» ᶠᴵᵛᴱ «

"san just ate something! he ate a butterfly!" wooyoung screamed. hongjoong stood up from the porch and ran to the boy to ask him why he would do that, while checking if he hadn't swallowed the bug yet.

while the father checked san, wooyoung ran to yunho and yeosang, who were playing on a long hopscotch course they made on the sidewalk.

"i wanna play!" wooyoung yelled as yeosang stumbled on one of the jumps, then frustratedly sitting in the grass.

"alright, go, then." yunho said and stepped back.

wooyoung began the course, jumping over and over, as he made it all the way down to the driveway, near where the track stopped. he suddenly heard his parents yelling for him go move, but instead of doing what they said, he got confused, and simply stood there.

suddenly, jongho, who was sitting on yeosang's small skateboard, came rolling down the driveway, too fast for wooyoung to react.

and so, jongho ran right into wooyoung.

the older went flying face-first into the concrete sidewalk. jongho fell sideways, almost rolling into the road before seonghwa quickly picked him up.

wooyoung, who hongjoong immediately ran to, began to cry really hard as everyone approached him.

hongjoong checked him, and surprisingly, he only had a few cuts, only one of which was bleeding just a little. the father used his shirt to put pressure on the wound, then hugging him as seonghwa patted his head.

wooyoung continued crying as the parents brought him and jongho inside, without realizing that they'd left the other four children alone outside.

yeosang waddled to his skateboard, sat down on it, and started rolling around happily. mingi saw the opportunity and excitedly ran up behind yeosang, and pushed him so that he would roll away.

in yeosang's attempt to move so he wouldn't get pushed, he turned, and went rolling into the road.

none of the kids really noticed, not even yeosang.

he just started rolling around more, not realizing what was going to happen. since their house was sitting at the top of a small hill, the road was sloped a bit heavily, and so yeosang unknowingly began rolling down the hill, as seonghwa came back outside.

seonghwa, at the sight of his child rolling down the hill at high speeds, screamed, and started running down the hill to try to catch him, with no success.

yeosang rolled all the way down to the grass field, which had a little curb thing surrounding it.

upon hitting that curb thing, the child was almost flung off of his skateboard, falling into a pit of mud. seonghwa screamed again, running down to the now crying child.

he had some small scratches on his arms and legs, and he couldn't seem to move his visibly limp right arm.

the panicking parent carefully picked him up, as hongjoong came running down in the same amount of panic as seonghwa was in.

"oh my god, what happened?" he asked.

"h-he somehow got in the road, i'm not sure how, b-but his skateboard starting rolling down the slope and before i c-could even get close to him, h-he crashed into the mud.." seonghwa explained everything he had seen, while also crying because he felt so bad for yeosang.

the parents brought yeosang into the house and washed off all the mud, while changing him into different clothes and checking on what was hurt.

it quickly became obvious that he had a deep cut on his bottom lip, which, including the fact that the boy kept pointing at his arm as he cried, made them decide to take him to the emergency room.

*:.. o ..:*

"so, as we were stopping his lip from bleeding more, we checked for other injuries, and found that his right arm is broken. he'll have to be in a cast for a little over six weeks. don't worry, though. that was the only sort of major injury, otherwise he's fine. all you need to do is ice his lip daily for ten minutes, and it will heal in no time. you can come see him, now."

the parents were relieved that he was alright, but seonghwa was freaking out because yeosang had broken his arm.

they walked down the hallway, and seonghwa broke down even further (if that was even possible) at the sound of yeosang calling one of the only words he knew.

"m-mama..mama.." most people in the hallway could clearly hear him calling for seonghwa.

once they knew which room he was in, they instantly ran into it, seeing yeosang sitting on the bed. the pair immediately ran to the bedside, seonghwa rubbing yeosang's head and hongjoong holding his hand.

"yeosangie, why did you go in the road? you knew it wasn't safe.." seonghwa asked.

yeosang stopped crying, then tried to say it.

"m-m...m-m-min.." "mingi?"

the child nodded. they smiled at his attempt to say his brother's name without help, and the parents then decided to talk to mingi when they got home.

"he's good to go, if you're ready. his lip is bandaged a little bit, don't take that off for another three days but continue to ice it. let us know if there's any problems with the cast, thank you so much." the nurse said, and the parents thanked her and the doctor, and left.

once they got home, seonghwa carried yeosang inside while hongjoong went to talk to mingi.

"hey, boys, what happened? how did yeosang get into the road? he said mingi had something to do with it.." "he said mingi?" san interrupted. "well, he tried to say mingi, it became obvious." hongjoong responded.

"i didn't do anything!" "mingi, you pushed him." "not into the road! it was supposed to be down the sidewalk, but he turned and rolled into the road. i didn't mean to make him go into the road, i just wanted to push him to help him roll a little more." mingi explained.

hongjoong nodded. "i understand, thank you for telling me. well, no matter what happened, your brother hurt his lip and arm, so no roughhousing with him. got it?"

"hurt arm?" jongho suddenly asked.

"yes, yeosangie's arm is hurt so we have to give it time to heal, so no roughhousing—and make sure he stays out of the road, next time." "ok!" they all shouted.

the brothers then all looked at each other, and simply sighed. hongjoong knew they were bored because they weren't outside anymore. his heart was also breaking because of the bandaid sitting diagonally between wooyoung's eyes, patching up his own wound.

"hey, why don't you guys get a pen, and sign yeosangie's cast? i'm sure that'll make him feel much better."

and with those words, all of their faces lit up, and they started running to their room, screaming "i'm going first!" "no i'm first!" "no me!" "first, first!"

they ran in to find seonghwa, pen in hand, carefully writing "mama loves you!" on yeosang's cast.

"mommy! mommy! can i sign his cast first? please please!" san begged. "no, me, cause i youngest!" jongho yelled afterwards. "no i want to, i'm also hurt so we need to comfort each other!" wooyoung's scream followed.

it ended up going in the order of wooyoung, san, jongho, yunho, and mingi. wooyoung wrote "hurt buddies!" in his big, messy handwriting. san wrote "I LOVE U BRO" with his slightly nicer handwriting, jongho got help from seonghwa to write "get well soon hyung!" while yunho and mingi both wrote "i love you!" and they all drew little hearts around their messages.

throughout the whole thing, though he was still teary because his arm and lip were still hurting, yeosang was smiling happily.