» ᵀᵂᴼ «

"nooooo! NOO!" san whined loudly.

"no, the piece goes there you butthead! didn't mommy or daddy ever teach you about board games?" mingi poked his older brother as he spoke.

wooyoung was laughing. "you guys are funny when you fight." "funny! funny!" jongho clapped.

"ahhh!" san screamed at the top of his lungs.

"this game is stupid! you're all dumb dumbs!"

and with that, san angrily smacked all of the pieces off of the table, sending all of the pieces flying at yeosang's head, which he thankfully dodged. but, san wasn't over, and he lifted the board and threw it, this time hitting yeosang in the face before he had time to react.

"guys! we're gonna wake up the babysitter, then mommy and daddy will be mad!" yunho shushed them as he ran up to yeosang, simply telling him to be quiet, rather than comfort his crying brother.

"the babysitter isn't asleep, she's outside talking to mama and dada." "we'll still be in tr-"

"boys! what is happening!" hongjoong yelled.

seonghwa ran to yeosang faster than the speed of light at just one glimpse of seeing him crying into his hands. he glared at the others while hugging his baby.

"san hyung can be crazy monster." jongho said.

"san, tell me wh-" "i-i thought the game was unfair, and m-mingi called me a no-no-word, and i got angry so i threw the game!" "don't put blame on me! you were breaking the rules, and you even hit yeosangie hyung with your anger! you say sorry!" mingi yelled back.

"yeosang's a crybaby, it was just a game." san mocked and crossed his arms. yeosang cried even harder.

"alright, enough! mingi, say sorry to san for calling him a bad word. and san, apologize to everyone. after that, both of you need to go to your rooms."

the two toddlers sighed but did what they were told.

*:.. o ..:*

hongjoong pov.

hi there. i'm hongjoong, as you obviously know.

i'm here to tell the story of how i got all my kids.

i mean, it's physically impossible for seonghwa and i to have our own kids, so, of course, we adopted.

here's each of their stories.

for yunho, we found him after searching for a long time to find where to adopt a child. his backstory was that his parents abandoned him when he was only a few weeks old, and, unfortunately, they committed suicide together. it was fortunate, however, that yunho was found, and that he was too young to remember that. he jumped from foster home to foster home, but apparently, no home was right for him, until seonghwa and i found him. when we met him, he was just so small and precious, and so polite that we couldn't just let him go. so, we officially adopted him soon after, and he's been living with us for about three years.

after that, less than a year later, seonghwa had been talking about how cool it would be to have more kids, and yunho had always wanted a brother, so we decided to adopt again. we found two children, san and wooyoung, that both seemed to be the perfect fit for us. we didn't know if it was a good idea to adopt two at once, but knowing we couldn't just choose one (also, they were coincidentally extremely close to each other and didn't want to leave each other's sides), we finally decided to adopt both.

and then, one lucky, lucky day, we were out shopping as a family, found another abandoned child, and after a long process of filing paperwork and deciding his name, we finally brought home mingi, our fourth child.

and then, another day, seonghwa was researching things about common diseases in children, being the motherly figure he was, as he was making sure his four children wouldn't have anything to cause them suffering. while researching, he eventually got to a "disabilities in children" page, and eventually, found a certified adoption website for children with disabilities. and eventually, he found this young boy who he immediately fell in love with, and wanted so badly to adopt him. yeosang was a bit special, as he was reportedly mute. doctors had said that he had the ability to make noise, he just couldn't figure out speaking words. seonghwa found him adorable, and practically got on his knees to beg me to adopt yeosang. and so, we had five children.

and finally, we found out that san's biological mother had another child, making this new child and san brothers. this child, named jongho, was taken out of custody of his mother for the same reason san was taken out of her hands: child abuse. jongho was now looking for a home to stay in, meaning that the government would want them together. after the longest time we've ever took to consider anything, we finally came to the decision to adopt him, so that he could be with his brother.

after that, no more kids. don't get me wrong, we loved all of them so, so, so much but more than six children would simply be too much. we were done.

back to the situation at hand, seonghwa instructed yunho to comfort his younger brother, while he and i talked to the two crazies.

"mingi, san, i want you to do as you're told, or else you're staying in timeout for the rest of the night. got it?"

they both nodded. seonghwa gave me a worried look, and i knew he was begging me not to be harsh on them. i knew him, i knew he didn't want me to hurt the kids' feelings. trust me, i didn't want to hurt them either. but children will need some discipline.

"mingi, tell san you're sorry for calling him a name."

"sanie hyung, i'm sorry that i called you a butthead... i was just angry, you aren't actually a butthead.."

"now san, say you're sorry." "i'm sorry, mingi."

"ok, san, come with me." "why?" "you know why, there's someone else who deserves an apology from you."

san sighed but sat up. i smiled at seonghwa. he knew how much i wanted to baby the kids, as well, but he also knew how much they needed some discipline.

yunho brought yeosang over, and we waited.

san sighed and walked forward, embracing his older brother and saying "yeosangie i'm sorry.. i didn't mean to hit you with the board, and sorry about calling you a crybaby... please don't be mad.."

yeosang pulled away. i watched him open his mouth and try his best to speak.

"i-i.." and that was all we needed.

san was confused at first but realized his brother just tried to talk, and seonghwa jumped up and hugging yeosang. i just laughed, i found this whole situation so cute. soon, san and i joined the hug.