» ᵀᴴᴵᴿᵀᴱᴱᴺ «

the school bell rang.

"school's over! it's summer!" yunho screamed.

all six kids came sprinting out the gates of the school, all cheering and jumping. they ran to hongjoong, who was waiting excitedly for them. he and seonghwa had gotten gifts for the kids for surviving their first year of school.

once they got home, all the kids sat on the living room carpet as the parents brought out a box for each of them, which they were all similar in size.

yunho ended up getting a harry potter wand, yeosang a new, bigger drone, san an entire ball of mini shibers, mingi a few new video games, wooyoung a little cd player, and jongho more stress balls.

the family had just gotten back from a little bike ride, since it was nice outside. it was the iconic bath night, where seonghwa had the job of washing two kids at a time, while hongjoong had the job of dressing the kids and drying their hair, because they all hated wet hair.

seonghwa first brought in san and yeosang, who were both full of energy. they kept splashing the water, making seonghwa frustrated, but he stayed chill.

san was playing his own game with the toys, and yeosang tried to copy him, only muttering tiny gibberish.

after they were done, seonghwa wrapped a towel around each of them and told them to go to the playroom, where hongjoong was waiting with their clothes, and a blow dryer to dry their hair.

next came yunho and jongho. these two were both exhausted, so seonghwa set up towels on the edge of the bathtub, letting them lean on it.

once they were done, mingi and wooyoung were last, with more energy than yeosang and san. they kept standing up, throwing things, screaming, and more. it was a nightmare, but seonghwa somehow got through it by just trying to stay patient.

eventually, they were all done, and the whole family was sitting in the small playroom.

yeosang, jongho, and yunho were fast asleep, with yeosang just curled up on the floor, and jongho and yunho right next to each other, against a pillow.

mingi, who'd used up all his energy in the bath, was silently laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

hongjoong, worried that his depression was getting to him again, crawled over and picked him up, embracing him and letting him fall asleep in his arms.

"i think it's time for bed." seonghwa whispered. hongjoong nodded, and the pair began bringing the kids into the bedroom, one by one.

"alright, boys, i've gotta take all four of you to mingi and yeosang's therapy, because mommy took wooyoung and yunho to dance class—and i know, mingi, that you wanted to go, but therapy is more important, okay? you won't miss it next time, i promise."

once they arrived at the place, hongjoong got out of the car and went to the right side to get san out, since he was complaining about something being wrong with his buckle.

after unbuckling the seatbelt, he climbed in and took yeosang and mingi out of the car.

yeosang, who brought his new drone, began flying it around and following it, while mingi, who was on the verge of a tantrum, sat on the road against the car.

hongjoong was picking up san when mingi started to whine, and slightly cry.

the father ended up standing san on the car floor, instead of the road, leaving the child for a moment while he tried to calm mingi down. san took this opportunity to get down by himself, and so he tried to jump, but ended up falling onto the concrete.

hongjoong whirled around and picked him up immediately, as san began to cry. he saw yeosang walking away, yelling a quick "hey, yeosang, don't go far, okay?" and getting a nod in return.

while san and mingi were crying, then jongho started crying because he was hungry.

hongjoong was going to go crazy.

meanwhile, yeosang had moved all the way over to the left side of the car, but he was going further away, as the wind was blowing his drone further away.

suddenly, the drone fell, landing on the side of the building, out of sight from yeosang.

he quickly ran over, to where the parking lot was out of sight, where he picked up the drone to check if it was okay. it was alright, so he began mindlessly flying it again, causing it to continue flying away from the building. he didn't even think about a thing.

he followed the drone way too far away.

ok so two things:
1) this was basically a filler chapter for smth so sorry for it being short
2) the next event was thought up by someone i know bc i asked them for help so this isn't completely my idea so please don't murder me