Surprises For Shisui

Shisui could freely admit that his team was a disaster. Despite their immense potential, all three of them were a big ball of issues. Sakura with her crush on Sasuke and a civilian mindset, Sasuke with his holier than thou attitude and Naruto being dumber than rocks, were no where near being ready for chunnin exams.

But ever since the mission to wave, he had noticed a change. Naruto, of all people, was studying fuinjutsu with utmost passion. Sakura was asking for Genjutsu training and being appointed to hospital as trainee medic nin. And Sasuke, had asked to be trained in the taijutsu style he saw Naomi use against the missing nin. Well, whatever his sister had said to the brats, Shisui wasn't complaining. But it looked like he had to change his mind about entering them into the chunnin exams.

To his surprise, the other two rookie teams were also entered. His team easily passed the first test, not with skill, but solely by Naruto's bullheadedness.

The second test was in the forest of death. Itachi was the proctor, which wasn't as much of a surprise as seeing him use a Genjutsu on a Suna team to open their scroll inside the forest and getting them disqualified.

"Classified." he had said, when Shisui questioned him about it.

All three of his genin passed the preliminaries, which was a pleasant surprise. Apparently not for his imouto as she had already arranged training for all three of them. Sasuke with Shisui, Sakura with Naomi and Naruto with Jiraiya, who was in the village for some reason.

The month passed quickly, and he was pleased to see Naruto kick the fate obsessed Hyugga in the face. ( Was he the one Naomi had saved from being kidnapped? He couldn't remember.)

Sakura performed admirably against Rock Lee, but ultimately admitted defeated. Since the kids monstrous speed, he couldn't blame her for it.

Sasuke was on the roll as he easily defeated the Nara heir and Aburame heir and went off to meet Naruto in the finals.

Shisui thought it to be the biggest surprise of the day when Naruto won! Using seals!

What the hell!

He was very proud of his students and all three of them had a good chance of getting promoted. As he stood up to go and congratulate them, the Sandaime decided to give him and rest of Konoha another surprise.

He was retiring and was being replaced by Itachi as the Godaime, effective immediately.

How had Shisui not known about this? This couldn't be a sudden decision. Itachi had to be shadowing the Sandaime for months. Suddenly all his shifts in the administrative buildings started to make sense.

After the announcement, he was accosted by his students. Naruto loudly complaining about not being selected Hokage instead of Itachi, Sasuke sulking because he didn't know that Itachi was getting the promotion and because of losing to Naruto, and Sakura demanding he treat them because they gave such a good performance.

He agreed to treat them and hours later he was returning home with full stomach and lighter wallet.

He wondered if Naomi knew about Itachi's promotion. He went to ask her, short-circuiting the chakra lock she had put up on her door and opened it.

And what he saw was a lot more of his sister and Itachi than he ever wanted to see.

"Ah! My poor virgin eyes." Thank God his Sharingan wasn't on.

They quickly covered up with a quilt. "Nii-chan, a lock on the door means something. And what the hell are you talking about having virgin eyes. There's no part of you that's virgin. You've been in a relationship with Anko, for duck's sake." Naomi shouted at him, flashing her Sharingan.

"Don't bring Anko into this. You're not old enough for ..."

"Shisui. Please, get out." Itachi interrupted him. Shisui stiffened. It was a direct order and Itachi was the Hokage. He couldn't disobey. Judging by the look in Itachi's eyes he knew that.

"Fuck you, Itachi." He said, walking out.

"No, thank you. I prefer your sister." came his reply before he could shut the door.

Shisui definitely did not need to hear that.