Chapter 30

Marlon and I laid in his bed naked, I had one leg flung over him. We weren't doing anything but spending time together. However, his hand roamed up and down my body as we relaxed. It stroked at my waist in that moment, and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"What the hell!" We heard Wally shout from the living room. Marlon pulled on his boxers, I swung on my night robe.

Running out, we saw blood all over the front door. Wally was shocked as he stood there, and when I stepped closer I read the wall on the adjacent side of the hallway.

'RAT' was written on the wall, and Wally sat down on the couch. He was in deep thought, and Marlon paced the room.

"Fuck." He mumbled, stopping in front of the door. "Fuck!" He repeated louder, slamming the door shut.

"Who would do this?" I asked shakily, and Marlon sunk to the floor. He began rocking, and bullets of sweat appeared on his forehead. I looked to Wally, and he sweat in the same way.

Wally angrily pushed me against a wall.

"Listen here, you little bitch!" Wally shouted in my face and Marlon lunged at him, pulling him by the collar and throwing him away. Wally staggered back, but that wasn't enough for Marlon.

He punched his own best friend in the fact. I stayed with my back pressed against the wall, shocked as I watched Marlon throw another punch.

Wally took it like a champ, stepping back from Marlon. He looked at me and spat blood on the floor, then walked off into his bedroom.

Once Marlon looked to me, I had tear filled eyes.

"What does this have to do with me, Marlon?" I asked and he held me in his arms. I cried into his shoulder, squeezing him close.

"Wally is affiliated with the mob." Marlon whispered into my ear. I looked into his eyes, my hands began shaking.

"Are... are you?" I asked. Marlon held both of my hands in his and brought them to his lips. He shook his head no.

"George is in a gang as well, but our guys don't like those guys ." Marlon squinted.

"Why? Why don't you 'like' those guys?" I asked, and he stayed silent. I backed away, and remembered the difference between Marlon and I.

I was black and he was white, and in 1949 that was all you needed to make a drift between two people.

"Patricia..." Marlon begged but I paced into his room. I sat on his bed, trying to process the information he was giving me. Marlon got on his knees in front of me and took my hand.

"Let's get out of here." Marlon suggested. "Let's get away from it all."

"How am I supposed to just pick up and leave?" I cried out and Marlon tried to coax me.

"Wally has us in so much shit, we don't need him! We don't need them!" Marlon proclaimed.

"You have an apartment with him." I reminded him.

"We didn't buy this piece of shit! We're renting!" Marlon shouted out.

"You love this place. It's the best place you ever had, what are you talking about?" I cried, trying to get Marlon back to his senses. His jaw tensed, and he stood up.

He walked into his closet, and shuffled around. Then emerged in the room with a white cloth in his hand.

"Open your palm." He told me, and I held out my open palm. He placed the cloth in my hand and something hard was inside. I could feel myself begin to shake in fear.

I slowly peeled back the cloth, and peeked underneath it. I could see the barrel of a revolver, and shouted out, dropping it on the floor.

"You know what? You're lucky the safety's on!" Marlon shouted at me.

"I can't have a gun, Marlon! Why would I have a gun!" I shouted, standing up. I paced around the room hysterically.

"Calm down!" Marlon shouted, grabbing me by the arms. My robe slipped off one of my shoulders as he held me still. "Everything will be okay. I'll be damned if anything happened to you."

"I can't do this." I stood up, taking off my robe. Marlon was still only in his boxers. I searched for my dress, but it was no where to be found.

"Marlon, I want to leave!" I protested, and he held me close by my waist.

"Please." He said honestly looking into my eyes. "Please... just stay."

"Why should I when you're putting my life in danger?" I argued and he let me go.

He took a step back. "Then leave."

I had the freedom to walk out and never speak to him again. I stood there and thought about whether or not I should leave. He didn't care whether or not I stood in front of him naked, although he usually would. All he wanted to know was whether or not I would stay.

I held my chin up high, and walked to his bed. I laid down and pulled the thin, white sheets up to my hips. Then, I sat up with my back against the head rest.

Marlon picked up the revolver on the floor and walked to the dresser, placing it inside of my purse. Then, he slowly strutted in front of the bed.

I crawled over to his side and looked up at him through my lashes, then sat down. He walked away into the closet and got out his chest of toys.

He placed it in front of me and opened it. Now, along with the whip and handcuffs, there was a tied up rope. I reached in the box to inspect it, but he held tightly onto my wrist.

I looked up at him, frozen. He softened, and left a kiss on the inside of my wrist, then placed my hand down.

"Are those my underwear?" I asked in curiosity at the lacy cloth at the bottom of the box. He shuffled past the objects inside and pulled it out.

"From the first day." He told me, and my cheeks got warm. How could he have kept it all that time? He brought the cloth to his nose, and inhaled, then took one of my wrists.

He yanked my wrist, pulling me closer to him, then grabbed the other, wrapping my panties around both of them in front of me.

"Lie down." He said, giving my midriff a squeeze. I obeyed, my legs bent with my knees up. My legs were closed, and he stepped closer to the edge of the bed. I could see the stiff object growing in his white boxers. He touched my knee, making it fall to the side. Then he did the same to the other.

Now my legs were open for him. My wetness ran down to the sheets, and his lips parted at the sight of it. I could see his member twitch in his pants, and he rubbed his hand up my shin to my knee.

His hand slowly glided along my thigh, and finally I exhaled. More of my wetness soaked out. At this point, I'd never want to leave him. I knew he was horrible for me, but there was something about him that I couldn't get enough of.