» ᵀᴱᴺ «

"alright, it's time to go to therapy. who wants to come?" "daddy, why does mingi have to go?" san asked.

"it's a long story. it's mainly because he tried to run away." "oh, ok." san said and walked away. hongjoong sighed, and ended up only taking yeosang and mingi.

mingi had to start therapy, because, after the traumatic experience, the parents took him to a psychologist to see if there was anything wrong. sure enough, the poor kid was diagnosed with childhood depression, which sort of set their family back so far. the parents were so upset, because they felt like it was their faults, even though it had nothing to do with them.

so, mingi had to go to his own therapy, which conveniently was scheduled just before yeosang's speech therapy, so they could go together, basically.

and today was mingi's first day of therapy, so he was really nervous. he didn't want to make anyone worried, because he hated seeing his family worried. he didn't even want to go to therapy in the first place.

"hongjoong, honey, wake up.."

hongjoong opened his eyes, seeing seonghwa shaking him awake seemingly fearfully.

"what's wrong?" "i heard a knock at the door, then said some stuff, a-and they tried to unlock the door, i'm scared, what if they-" seonghwa stopped when they heard the door unlock and open.

"s-someone's breaking in, come on, keep the kids safe, call the police, g-go.." seonghwa started panicking.

"shh, shh...i'll get the bat, y-you get some scissors, and call the police, either stay outside of their room or go inside, c-come on, before they get anywhere.." hongjoong said.

seonghwa jumped up after grabbing scissors from a drawer and ran to the kids room.

hongjoong picked up the bat hidden behind the door in case of emergencies, and got ready to hit someone if he had to. he went int the hallway, seeing a dark figure walking into the living room. he had what looked like rope, and some kind of small weapon, like a knife.

the father was overcome with fear, but ignored it as he knew he had to protect his children and husband.

meanwhile, seonghwa ran to the kids' room, waking them up and ordering them to hide in the closet, instructing yunho to first barricade the door with a chair and lock it. he then sat outside the door, one hand shakily holding the scissors, with the other frantically dialing 119 on his phone.

"119, what's your emergency?"

"w-we're being broken into.. the address is ****... please hurry, w-we have six kids here, a-all five years old and younger..." "alright, stay calm, you're doing great. is there anyone else in the house to help you defend your family?" "y-yes, my h-h-husband is going to confront t-the man, i-i'm standing in front of the k-kids' room, the door i-is locked and they're hiding.."

seonghwa jumped and almost screamed when he heard hongjoong yelling muffled words. he wanted to get up and help, but he knew he had to stay put and protect the kids.

and the poor, scared kids, who heard their parents' cries and yells, were about to lose their minds. san was crying softly, while mingi was close to crying out loud, before yunho smartly covered his brother's mouth as to not give away where they were. wooyoung and yeosang were cuddling each other for comfort, and jongho stood in front of his brothers defensively, just in case.

"give me my children!" a man yelled.

there was a thud, as the man had thrown hongjoong to the ground, and he came storming down the hallway. seonghwa screamed and swung the scissors, making the man back up a second.

seonghwa then instinctively kicked, and pushed the man back down the hallway, but he wasn't done. the man got back up, and, as he was much taller and much stronger than the poor parent, was able to shove seonghwa to the side and rush towards the kids' door.

hongjoong stood up, in pain, but he didn't care. he ran right to the door and fought the man harshly. he didn't care if he died, as long as his kids were safe.

hongjoong got so enraged he violently bit the guy.

seonghwa, after saying some words to the 119 operator amidst his open sobbing, threw the phone down and angrily tried to push the man, but it didn't do much.

the man managed to break the door open.

everyone screamed.

"POLICE! HANDS IN THE AIR," screams cried, stopping the man as he opened the closet door.

the intruder turned around, his hands in the air, seeing a group of armed policemen pointing guns at him. there was a moment of quiet, before you could hear the hysterical cries of seonghwa, the beginning cries of hongjoong, and the soft cries from the kids.

most police eventually took the man out of the home, while some stayed inside to help the injured parents, and comfort the terrified kids.

after some accompanying paramedics bandaged up seonghwa's wound he got from dropping the scissors, they let him go into the room and try to convince the remaining kids to leave the closet, as mingi and yunho, who were still scared still, hadn't left like the others.

and, while seonghwa used his words to convince the boys, he was holding tiny yeosang in his arms, who'd ran to him immediately when he knew he was safe, unlike the others, who ran to hongjoong.

"it's alright, boys. mommy's here, you're safe, the bad guy is gone...please, mommy needs a hug."

mingi finally took a deep breath and slowly walked out, the fear still plastered on his face. he turned around, seeing yunho was still too afraid to leave the closet. he walked back to it, grabbing his older brother's hand and leading yunho out with him. they finally walked to seonghwa, then falling into his arms.

sorry for not posting and sorry for all this sudden angst n stuff anyways thanks for 1k reads