VI.

Everything I thought was okay before is now ruined

Everything I thought was okay before is now ruined. I had to rush to New York to meet with a team of lawyers. If I didn't, my family whole legacy they built could be doomed. My brother was the dumbest guy I knew.

He gets too many beers in his system and start talking big money. All my sister wanted us to do was expand our company and help children in Mexico get better school funding. We were building a school and hotel there so they could have jobs.

Tyler goes, gets drunk and fucks it all up. God only knows if drugs were involved.

From my understand, he got into it with some drug dealer guy. He's in Texas now but I told him to go somewhere safer. I didn't know what to do.

But, I was in charge now. I had to run the company as he stepped down. I unbuttoned my button on my jacket while sitting on the bench in the park.

I closed my eyes for a split second before I felt something run up on my foot. I looked down and seen a little fur ball.

"Hey, buddy." I picked him up sitting him on my lap.

"Riley!" His owner yelled after him as he laid down on my lap. I guess little buddy was fine.

She reached for him. "I'm so sorry."

"You're fine."

Literally. She was fine.

"He's just so friendly."

"Yeah, but that's a good thing." I stood up holding my hand out. "I'm Travis."

She smiled shaking my hand. "I'm Kennedy, nice to meet you."

"Likewise. I felt the need to introduce myself since your puppy ran towards me. He must like me." I said while rubbing his head.

"He might. He chewed his leash up, I think that's his daily plan everyday just keep chewing on it." She held up his poor leash.

"Get a leather one." I said with a smile.

"I don't think he's into any fifty shades of pup." She joked.

"Good one. Mind if I finish the walk with you guys? I'll hold him."

She gave me a long look before passing Riley back over to me.

"If you run off with him I'll shoot you."

Ouch.

"I don't do threats well."

"It's a promise, Travis." She said while we started the walk.

"So, you're from New York?" I asked her.

"Yeah. How about you?"

"Texas."

"I been to Texas before. It's nice, but I don't know if everything truly is bigger there."

"It is. You probably just haven't had the right introduction to Texas."

Everything was bigger. If you know what I mean.

I admired her looks as we kept walking. She was really friendly to be from New York and beautiful. I couldn't get over her hazel eyes. Her body was very fit in her clothing also.

Riley was giving me a headache! He was too hyper and too friendly

Riley was giving me a headache! He was too hyper and too friendly. I wanted to feed him some chill pills. He already ran into this stranger and now I had to talk to him! I didn't want to be too rude but riley just had to be friendly.

When I made my comment about Texas having bigger things. I'm certain he was talking about his penis when he agreed. Which creeped me out.

"Do you live near here?" Travis asked me.

"Yeah, I just moved a block down. How about you?"

"I'm just visiting, I have an Airbnb uptown, so this park is a little out the way for me."

"Uptown is nice, did you drive here?"

"I have a driver."

"Are you a republican?" I asked him while furrowing my eyebrows.

"No. I didn't vote for Trump."

"I didn't ask that."

"I didn't say you did." He replied with a chuckle. "I have a driver because I don't know my way around here still. I'm not any type of government worker."

"Oh, I know. I'm in law school, I know most congressmen."

"Really? How's law school going for you?"

"It's going great. Are you in school?"

"I'm twenty-seven and no. I'm actually running my families business now, it's the Puterbaugh Tower in Houston, Dallas and were expanding soon to Chicago." He said with a big smile.

I've heard of that company before but I wasn't sure what they did. In law school, we stayed up on the latest stocks and investment companies. I had no idea why but it was something interesting to do just in case we had people ready to sue them we could have documents on everything.

"I've heard of the Tower, that's nice and I thought Tyler Puterbaugh was the CEO? Your father retired two years ago?"

He coughed a little before nodding.

"Yeah, but it's been a changed of plans. He did retire two years ago. But things change."

I just nodded my head. I wasn't very interested. Once we reached the end of the trail I smiled taking Riley from him.

"Thanks for the walk."

"It's no problem at all. You were very welcoming." He smiled at me.

"Thank you. I'll see you around." I turned to walk towards the street.

"Wait! Kennedy, may I have your number?" He asked.

"No." I said while furrowing my brows. "But, thank you for the walk and it was nice to meet you."

He sighed before nodding. I'm happy he didn't press it.

"See, you around." He nodded before walking the opposite away.

No, you won't actually.