» ᶠᴼᴿᵀᵞ-ᶠᴼᵁᴿ «

okok i'm sorry if i misled y'all in the last chapter that was my bad :(

also tw because there's descriptions of pretty gory things... again i'm sorry if y'all wanted something other than this, this is just the best i could think of for the time being

"so... we've gotten updates on your boys' conditions..." the doctor said.

seonghwa clenched hongjoong's hand, while yunho and wooyoung held their breaths. they were currently sitting in the hallway, waiting for answers to their questions.

"so.. they're all alive, and doing much better."

everyone finally breathed out, feeling like a big weight had been lifted off their chests.

"but.. there are obviously a few problems. so, let's start with... san. so.. san was one of the unconscious ones at the scene, but don't worry, he's fine. he only suffered a concussion, and his body was probably in shock. he might've been awake for some of that time, just too weak or too in shock to move. he's awake now, and he's going to be complaining of head pain for a while, but otherwise... only two broken fingers and that's about it. now, for jongho. it seems that on the scene, while still in the car, jongho suffered a seizure—and that may sound scary, let me just clarify, that was his only problem. other than that, he's completely fine. and now for yeosang; he was in a state of panic when we brought him in, so he was coughing, crying, and couldn't breathe properly.. so once we checked on him, we found that he received chest trauma, and some damage to his neck, specifically his vocal chords. his chest trauma, we think, caused his lungs to bruise, which is probably the cause of his coughing up blood. alright, so those were the three lighter injuries.." he sighed.

"l-lighter? what do you mean?" "don't tell me.."

"yeah, mingi had it the worst. but, we should at least be thankful that they're all alive and well.. so.. mingi was the other one to be unconscious on the scene.. he remained unconscious even after the long time of being in the emergency center. but don't worry, he's awake now. the problem is that.. he also received brain damage. mingi is going to, at least for a while, suffer from amnesia. he won't remember anything that happened in the past few years, maybe even the decade, we haven't tested it yet. we don't know how much he's forgotten, but we know for sure there's a lot he's not going to remember."

the room went silent. everyone was trying to process  what this meant, what was happening, and what they'd have to do to cope with it.

"all four are ready for visits. i suggest mingi last.. and you'll have to go in one at a time, just in case."

"o-okay.. hwa, where are we going first?" "well, there's four of us. how about this.. yunho goes to jongho's room, wooyoung to san's room, hongjoong to mingi, and i to yeosang."

"that works. let's go."

hongjoong took a deep breath. he was dying of nervousness to go in and talk with mingi. he was so worried about how bad the memory loss was.

"alright, we asked him a few questions.. actually, before we did, he didn't hesitate to ask us where his parents and brothers were, so that's obviously a good sign.. so, he doesn't remember the crash, we asked him what grade he was in and... there was hesitation, he seemed really unsure. he told us grades that were at least a year if not two years behind where he is now.. so he may be missing a longer time than expected.. so, when you go in, just.. go slowly. let him know lightly that he may not remember a few things, and reassure him.. alright, you may go in now." the nurse explained.

hongjoong felt his breathing hitch as he opened the door and slowly walked inside.

mingi, who was sitting straight up in the hospital bed, turned his head, and felt relieved when he saw hongjoong approaching.

"hey, baby.. how are you feeling?" hongjoong asked, pulling up a chair and sitting next to the bed.

"my head hurts.. dad, why am i even in here... why are there casts on your arms... what's happening, where even is everyone?" mingi asked, his eyes welling up with tears as he was confused and scared. hongjoong reached over and rubbed his head.

"you're okay.. everyone is okay, don't worry. there was just... an accident. and you hurt your head, so.. you may have a little bit of memory loss. but it's okay! don't worry too much about it, what's important is that you're safe and awake, okay? it'll be alright."

"oh.. i mean, that kind of makes sense.. b-but how much did i forget?" he asked fearfully.

"we'll talk about that eventually, but right now, it doesn't matter. we're just gonna make sure you heal well for now, okay?"

"okay.. c-can you at least tell me about this accident? i want to know.."

hongjoong sighed.

should i? he thought. he figured it would make mingi even more lost and upset if he didn't, so he decided to explain it as lightly as possible.

"alright.. so, this morning, we were all driving to pick up mom from somewhere, and... let's just say a truck driver made a very bad decision.. but don't worry, everyone is doing just fine. no one is too badly hurt.."

"what happened to everyone?"

"well.. i broke my arm and some fingers, as you can see... but i'm fine, don't worry about me. yunho and wooyoung didn't get hurt.. jongho hurt his head but he's okay.. san also had a few injuries, but they were only mild.. yeosang injured his throat and lungs, he'll be fine, too.. and you only got some memory loss."

"oh.." mingi sighed. he was trying to process the fact that there could be years behind him that he forgot, just like that.

"dad?" "yes, hon?"

"is there any way i can go see everyone? i really want to see them... or at least, can you bring wooyoung and yunho in here? i miss them a lot and i want to have them in the room." mingi said, his lips forming into the natural pout he always put on when he wanted something.

"of course. will you be okay in here by yourself? i'll go grab them quickly." "yeah, i'll be fine."

"okay. i'll be right back." hongjoong smiled.

GUYS
GUESS WHAT

SO UH
IM GONNA BE BUYING VIP TICKETS TO SEE ATEEZ IN LA IN APRIL,,,,,,, WHICH MEANS

I AM GOING TO MEET ATEEZ

GUYS I CANT BRETAGEJFJDVRBHKDHKXH IM GONNA MEET MY BABIES IM GONNA MEET YEOSANG AND TOUCH HIS HAND AND TOUCH ALL THEIR HANDS FUCKFJDKSKJRHRHGKFJDBS

I HOPE YOU ALL GET TO SEE THEM TOO!!!

BUT OMG FUCKDHRJFPDKSB
IM GONNA???? MEET THEM?????????

anyways enough of that THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT i'm sorry if this story has gotten so depressing i know y'all are tired of it :(