Thirtyfive. 📀

"Please stay with me."

He turned his head to look at me, "What?"

"I'm just," I started to talk before I shook my head, "Never mind."

Harry stepped away from the door and walked towards my bed, "I understand." He kicked his boots off and flung his leather jacket on top of them on the floor before he lays on the bed next to me. 

Turning in the bed to face him I winced through the pain before I looked up at him, "Thank you."

He gave me a small nod before he watched me take a couple of pills, "Try and get some rest, Ell. It will do you good."

I knew he was right, I was just in so much pain I hoped sleeping would take it away. Laying my head on the pillow I looked up at him, soon I found myself closing my eyes and slowly falling asleep. 

📀📀

"I'm not coming home," I heard Harry's voice as I slowly woke up but still kept my eyes closed. "It's just another normal day to me Shannon. Please stop calling me."

Moving in the bed I wanted to just be casual as I did but what I ended up doing was putting my hand on Harry's leg, I didn't move it away as not to be giving the game away that I was actually awake. 

"I've got to go," his voice went hushed before I heard him place his phone down on the side table. I laid still, my breathing normal as I lay there. "Are you awake?" He asked, I stayed silent for a moment deciding whether to speak or not but before I could speak he spoke again. "The truth is, Ell," he took a deep breath. "Actually I don't know what the truth is." His fingers brushed through my hair pushing it away from my face, "Your dad would kill me if he knew."

Laying still I wondered what Harry was actually talking about, I wanted to open my eyes and ask him, I wanted to understand. His fingers gently touched my face, the right cheek where my scar was, "One day you'll be safe." His touch left my skin before I felt the bed move beside me as he got up leaving me lying there cold and alone. I wished I knew what he meant, I wish I knew everything. 

🎂🎂

Laying on the bed examining the phone I had been given, there was not much on it, no internet access, no phone numbers and no way to contact anyone other than Harry. I found it was better to distract myself than think about him. I tried to get him out of my head but my skin still felt like it was tingling where he'd touched me earlier. I wondered what he thought about me, if he thought about me when he wasn't with me, I wondered what he could have to be so worried about when it came to my father. 

Sitting up I grabbed some pills before popping myself a couple and swallowing them down with a glass of water before placing the glass back on the side table. I pulled my top up and examined my stitches on my stomach before running my fingers over them, I so wanted to feel beautiful, I wanted to feel like myself but none of that came to me. 

There was a knock on the door, I replaced my top covering my stomach before I mumbled a barely audible come in. The door swung open and Harry entered with a glass in his right hand, he smiled at me as he looked over at me. "I thought you might want some fresh water."

I watched as he swapped the glasses over before he looked back at me. "Thanks," I said awkwardly as I just stared at him. "Have you told my dad I'm home?"

He nodded as he stood next to my bed with the glass in his hand, "He knows." He waited for me to speak but I didn't say anything before he spoke again, "Well."

"Wait," I stopped him as he took a step away from my bed. He faced me before I took that leap, that jump. I pushed myself up and off the bed so I was standing in front of him, "Harry," my voice was quiet as I looked up at him. 

He didn't speak, he just stared down at me. His eyes burned into mine as we shared this moment, it didn't feel awkward, but it didn't feel right either. It felt like a long time passed but it probably only thirty seconds before he did say something. "Don't do this," he said as I touched his left arm, my forefinger slowly running up his leather jacket arm. 

I looked down at my finger before I ran it down his hand, our skin touching as I traced my finger over the cross tattoo on his hand before I looked back up at him, his face blank not giving away any emotions. "What exactly am I doing?" My voice was low as I spoke before I bit my lip as I stared up at him. 

"You're playing with fire, Ell," he told me before he took his hand away from mine. 

I slowly licked over my top lip, "It's just you and me." I couldn't believe how I was behaving, with Zayn everything had been so easy, easy for a reason I guess. "We're trapped here together in this big house," I placed my hand on his chest, on the right side, the leather cold on my palm before I swirled my forefinger around on the spot. "Might as well-"

"Stop!" He snapped before he took my hand off his chest, dropping it before he stepped away from me. "You, me, nothing is going to happen, Ell."

My eyes narrowed as he spoke those words, I hadn't told him much but I had given him some kind of clue about what I wanted. I wanted him, I wanted him to be close to me, I wanted him to be with me all the time, to hold me, to make me feel safe. 

"Just take your medication and stay in bed, Ell." He turned away from me and left the room leaving me standing there dumbfounded. 

Looking back at my bed at the medication boxes, "You want me to take my medication?" I asked even though he'd already asked, "You want me to stay in bed?" 

I turned around and grabbed the boxes of pills popping them out on the bed, after popping them all I grabbed a handful shoving them into my mouth, my hand shaking as I did. My eyes widened as I realised what I was actually doing, spitting them out of my mouth I grabbed the water and tried to get rid of the pill taste from my mouth. 

Placing the glass back down on the side table I sat on the bedroom floor and grabbed my head as I rocked on the floor to myself. I had always been stupid, I'd always made the wrong decisions in my life. 

I wished my father was normal, I wished that none of this was happening and then I wouldn't be in this ridiculous house with only Harry for company. I reached up on the bed and grabbed the mobile phone that I had been gifted, there needed to be some way for me to make contact with someone other than Harry. 

Scanning through all the settings I struggled to find an option, I struggled to find anything that was going to help me with what I wanted. My hands were shaking as I thought about the work phones we used when I used to have a job, getting an outside line required a number to be placed in front of the actual phone number. I would try anything, I pressed nine before dialling in my brother's number before pressing the call button. 

Putting the phone to my ear it started to ring, my eyes widened as I listened to it ring before it clicked over to someone answering, "Hello?"