Chapter 29

"Right! Go ahead and slap the woman carrying your child!"

     One second.

     Two seconds.

     Three seconds passed and Hassan stood there motionless.

     "What did you say?" he asked in an unusually calm tone.

     "I am pregnant Hassan, I didn't want to tell you on the phone." Alicia replied, sighing softly.

     "How can you be pregnant? We did it just once and I was very sure I pulled out." When he saw someone approaching them, he told her to get in the car.

     "Yes we did it once and I was fertile at the time. And if I can remember correctly, you never pulled out." she replied when they got into the car.

     "I don't know how to tell you this but you can't keep that child. I don't love you, I have a fiancée whom I love so much and I can't hurt her like this."

     "Love? I can see just how much you love her. You love her so much that you didn't even resist my seduction." Alicia rolled her eyes.

     "I wasn't the one being a slut and seducing other people's boyfriends."

     "I wasn't the one who couldn't resist the urge to just plant his seed in any garden."

     "Seriously? Tell you what? You have to abort this pregnancy. How much do you want? I'll give you double."

     Alicia slapped Hassan hard across the face. "I won't abort this pregnancy and my child isn't going to be born without a father."

     Hassan was stunned, he didn't expect her to lay a finger on him. He couldn't even say a word as he looked at her.

     "You have to get married to me. I don't know what you'd tell your fiancée but I honestly don't care. When you were moaning and groaning 'yes babe ride that shit', you didn't think about her."

     "Can you just stop it?" he finally asked, running his fingers through his full hair.

     "Of course not! If you haven't printed your invitation cards yet, it'd be best not to because what'll be on the cards is Hassan and Alicia, not you and some naive teenager."

     It was Hassan's turn to slap her. "I won't let you talk about Amira in this manner."

     "Did you just slap me because of that little girl?" Alicia gritted angrily.

     "I will slap you over and over again, now get the fuck out of my car!"

     Before she reacted, he opened the door and pushed her out. She fell on her butt and watched as Hassan zoomed off. Tears fell from her eyes as she watched the back of his car disappear into the night. She was devastated, not because he pushed her but because he was loaded and she needed to pin the pregnancy on him. It was in fact not his but because her so called boyfriend was broke, she figured she'd rather pin it on Hassan. She didn't feel a bit of pity for him because she didn't force him to cheat on his girlfriend.

     She got up and dusted her dress, whether he liked it or not, he had to marry her and she made a mental note to visit his parents the next day.

     Finding his family house wasn't hard because they were quite popular and everyone knew where they lived.

     The next day, she dressed up in a nice gown and headed straight to Hassan's family house. When she got to the gate, the gateman refused to let her in because he had never seen her. She explained how she needed to see Hassan's parents urgently so the gateman asked her to wait while he went to inform them. Three minutes later, Alicia was sitting on a couch in Hassan's parent's living room. She subtly looked around and was pleased with what she saw. She wasn't from a wealthy home. She being in Australia was because of a scholarship she got.

     When Hassan's mum came into the living room, Alicia got up to greet her. Hassan's mum gave her an awkward smile and sat down. "Who are you?"

     Alicia smiled, "I'm sure Hassan hasn't told you. I'm his girlfriend, we met in Australia and I'm in fact carrying his child."

     Hassan's mum felt all the air leave her lungs. "Do you know what you're saying at all?"

     "Very well mum."

     "Don't call me mum, I'm not your mum! Just hold on." Hassan's mum called him and asked him to get to the house as soon as possible.

     In less than thirty minutes, he was there. When he stepped into the living room, he was shocked. "What are you doing here Alicia?" he asked angrily.

     "Oh! So you know her. What am I hearing about her being pregnant?" Hassan's mum asked. She was trying hard not to lose her patience.

     Hassan glared at Alicia and asked her to leave immediately.

     "No she's not leaving! Hassan what is going on?" His mum asked angrily. Just then, Hassan's dad came into the living room.

     "Mum I only did it with her once and I was sure I pulled-" Before he could finish, his mum's hand flew across his face.

     "You shameless bastard! Why would you do that? Couldn't you have waited until marriage? I don't have anything to say to you Hassan! I'm concerned about Amira and her family. Why have you chosen to ruin her life? Can't you see how in love she is with you? I'm disappointed in you Hassan. I'm not saying cheating is right but couldn't you have at least used protection? What will I tell Amira? I'm actually not surprised, the apple they say, does not fall too far from the tree."

     "What do you mean?" Hassan's dad asked.

     "What do you mean by what do I mean?" Hassan's mum glared at her husband.

     "Whatever happened was in the past, I thought you agreed to forget it."

     "Not when your son has decided to follow in your footsteps."

     "Oh now he's my son?"

     "Yes he's your son! There's no way this dog would've come from me."

     Hassan watched his parents exchange insults while Alicia was sort of amused. When Hassan caught the look on her face, he angrily shoved her to the door and slapped her.

     "All thanks to you, my parents are fighting!" Without waiting for her to react, he pulled her outside and pushed her into his car. He got into the driver's seat and drove her straight to the hospital.

     "You can't do this Hassan! You can't abort my child." He ignored her and pulled her into the hospital.

     "Who's the doctor on duty? I need a paternity test done right now."

     A nurse hurried to him and asked him to lower his voice, then took him to the lab. Alicia thrashed around not wanting to get the test done, so the doctor injected her and she immediately went into a weak state.

     An hour after, the results were out. Alicia sat nervously in her seat as Hassan opened the results. His eyes darkened as he saw the result.

     Negative.

     "You bastard!" he gritted and slapped her across the face before dragging her out with him.

     "I can explain." Alicia cried.

     Hassan ignored her and drove her straight to the police station.

     "I want her locked in the cell and under no circumstance should she be granted bail."

     After explaining everything that happened and writing down his statement, Alicia was thrown in the cell. Her cries filled the whole station but Hassan didn't look back. He needed to go home to calm his parents down. Without wasting any more time, he stepped on the accelerator and zoomed off.