» ᶠᴼᴿᵀᵞ-ᶠᴵᵛᴱ «

"dad, i'm hungry.. the nurse told me that i could eat food from the cafeteria if someone could get it and bring it back here." jongho whined.

"okay hon—woo?" hongjoong said, looking up at wooyoung, who was playing games on his phone.

"hm?" "jongho's hungry, and i can't carry a tray of food. could you go pick some things up from the cafeteria?" hongjoong asked. "sure. jongho, what do you want? it's breakfast right now, so you'll have to get breakfast food." "that's okay, some yogurt, bacon, and milk would be nice." "alright."

wooyoung then stood up, putting his phone in his pocket and walking out the door. he'd already gotten to know how to get to the cafeteria.

he made sure the door closed gently, so that it wouldn't bother anyone.

as the door closed, he let go of the handle, turned, and saw yunho also leaving a nearby hospital room, which was mingi's room.

they both looked at each other in silence.

there was a bit of tension between them since the accident yesterday. hongjoong warned them of how mad he would be if they argued in a time and situation like this. so they were trying to be nice to one another, but there was still a hint of hatred in everything they did.

"where are you going?" yunho asked.

"cafeteria, jongho's hungry and dad can't carry a tray of food. where are you going?"

"also the cafeteria. mingi wants a lot of food, so i offered to go get it for him. shouldn't you be in san's room though? isn't he alone?"

"he's still asleep. the nurses are gonna tell dad when he wakes up and then i'll go sit in the room with him." "right, that makes sense." yunho said and cleared his throat. silence fell on them again, and they both felt like cringing at the amount of awkwardness and tension in the air.

"well, let's go then." wooyoung said, and began walking the opposite way. yunho quickly ran to catch up with the younger.

they went into the cafeteria, got separate trays of food, and began walking back to the rooms.

their walk back was slower, since they were trying not to drop anything. the pair walked side by side in silence for a pretty long time.

that was, until yunho decided to say something.

"woo.. can i tell you something?" "sure, what is it?" "i..." he paused.

"i'm.. i'm sorry. i'm sorry for being so rude to you all the time, i'm sorry for making you mad for no reason. i know i'm selfish and not doing the best as your older brother, so i just wanted to tell you that i'm sorry." yunho said.

wooyoung didn't say anything. he slowly looked up at the older, wondering how to respond.

"i forgive you. and you're not selfish, yunho, i know how seriously you take caring for us. so it's okay, don't take anything i say too personally. i say.. a lot of shit i don't mean when i'm mad."

there was another pause. wooyoung hoped his words sounded sincere, since he was bad at this stuff.

"well, thank you for forgiving me. but i think someone owes me an apology as well.." yunho said a bit teasingly. "an apology? y—"

wooyoung stopped. he knew yunho was right.

"fine. i'm sorry for being an asshole. you're doing your best, i have no right to judge your skills with taking care of us, no matter how angry i get. so i'm sorry." the younger finally spit out.

"thank you, i forgive you, too." yunho replied.

even though the conversation was a bit awkward, both boys felt relieved. the tension was gone, and they finally felt comfortable again.