Twentyseven. 🏴

The next morning when I woke I felt a little fresher with my face now being metal free, showering felt lush but what didn't feel lush was looking in the mirror and seeing how the scar was taking shape. It was ugly, swollen and red, everything that makes people look in your direction. I guess the only saving grace was that I was holed up in this safe house with only Harry for company and he'd seen it all before. 

I didn't dare cover it with makeup just in case it got worse so I settled for just walking around with it on show. As I walked downstairs I could smell something nice coming from the kitchen, heading through Harry was standing over the stove with a pan sizzling away with bacon in it. 

"Have you been out?" I asked him as I sat on the kitchen side at the other end of the kitchen. 

He shook his head, "No, your dad knows someone in this town who does our shopping for us." He turned and looked at me before he yawned, "In the living room is a bag of girly stuff your dad requested for you."

Hopping down for the side with a smile I headed through to the living room and on the sofa was a large paper bag. Opening it I grinned when I saw some of my favourite products that I had used when back home. All the best shampoos, conditioners and body washes and at the bottom of the bag, there were even some tampons, my usual kind too. I guess my dad wanted me to be comfortable whilst I was here and not have too much change. 

Leaving the bag there I returned to the kitchen and smiled at Harry as I watched him place the bacon on some bread on two separate plates, "Are you actually going to eat today?"

"Oh," I pouted as I looked down at the bacon. "Didn't my father tell you," I played with him as I put my finger to my lip, "I'm a vegetarian."

Harry looked down at the bacon before he looked back at me, "You're lying?"

"I would never," I said with a dead serious face. "Think of all the little piggies that died for all the bacon you have eaten," I shook my head as I bit my lip stifling the laugh I was holding back. 

Harry took the second plate away, "I'll make-"

Gripping the plate I stopped him with a laugh, "You are so easy."

He narrowed his eyes at me as he let go of the plate and took his plate heading to the small table. "I thought you were serious about to give me a lecture."

I giggled as I closed the bread over the bacon, "My dad would have mentioned something that important to you. Before this," I motioned to the house, "Before some idiot parked their 4 x 4 in front of my little blue I would-"

"Woah!" He butted into my story with a face like thunder. "I think you'll find that my car was parked properly."

"Apart from the fact you had blocked me in!" 

He laughed, "I didn't like that Range Rover much anyway."

I raised an eyebrow, "What?"

He spoke as I ate, "It was a gift from your dad. I would rather have something that moves quicker than looks good." He leaned his elbows on the table as looked from his plate to me. "So many times I was this close," he made the tiniest gap between his thumb and forefinger, "To getting caught by the cops in that stupid vehicle."

"Sounds like I did you a favour then," I grinned as I placed my plate on the side and looked down at the half a sandwich I had left. "Did he replace it?"

Harry looked at me with a straight face, "It was a gift. He doesn't need to replace bugger all."

I shrugged my shoulders, "That's a damn shame. If we ever get out of this stupid place I'll convince him to get you a new car."