ROOT Reboot

The ROOT base was being invaded by Konoha ANBU, who proclaimed that Danzo-sama was dead, and that they would be put under normal Konoha ANBU after going through T I. An Uchiha girl was going around the base, removing the seal from everyone's tongues, and another Uchiha, who was apparently the Hokage, was giving names to everybody who didn't have them.

201 eagerly waited for his turn. When the Hokage reached him, a flicker of recognition passed through his eyes.

"Do you already have a name?" He asked.

"I'm 201." he replied.

"You used ink in your jutsu, don't you? What do you think of being called Sai?" The Hokage asked him.

The newly christened Sai was surprised that the Hokage knew about his jutsu, but decided not question it. Besides he quite liked his new name. "Thank you for the name." he bowed to the Hokage.

"You're welcome. I would like to assign you to chunnin squad 7, instead of ANBU, if you don't mind. You'll be able to make more friends that way."

"Hai, Hokage-sama."

The Uchiha girl entered the room at that point, "Itachi, I'm almost done. Some of them need to go to the hospital." Like the Hokage, she also seemed to recognize him when she saw him. "So, you found him. Hello, Sai. I'm Naomi, it's nice to meet you. I'd like to remove you seal if you'd open your mouth."

Sai dutifully opened his mouth, wondering how she knew his name when the Hokage had named him just a few seconds ago.

After Naomi removed his seal, she took out a gift packed book and gave it to him." This is for you. Open it. "

Sai opened it to find a book titled 'How to make friends and keep them'. His eyes teared up and he berated himself for showing emotion.

Naomi gently put her hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it's all right. Danzo isn't here anymore. You can show as much emotion you like."

Despite knowing nothing but Danzo-sama's mercy, his entire life, Sai found that he quite liked the fact that he was dead.