Best Friends Share Everything

The HC section was technically restricted access area due to high death count, but being Jiraiya's student had its perks. Soon enough Naomi was moving through the forest, trailing the obvious path of destruction. What surprised her was that there were no signs of fire jutsu or shuriken jutsu, two of Itachi's most favored techniques.

After about an hour of searching, she came across Itachi fighting against a horde of giant spiders, without his shirt, his hair longer than than she'd ever seen and most importantly, blindfolded. She watched in awe as he quickly, gracefully dispatched the spider army with nothing except Tai jutsu. He removed his blindfold when he was done and looked in her direction. She leapt off the tree to land in front of him. He smiled and and greeted her. "Naomi, okaeri."

She smiled back. It was true, coming to him felt like coming home. " Tadaima. You've changed a lot." No, she was definitely not looking at those abs.

"So have you." he said.

"Yes, you could say that." She activated her recently acquired Mangekyou Sharingan. A slight widening of eyes was his only response. As he was looking directly at her eyes, it wasn't difficult to pull him into Tsukiyomi. He didn't resist.

He looked curiously around in the dichromatic worlds of Tsukiyomi. "Genjutsu?" he asked.

Naomi tried not to smile at the irony of him being trapped in a Tsukiyomi. "Hai. It has a time dilation effect. I wanted to talk to you privately."

He nodded and sat down crossing his legs. "How did you get those?" he said, indicating her Mangekyou.

"I saw you and nii-chan die. I felt myself die too. I don't know which of those activated these." She shrugged.

"Time travel?" He questioned, a small frown appearing on his face.

That made her let out a small laugh. "No, what I'm about to tell you, is even more ridiculous than time travel."

"I'll try to keep an open mind."

"I remembered my previous life on my seventeenth birthday." He nodded at her continue. "It wasn't anywhere in the Elemental Nations, but in a different world. People couldn't use chakra and technology was very advanced compared to here." She paused giving him time to think on that. "There was an anime in that world, called 'Naruto'. It told told the story of Uzumaki Naruto and the event leading up to the 4th shinobi war. I think it would be better to show you." With that she plunged the world of Tsukiyomi in memories of her watching Naruto. She had debated with herself is she wanted to tell Itachi about his role in the Uchiha massacre and decides for it. It was a major event and Itachi would spot that much editing in a second.

Hours passed. Itachi didn’t speak at all, viewing with utmost concentration. The world went dichromatic again after they viewed Naruto's inauguration as a the Nanadaime.

Itachi didn't say anything for a long while.

"Things have already changed. Orochimaru might still be with Akatsuki. There might be no Sand-Sound invasion or there might be one backed by the Akatsuki. We have to prepare for all possibilities."

"That's true." She agreed. They could only depend on this knowledge as possibilities not as a determined future. Itachi rubbed his forehead as if relieving a headache.

"Are you allright?" She winced as she said that. Of course he wasn't all right. He just saw himself murdering his own clan, torturing his little brother and getting killed by the said brother. "Uh, never mind. Stupid question."

"I'll be fine." He said with a small smile. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." She told him, leaning her head against his shoulder. "Why are you training so hard?"

He contemplated for a few seconds before saying, "You can't tell anyone, not even Shisui." She nodded in agreement. He continued. "Sandaime-sama has nominated me as his successor. The daimiyo agreed. It's going to be announced at the chunnin exam finals."

Naomi would forever deny the squeal of delight that escaped her as she hugged him.