Moral Dilemma

Itachi entered his house to find Naomi in the living room, with face pale as ash and hands trembling.

"Naomi, what's wrong?" he was instantly at her side. He had never seen Naomi this shaken. Even when she had shown him the memories of her previous life, she was cool as a cucumber.

"Nii-chan is on a mission. I didn't want to be alone." she mumbled.

"What happened?" he asked putting an arm around her shoulder. He wished he was better at comforting people.

She turned to face him, her eyes were glistening. "I did something horrible." she whispered.

Itachi knew Naomi had had her first kill years ago. He was on a mission during the aftermath. Shisui was the one that comforted her initially. But she had been subdued for months after that, training hard so that she could be strong enough to not kill, but capture. He wondered what could have happened now?

"Orochimaru attacked me. I used Kotoamatsukami against him. I made him believe that he was in love with Jiraiya sensei, and sensei would be disappointed if he hurt me or attacked Konoha. He dropped his plans of invasion."

Itachi didn't know if he should feel incredulous or proud. He decided on confused. "That's a good thing, isn't it? Why are you upset?"

She looked at him sharply. "Don't you get it? I just reprogrammed a human. I changed the way he is supposed to think. I took away his free will." Tears were freely falling down her eyes.

Ah, of course.

"Naomi, he attacked you, didn't he? What do you think he was planning of doing after he defeated you?"

"Possessing my body." she reluctantly replied. "It's not the same, though."

"Isn't it? An opponent of superior skill attacked you and you used every skill in your arsenal to not only survive but also benifit your village. There's nothing wrong with it. And despite what you think you didn't brainwash him. You just made him believe he loved someone. How is that worse than being a sociopath? "

She didn't argue.

" I just wish I didn't have this power. I can just make anyone believe or do anything I want. It's not something to be trusted with anybody." she said.

" Then I'm glad you and Shisui are the only people who have it." He told her.

"Nii-chan has never used it. I did, after I had decided I wouldn't. Itachi, I don't trust myself anymore."

"If it had been anybody else, including Shisui, they would never be this distraught over using it. You are the most honorable person I know Naomi, despite being a shinobi. I trust you." he looked in her eyes pointedly. "I love you." he added, because it was about time he told her.

She looked at him like a deer caught in flashlight.

"Nii-san. Tadaima." Sasuke called from the entrance.

Naomi quickly composed herself. Still, Sasuke knew her well enough to spot something was wrong. "You're all right?" he asked her, almost with concern.

Naomi grinned at him. "I'm fine. I'll be even better if you give me a hug."

Sasuke looked at her as if she was a disgusting bug and walked away towards his room, pointedly ignoring her.

"Itachi-chan, your otouto is mean to me." she said, dramatically.

Itachi pulled her in a hug. "It's all right, Naomi-chan. Somehow, I believe you'll survive."

She's melted into his arms. " I love you too." she whispered softly, lips right next to his ear.

Itachi was sure Sasuke was internally freaking out about how much he was smiling during dinner.