Chapter 51

We had just had mind blowing sex, and I laid in bed on my side, hoisted up by my elbow. I held a booklet with leather binding in my hands, reading from it.

"I haven't played this guy in ages." Marlon said as he paced the room. "What if I'm not good at that character anymore?"

Marlon was contacted to play Stanley in Streetcar Named Desire. Except this time, it'd be in Hollywood. I could just imagine all of the months I'd have to go without seeing Marlon.

"You'll be fine." I reassured him, but he only got aggressive. He was very serious when it came to his job.

Marlon looked at his feet, then looked up at me. Behind his eyes I could tell Marlon had left the building, and his character was now in his place. "Now that's how I'm gonna clear the table. Don't you ever talk that way to me. 'Pig,' 'Pollack,' 'disgusting,' 'vulgar,' 'greasy.' Those kind of words have been on your tongue and your sister's tongue just too much around here. What do you think you are? A pair of queens? Now just remember what Huey Long said - that every man's a king - and I'm the King around here, and don't you forget it."

I sat there, speechless. His talent showcases right in front of me, and I wasn't watching from a theater seat. He was right there with me, including me in his passion.

"You'll do great." A voice said from the bedroom door. I quickly covered myself with the bedsheets. It was Wally, who seemed to fall off the face of the Earth ever since the mafia troubles.

I looked between the two men as Wally gave Marlon a pep talk. Their relationship was strange, Marlon was totally naked. I laid in the bed, covering myself with the white sheets. Nonetheless, Wally wasn't fazed at all. He continued giving his best friend a pep talk.

"You're a star, and people will see it soon." Wally nodded. "I know the last film didn't work out as expected, but you're going to be great— you are great."

"Thanks Wal." Marlon said and hugged him. It was a hug of true friendship, and Wally nodded at me then left the room.

I watched Marlon's naked ass as he walked across the room to the door, and he shut it. Then, he stood in front of the bed with his hands crossed over his chest. His biceps were more noticeable in this position.

"I'm sorry he's so cold to you. He thinks you brought a bunch of problems." Marlon apologized as he stood there.

"Don't worry about it." I reassured him, crawling from under the sheets and to the end of the bed where he stood. I kneeled up, and he kissed me. He held on firmly with his arms wrapped around my waist as we kissed, then looked into my eyes.

"Why don't you come with me to California while I film?" Marlon asked quietly.

"I have a life here." I reminded him and Marlon shook his head.

"What about our life together?" Marlon asked.

"I can't give up everything to be with you." I answered back quietly. Marlon picked me up by the ass so my legs wrapped around his torso.

"You don't want to be with me?" He teased with a grin, pushing me against a wall while he led me. He squeezed my ass and I smiled, holding onto his neck. "You're coming to California."

"No." I answered back with a smile, and he kissed my neck.

"You're going to go to California, and let the sun soak in that beautiful skin." He said licking along my jawline.

"I have school." I closed my eyes with a grin.

"You're gonna stay in a hotel or a boarding house." Marlon whispered in my ear. I felt like there was a record scratch. I looked at him, and he looked back.

"In a boarding house? Why wouldn't I stay with you?" I asked and Marlon set me on the ground while my back was against the wall.

"I have to concentrate on my job, so it'd be best if you didn't live with me if you did go out there." Marlon shrugged. I squinted at him and pointed a finger, walking to the center of the room

"Wait a minute." I said turning to face him and pointing my finger at him. "You want me to give up my freedom, to stop my education, and follow you to another state just to barely see you?"

"Come on, Patrica, who says you'd barely see me?" Marlon complained, leaning to the side onto the wall.

"You want me to blindly follow you and be your maid!" I shouted a him.

"Maid-en, there's a difference." Marlon joked. I didn't find it funny, and stood there with crossed arms.

"Oh come on... don't pout like that." Marlon said, running over to me and picking my up. He brought me to the bed and had both of our bodies fall on it. I landed on top.

"Get happy." He said as he laid below me. Then he smacked my ass, I gasped at his touch. "Come on, smile!"

"No. I'm mad at you." I rolled off of him and faced away from him, then I crossed my arms while laying a fetal position.

"Pattie, get happy." He sang in a song, kissing the side of my waist. "Patricia, I'm your mista" He kisses down my thigh.

"Where's your happy button?" He asked playfully. Is it here?" He tickled my feet and I smiled kicking out.

"No... no." He said jokingly. "How about here?" He swiped his fingers onto the back on my knees. "Guess not."

"You know what, it looks like here." He rolled me onto my stomach and spread my legs. I immediately closed them, annoyed at him and his attempts to brighten my mood.

He wasn't going to get away with his nonsense this time!

"Pat, just understand." Marlon laid behind me, tenderly slinging an arm around my waist. "I just need space when I'm working. I'm a method actor."

"So what?" I spat at him.

"So, sometimes in order to connect to the character, I act like the character. Stanley isn't exactly the nicest fella you'd ever come across." Marlon explained.

I stayed silent, thinking about the point he made.

"How about you at least visit me in Cali? When you're on break! We'll go around Hollywood, I'll get you on the grounds of the studio..." Marlon suggested. I turned to him and looked in his eyes.

"You'd want me to do that?" I asked softly and he nodded.

"I want you around, toots." He said to me. "Just give me a chance to be around you."

I kissed him, rolling on top of him. His member began to harden underneath me, and my hand slipped down. Between kisses, you could hear his breathing. His hand found its way to my core.