Chapter 50

I walked into Marlon's living room where he sat, reading the paper. He was shirtless, and comfortable. I wore his large slacks that went up high on my waist, and his brown suspenders.

I didn't wear any shirt, the suspenders just hung on my nude upper half.

"Ta-da!" I rose my hands in front of him in a pose. Then, I began doing a little dance.

"From the exotic land of New York..." I said in a deep, mimicking voice. "Da dum, da dum, da dum, da dum."

Marlon still looked down at his newspaper. I did a more lively dance for him, turning around and shaking my stuff. When I looked behind me, he still wasn't paying attention.

I stood in front of him, and pushed my chest against his face, and he pulled my waist so I sat on his leg.

"Look at you." He said, placing his fingers around a suspender and pulling it off my shoulder. He kissed my neck, then down to my chest. "Do you need attention right now?"

"It's either you give it to me, or I leave." I answered sternly, and he grinned against the skin of my chest. He brought my breast into his mouth, and then sucked on my nipple.

"Let's head out somewhere, Pat. Anywhere you like." Marlon said in a mumbled, then continued sucking my nipple.

"The Statue of Liberty?" I asked, and he shook his head no with my nipple between his teeth.

"Too much water." He answered, then licked my nipple. I closed my eyes, trying to keep my thoughts from getting scrambled by his touch.

"The museum?" I asked, and he glared up at me.

"The museum? Who goes there?" He asked, my breast now in the clasp of his hand. He licked my nipple again, and began sucking while twirling his tongue around it.

"How about the Empire State?" I asked and he smacked my ass that was covered in his slacks.

"Now you've got it." He smiled, standing me up. My breast was now cold from where he had just been kissing, and he walked into his bedroom.

I decided to follow him in there, and he was pulling on a shirt.

Once in Midtown we stood in front of the Empire State

Once in Midtown we stood in front of the Empire State. We had to take who knows how many elevators just to reach the top.

Once we stepped out, I felt my legs get weak at the sight of the view. You could see for miles, and skyscrapers suddenly looked like miniature toys laid on the ground.

Marlon wrapped his arms around me as we looked out toward the tall Chrysler building, and it's glorious crown that touched the clouds.

It was early in the morning, so we were basically the only ones there. Marlon put a few cents into a nearby telescope, and turned it toward my face so I could look out.

His hand rubbed on my waist as I saw the horizons of the Earth. The picture went black, and Marlon put in another.

"Are you done with it?" He asked, and I nodded yes. Marlon peeked his eye in front of the telescope and took a look himself. 

After his time ran out, he wrapped his arms around me and pressed his cheek against my ear. "You see this sky?"

"How could I not? We're in the sky." I laughed and he smiled.

He brushed his lips against my ear. "I'll reach the sky for you. I'll do anything."

That was painfully cheesy, but it worked in the moment. He kissed my neck and then looked forward to take in the view.

After we returned to the ground, I took Marlon to Harlem so he could have actual Jamaican food. That fluke from Coney Island simply didn't sit right with me.

We sat in the restaurant, Marlon on one side of the table and me on the other.  An older woman stood behind the counter, smiling at us.

"He's never had it before?" She asked as she observed us giggled over the cuisine at the table.

"It's his first time." I smiled back at her, Marlon sipped his glass of water.

"Well in that case, he should have some water." She said, filling a pitcher and then placing it on our table. "Try it."

Marlon wore a grin on his face as he took up a jerk chicken wing, he took a large bite in it. He chewed for a second, then his face got red and he spit it out.

"That's hot!" He shouted, scrambling for his glass of water. He finished the whole glass, and slapped it on the table. "Whoo! How do you eat that?"

"How can you not? This isn't even really spicy!" I laughed and he shook his head with a grin. He took his fork and filled his mouth with rice and peas.

"How is rice spicy?" He asked with a full mouth, chewing. I rose a brow at him, but it was an honest question.

"That's just the way we eat." I laughed at him, and he poured more water into his pitcher.

"Everything makes me feel like I set my mouth on fire, but it's food." He smiled, swallowing his rice.

He poked his fork at the shrimp on his plate. "Shrimp can't be spicy."

"That's pepper shrimp!" I shouted as I held up my hand, but it was too late. He was already chewing it. He jumped out of his seat and jumped up and down. He began drinking right from the pitcher.

"God, this couldn't been used as a weapon in the war." Marlon shook his head while bending over, out of breath. I laughed so hard I couldn't even answer him.

"Do you not want to eat anymore?" I asked between laughs and he shook his head and sat down.

"Listen, if this is a part of you, then I'll eat all of the mouth burning food you want me to." Marlon smiled and I shook my head.

"Thank you for the gesture, but I'm afraid you might get an ulcer from all of this." I smiled and wiped a piece of a thyme branch from his lip.

I leaned over the table and he leaned over as well to reach me, and kissed my lips. We kissed for a few seconds, and then he pulled back and began heaving.

"What?" I asked with wide eyes.

"You have spice on your lips." He said, wiping his mouth with a napkin. I walked around the table, standing over him and placing my fingers in his hair. Then, I kissed the top of his head, and bent over to kiss his cheek and his neck.

That day Marlon finally made an effort to immerse himself in my life, and I was falling head over heels because of it.