Crushes

"It wasn't that funny." Itachi said, as Naomi didn't stop giggling.

"It was." she disagreed. " 'I would like to show you my art sometime, un. I'll even ask Onoki-Sama to extend my stay as ambassador. I didn't know Konoha had such artistic individuals, un.'" She snorted, bursting into giggles again.

Itachi sat down and sighed, "I'll never understand women. Mei-san flirting with me brings you to tears while Diedra flirting with me gives you a case of hysterical giggles."

She sobered up at that. "I already said,  I overreacted about Mei. And you have seen how much Diedra hated you in the Anime. His flirting even sounded like some ItaDei fanfiction."

"ItaDei?" He almost dreaded to ask.

"It's fans shipping you and Diedra. There were others for you too - Izumi, Hana, Kisame, Shisui, Naruto." she paused, as he took a sip of water. "Sasuke." she added, gleefully.

He managed not to choke on his water. "Sasuke?" he asked, faintly.

She shrugged. "People apparently misunderstood your brotherly love."

"Why would they feel the need to 'ship' me with someone, anyway?"

"The Naruto anime was quite a sensation, you know. People were addicted. My sister also had a big crush on you. She collected your plushies, posters and action figures, and re-watch the episode with you with it and then cry holding your plushy." she shuddered.

He tried not to think about his wife's other worldly sister having an obsessive crush on him. Instead, he asked, "Did you have a crush on someone, too?"

"Well....It wasn't nearly as obsessive as Lily's, but I really liked Kakashi."

"Kakashi-San. Why?" He was very thankful for Kakashi-san's fixation with Obito, at the moment.

"He had such a hip and cool attitude. And he used it to piss off people, and used to be late to everything, to mess with people."

"How is that attractive?" He couldn't help but ask.

"I was a teenager." She simply answered, as if that explained everything. "You aren't jealous, are you? It was just a silly crush, years ago, that too on a fictional character. I haven't even really talked to the real Kakashi. Besides, you are the only person I've been in love with."

Itachi looked away. He wasn't pouting.

Naomi sat down on his lap and turned his head towards her. "Perhaps you need a demonstration of how much I love you." she murmured, against his lips.