» ᶠᴼᴿᵀᵞ-ˢᴵˣ «

'i'm nervous. i haven't tried to speak in a while. what if i forgot everything?' yeosang signed and frowned. seonghwa patted his shoulder.

"you haven't even checked yet, how can you be so sure you lost everything you knew? besides, you were already making so much progress, you couldn't have lost that much. go on, try to say the first word that comes to your mind." the parent said.

'okay.. i'll try to say mingi.'

"alright, whenever you're ready."

seonghwa leaned back, smiling out of excitement to finally hear the boy's voice again.

yeosang cleared his throat.

"m.." he paused, nervous to test himself.

"m-mingi." he said clearly. the pair both covered their mouths and laughed, as seonghwa quickly encouraged yeosang to try more words.

"mingi.. j-jongho.. yun..ho.. woah!" he suddenly shouted, getting overly excited at how little trouble he was having. even hearing himself say "woah" made him surprised.

"keep going!" seonghwa exclaimed, taking out his phone and starting to record.

"i-i.. i'm y..yeosang.. a-and.. i..i'm t-t-talking!"

yeosang sat straight up, immediately falling back onto the pillow of his hospital bed and rolling over. he covered his face with his hands, beginning to get emotional, while seonghwa was already crying.

"th-th..this i-is so.. w-w..w-weird!"

"yeosang! y-you're talking! like talking! oh my god, hold on, i'm gonna go get dad, yunho, and woo, they have to see this! hold on!" seonghwa yelled, then placing (more like throwing) the phone onto the bed and darting out the door.

"you can talk?" hongjoong asked as soon as he rushed into the room.

"d-dad!" yeosang exclaimed.

"he still stutters a bit, but he's saying words he's never been taught to say before! i can't believe it!" seonghwa said, jumping around in excitement.

"i-it's w-w-weird! w-wha-what—" yeosang laughed in between his words, shocked by himself.

"i'm just wondering if it'll all stay in his memory.. since one of his problems was remembering everything." "i mean, he's 'remembering' words he's never even been taught before! it'll probably stay!" "that's true."

"yeosang! say my name!" wooyoung shouted.

"w-wooyoung!" yeosang shouted back.

the youngest ran to the bed, hugging his older brother tightly. yunho joined in the hug, then him and wooyoung began testing yeosang on what words he could say.

seonghwa wiped his tears and smiled.

"how do you even know these words?" "yeah, no one ever taught you how to say them! how is it suddenly working?" the boys asked.

yeosang shrugged. he nearly went to use sign language to answer them, out of instinct, but realized he could try to explain it to them by speaking. "i-i th-th..think.. f-f-from h-h..h-hearing?" he said, his sentences still a little broken.

"oh yeah, that's how babies usually learn how to talk, they hear their family say stuff and so they start saying it." yunho said and nodded.

"h-h-hey! i-i'm n..not.. b-baby!" yeosang crossed his arms and pouted.

"alright, everyone is checked out and ready to go. make sure to let them rest for a week or to before returning to school, mingi especially. alright, be safe, bye boys." the doctor said, leaning against the front desk and waving.

the six boys waved back, seonghwa thanked him a few more times, and the family finally left.

once they got home (a family friend gave them a ride, as their car was obviously totaled in the accident), all the kids immediately ran to their rooms, excited to finally be out of that hospital.

while everyone else took naps, played on their phones, etc, yunho was considering something.

"so.. if i already have this money.. and i can do a few babysitting jobs.. then i might be able to convince mom and dad." he said to himself, counting his old allowance money that he hadn't spent in ages, as well as previous birthday and christmas money.

yunho never spent his money, because he didn't see the point in wasting it on useless stuff that he would lose interest in quickly.

"okay." he sighed. "i hope this works."

the boy then stood, walking out to the living room where hongjoong and seonghwa were watching tv together. the parents both looked up at him.

"hey, uh, mom.. dad.. can i ask you something?"

"of course, what is it?" seonghwa responded.

"so.." yunho scratched his head and sat on the arm of the couch. "..you know how i have a lot of money, because i never spend it.." "yeah..?" "and.. christmas is on its way, but you guys have to deal with all of these bills and stuff, so we won't get anything big.." "yeah..."

"so.. you know how—" yunho stopped.

"you know how jongho really, really loves monsta x? that k-pop group?" he whispered.

seonghwa smiled. "where are you going with this.."

"so.. they're holding a concert at a venue that's, like, twenty minutes away from here.. and i thought, since jongho hasn't been feeling well lately... i could.. buy him and i tickets to go see them?" yunho said as softly as he could.

"you mean you use all your money that you've been saving for years, just so jongho can see them live?"

"well.. yeah.." the boy laughed awkwardly.

"yunho... that's so sweet of you.. are you sure? i mean, it's your money.." "yeah, i'm sure. i mean, i would go with him, so it's kind of a present for both of us—more for him, though. i just really want to see the look on his face if he saw them live.. since i never get to see him super happy anymore, i think seeing him like that would be a good enough present for me." he explained.

"honey.. that's so nice of you.." seonghwa said, then standing up and tightly hugging yunho.

"i try." yunho giggled.

"so, when will you tell him?" "well, once we buy the tickets. they're going on sale later tonight, you can pay with your.. digital money.. and i'll give you my cash in return."

jdhddhxislwjdhfksls the ateez presale starts tomorrow i'm S O NE R VO Us fuck

i'll let y'all know if i get vip, pls plspls wish me luck oh my gkfospwgegdjd i'm so scared

anyways thank you for 70k reads!!!!! ily <3