Chapter 46

Marlon and I were inseparable from that day. We decided to head to Coney Island together one August day. We'd been dating again for weeks, and couldn't keep our hands off of each other.

We went on the older rides, one had spinning plates on the ground that you laid on together. You bumped together as the plates forced you to clash and move around the floor.

Another was a ride were you got on a cart and the carts all moved in a circle. A dark green tarp would occasionally fall over the riders to make it dark and all the more scarier. Marlon would playfully punch the top of the tarp and I laughed, trying to pull his arm down.

"I'll rip the fucking thing I'm not afraid to do it!" He smiled.

Another ride put two people in a compartment, and it spun you around in the air. At one point we were upside down hundreds of feet in the sky, and I screamed as Marlon laughed next to me. He made sure to shift his body side to side on the ride to make it rock more.

We went on a love boat ride that showed you dull scenery. We just necked throughout the whole thing. His hand made it up my shirt and fondled my bra as we kissed in the dark tunnel.

While walking on the boardwalk, they had a bunch of games to play and attractions.

"Step up, step up! Knock over the bottles and win a teddy for a pretty lady!" A man in a boater hat called out.

"I'll give it a try." Marlon said with a hand in his pocket. The man nodded and handed up two balls.

"Two tries for a cent." The man told him. Marlon slapped a penny on the table and the man placed it in his pocket.

Marlon took a ball and threw it at the stacked metal bottles. They didn't budge.

"Marlon, these games are a waste of money. They have weights in those bottles, it's extremely hard to knock them over." I warned him and he glared at me.

"I lift weights, I'm not defeated by them." Marlon answered back. He took the 2nd ball and rolled it in his hand. Then, he got in a position as if he was on a baseball field. Throwing it, the metal bottles all clattered down with a crash.

Marlon punched his fists in the air, tasting sweet victory.

The man lifted his boater hat off of his forehead and leaned on a table. "Say, kid, most guys who run through here don't actually knock 'em out. You've got an arm on you."

"I want the big teddy for my lady." Marlon said, ignoring the man's comment. A huge teddy bear was handed to me, and I smiled as I struggled to hold it.

"Since when did they start making these so big?" Marlon remarked in amazement and I laughed and we walked off.

"Look here for the most exotic delicacies from foreign lands!" A man at another part of the boardwalk called out. "India! China! Egypt! Mexico!"

The man caught Marlon's attention, but I didn't care for some guy profiting off of the idea of other people's cultures.

"Spicy jerk chicken from Jamaica... and a tiny dancer in the back as well!" The man called out. Now he had my attention.

I was ready to scrutinize this "Jamaican" attraction. I placed my teddy bear in front of his booth and looked at what he had to offer.