Chapter 26

The blinding rays of the sun shined down on Amira's and Hassan's faces, making them wake up. Amira smiled and looked into his eyes, "Good morning baby."

    Hassan returned her smile and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "Sleep well?"

     "Better than ever." She blushed and buried her face in his chest. They lay there for a while before getting up.

     "You can use the guest room while I freshen up in my room." Amira said, then packed up the blankets. Hassan helped her to pack the plates inside and keep the remaining cake in the fridge.

     After that, he followed her upstairs to her room. He shook his head as he plopped down on the bed, "This is so girly."

     "I am a girl duh!" She shrugged and gave him a towel, a new toothbrush and a bag of clothes to change into. She bought him a shirt and sweatpants as part of her surprise gifts for him. He took them from her and she showed him the guest room. When he finished bathing and changing, he went back to her room.

     Amira was clad in leggings and a pink top that stopped just below her bum. She packed her hair up into a tight bun and brushed the edges.

     "How do I look?" she asked, turning to face him.

     "Beautiful, as usual." He smiled and plopped down on her bed.

     "Thank you, you look nice in your sweatpants too." She winked.

     "Thanks for the clothes." She shrugged and asked him to go downstairs with her so that they could make breakfast and watch movies.

     "What do you want to eat?" she asked when they got to the kitchen.

     "We can make pancakes, sandwiches, mini frittatas, omelettes and scrambled eggs." Hassan answered.

     "I don't know how to make frittatas though." Amira frowned.

     "Don't worry, I learned how to make those while in Australia. I'll teach you."

     Amira brought out all the ingredients and watched Hassan make the first frittata, then she made one too.

     "This looks yummy!" she said while mixing the batter for the pancakes.

     "I know right!" Hassan chuckled.

     "How ironic! A whole meal is making desserts." She told Hassan, while looking at the outline of his abs.

     "So, would you like to have a taste of this meal?" He smirked, gesturing to his abs.

     "Shut up!" Amira laughed and went back to her pancakes while Hassan made the sandwiches. Then they fried the eggs together. When everything was ready, they arranged them in a plate.

     "Who knew Hassan would be a good cook?" Amira teased as she picked up the plates.

     "We could just eat here, and thanks for the compliment." Hassan smiled. She placed the plates back on the island counter and pulled out two stools, then poured two cups of coffee for them.

     "These taste so nice." Amira moaned.

     "My wife is such a good cook." He agreed, smiling at her. Amira blushed and looked away.

     When they finished eating, Amira washed the dishes together with the ones from the previous night.

     "So what next?" Hassan asked.

     "Movies!" Amira chirped.

     They went into the living room and Amira checked what was showing on Box office. There were a bunch of movies but Crazy Rich Asians, Down A Dark Hall and Unfriended caught their attentions. After thirty minutes of analyzing which would be better, they decided to watch Crazy Rich Asians.

***

     "The movie was hella funny." Amira commented when the cast was showing on the TV.

     "I know right!" Hassan agreed, then rented the next movie.

     "I hope you don't get scared of horror movies." Hassan looked at Amira.

     "Seriously? Man I live for horror movies. I love the look on the character's face when something gruesome shows up or when something evil watches them sleep. That feeling of something evil lurking in the dark is everything!"

     "Remind me to be scared of you." He laughed and looked at the TV.

     Three hours and two movies later, they got up to pray Zuhr. Amira was excited that she got to pray with Hassan, not just pray with him but pray for him while he stood in front of her. It was her dream, to say her prayers while her husband led and soon, they'll be married.

     "Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu." Hassan said after the last raka'at. When they finished, they decided to cook lunch.

     "What do you think we should eat?" Amira asked.

     "I honestly don't know. How about we eat out?" he suggested.

     "Sure, we can just eat at Kilimanjaro since it isn't far from here." Amira nodded.

     "No, I mean... How about roadside indomie?"

     "You mean mai sha'i indomie? That sounds super cool, shall we?" She held out her hand.

     "Yes babe."

     There was a man that sold indomie close to Citec so they went there. Hassan parked his white Benz by the road and ordered for two plates. They sat on the bench and waited for it to be ready.

     "I actually didn't pin you as someone that'd enjoy eating mai sha'i indomie."

     "I am full of surprises babe." He winked.

     "This is so cute, let's take pictures to keep the memory. I'll show them to our first child." Amira brought out her phone and opened the camera.

     "Say indomie!" She joked.

     "Indomie!" Hassan laughed and she took the selfie.

     "Soyaiya mai dadi." The food vendor teased.