that was all about. But, did I care? Not really.

"Riley, is fat." Zoey said while holding him up as he tried to kick her hand.

"No! He's just healthy."

"Yeah, right." She replied while laughing.

I grabbed Riley from her and rocked him in my arms.

"Ugh. I want a baby." Zoey blurted out while looking at Riley. I gave her a look while rubbing him.

"You're on your own with that. I can't afford a baby."

"But they're so perfect. Just a bundle of joy, smell so yummy and just accept all your kisses."

"But it's much more." I smiled at her while shaking my head.

I placed Riley down on the floor and he whined to get back in my lap.

"I know. But I'm just feeling so empty, Jaden doesn't even come home often because of Memphis. I wish they weren't friends."

"You're going to blame Memphis because of your boyfriend issues?" I asked her while chuckling.

I know people didn't like Memphis. But, my god. He was not the caused of all the bad things going on. He did give me Riley. So, he had good heart he was just a little misunderstood.

"Yes! Memphis is keeping him hostage. He never wants anyone else around but who he wants."

"Jaden is a grown ass man. If he's that weak to let another man hold him somewhere then that's his issue. Plus, Memphis isn't like that if Jaden wanted to come see you he would. Plus, a relationship works two ways. You never go see Jaden."

I wasn't trying to defend Memphis, but honestly I wouldn't allow this slander to be on him. This kinda made me miss him because Memphis wasn't weak. He wouldn't blame someone else on his short comings. He would just tell me the truth straight up. I missed that.

But, I'm not sure if I was willing to put everything behind me.

"Okay, Kennedy. You're just going to defend Memphis, like always. When he's wrong you never want to admit it. It does work two ways but Jaden gets tired of being there so he wants to come here sometime but you know what? I'll book a flight right now." She took out her phone looking at the plane ticket prices.

"I'm going to defend him when everyone is always at his neck over nonsense, yes."

"Okay, well. Talk to him in person then. That's what you wanna do so bad. I got our tickets."

"Excuse me?"

"You can see Memphis and I can see Jaden. It's perfect. You need to talk to him anyways! The way I heard it you just left in the middle of the night left that man sad."

"I'm okay." I said while standing up and fixing my shirt. "Plus, I'm not going anywhere near him. We're just friends from a distance and that's it. You're trying to make it something but I'm not."

"Okay, suit yourself!" She shrugged her shoulders grabbing her bag and rubbing Riley's head once again.

"Trust me. I'm okay with my single life, I'm having fun and plus I'm not worried about anybody or thing." I smiled while walking her to the door.

"Whatever, you'll get tired of it. I'm going to see my man. I'll email your ticket just in case you change your mind."

"I won't." Smiling at her I slowly closed the door as she left.

Kennedy kept texting me while I was home

Kennedy kept texting me while I was home. I honestly didn't know how to explain to her that I'm busy right now. It wasn't like when I was in the city with her. I had actual work.

"No." I paused the meeting as everyone stared at me. "This is horrible. Really bad." I chuckled getting up and ripping up the piece of work they had on the board.

"Wow, Travis!" Jack yelled.

"No, wow to everyone else! What is this nonsense? I've left for a couple of weeks and nobody can have anything done right. This stuff doesn't even make sense and you guys know it doesn't! Why are you agreeing??" I questioned.

"You're right. It doesn't make sense. But we are in the middle of everything. We don't know what's best right now." Someone said while rubbing their nose.

"Okay. Well, everyone take the rest of the day to know what's best for right now. I hired everyone in this room because you know what to do. You're being yes men and I don't like that. You know bullshit when you see it."

"Amen!" Amanda yelled out while standing up gathering her things. "Thank you, Mr. Puterbaugh! Everyone has been yes men lately. This is utter trash!" She rolled her eyes at her team mates. "Plus, who the hell will look at that ad and say let's call them? Nobody! The call center sales are dropping because other company's have better services. Don't worry. That's my department and I've been trying to get a better insight but nobody cares."

"You're doing great, Amanda. As long as you spot your flaws before anyone else."

I grabbed my laptop while looking at the people still seated.

"Leave."

Everyone quickly grabbed their things and left out the room besides Jack. I still wasn't over what he said about Kennedy so we haven't spoke lately. He has tried to apologize but honestly I wasn't trying to hear it.

Once I got back to my office I checked my emails seeing that Sophia was still blowing me up. She said she'll take the test in front of me. So, I'm going from there. She kept emailing me saying sorry about everything.

I blocked her on everything.

I guess it was time to talk to her though because I didn't want it to get messy again. The irony of her coming back to Texas as soon as I did. She never failed to amaze me. She had her little ways.

I decided to just make plans with her for tomorrow for lunch.

Looking at Kennedy name pop up on my screen. I declined the call and went back to work on my computer. I'll talk to her later.

I don't know what's coming over me. But, work before anything else right now.