VII.

I stood in line at the coffee shop not to far from my place, I was third in line

I stood in line at the coffee shop not to far from my place, I was third in line. I constantly checked my watch to see what time it was before looking at the people behind me in line. I could tell they were in a rush more than me.

I looked over at the door once I heard it open again and I saw her.

I cleared my throat trying to think quick, she held her small purse as she wore her causal outfit

I cleared my throat trying to think quick, she held her small purse as she wore her causal outfit. I cleared my throat again and decided to call her name out.

"Kennedy." I said as she was walking to the back of the line. She shot me a small smile.

"Hi, Travis. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine. Would you like to step in front of me?" I asked her.

I didn't care about the mumbles behind me, instead she looked behind me and shook her head at the others who were waiting.

"No, that would be rude." She smiled. "Thanks, anyway." She walked to the back of line.

I cursed to myself before stepping out of line and going to the back where she was.

"I guess you're right. They are in more of a rush than I am." I spoke while smiling she gave me a nod.

I stood behind her while glancing down at her outfit again, clearing my throat I decided to make conversation with her again.

"So, are you headed to work or anything?" I asked.

She placed her phone down and turned around to look at me.

"No, I'm just going to run some errands today. How about you? Nice suit. Do you wear one everyday?" She asked me with a chuckle.

"Errands? You look too beautiful to just be doing errands. I have a couple of meetings today but other then that. I'm free." Laughing a little I nodded. "I try to, I'm usually busy but when I'm not I have regular clothes too." I joked.

"That's cute. So do you stay near here?"

"Yeah, I'm actually in this Airbnb a block away. I had my driver drop me off here though. I needed a peace of mind." I replied.

"Understandable. I live near here, this is my favorite spot to come they have the best tea." She smiled as she moved up in line.

I could not get enough of that smile.

Walking into my favorite coffee shop, I looked at the line letting out a long sigh before hearing my name being called

Walking into my favorite coffee shop, I looked at the line letting out a long sigh before hearing my name being called. I smiled at Travis.

He looked handsome today.

He suggested I cut in front of him but I simply couldn't considering everyone who's been waiting longer than me. I went to the back and he followed.

I admired his effort.

We stood in the back of the line talking about our day. Throwing a few jokes at each other as the wait started to end.

Once I got to the counter I ordered my tea and he added his coffee in before paying.

"Thank you." I said while taking my tea as the server handing him his coffee.

"It's no problem at all. You want to sit outside?" He asked me with a smile.

"Okay." I replied while leading the way, he quickly opened the door for me allowing me to walk out.

Taking a seat at the table I sipped on my tea as he sat down in front of me.

"Why are you here again?" I asked him while wondering. I remember him telling me about his family company, him only being twenty-seven and something about his brother.

But he never explained why he was here exactly and what really happened.

"If I had your number I could talk to you about that over dinner." He shot back while taking a sip of his coffee.

"Nice one." I laughed while blushing at him. He was hilarious.

"Do you have a boyfriend or something?"

"No."

"So, why can't I have your number? I'm sorry if I'm being creepy or anything but I just want to know."

I shrugged my shoulders.

You're not my type.

"I don't have a real reason." I replied. He kept his icy blue eyes on me while sipping his coffee. I looked away as he kept his eyes on me.

I don't know what it was but he was doing something odd to me even though I was convinced he wasn't my type.

"We can be friends." I decided to say before looking at him. "I'll give you my number. Only because I don't have a real reason and it's rude to do that." I chuckled.

"You've gave in. I knew you would." He chuckled and passed me his phone, I glanced down at his screensaver that had a little girl on it.

"You're a father?" I asked him while putting my number in.

"She's my niece, her name is Elle." He showed the biggest smile.

I was convinced this guy was the sweetest person I've met.

Giving his phone back it started to ring and he looked at me before excusing himself to take it.

Watching him as he walked a little further from out table I could see him getting visible angry. He unbutton his one button on his suit as he spoke angrily into the phone. I could hear his tone from out seat.

He came back over and picked up how coffee.

"I have to go." He simply said as a black SUV pulled up and a person in a black suit got out opening the door for him he got inside and went into traffic.

"Well." I shook my head finishing my tea before going on with my errands.