Twenty Three

"Change of plans. I'm moving the timeline up. Tell your men to get ready"

"What do you mean by moving up the timeline?"

"Are you so stupid that I have to explain everything to you?"

"Yes. Let's start with why you're so angry today. Who was it that had the audacity to anger you today, your highness?" Albert said putting down the magazine he had been perusing. Lisandra's moods swings were starting to irritate him. He could tolerate them but only in moderation. Of late, ever since Max's wife had come back, she had been getting out of control and asking for outrageous things. He liked it better when all he worried about was who he was going to spend the night with.

"Gwen found out about us"

"What?" he asked springing up "How?"

"She saw us at the restaurant...."

"Damn it, I knew this would happen. Didn't I tell you this was too risky?" he asked cutting her off.

"Are you blaming me?"

"You were the one who thought it would be fun to go on dates because the risk of getting caught was a turn on. On a scale of one to ten, how turned on are you right now?" he retorted. This was the problem with Lisandra. She was reckless.

"Yeah, well I didn't think we would actually get caught. We've been together for so long and Gwen has never suspected anything. It was that bitch Emilia that told her"

"It doesn't matter who told her. We shouldn't have gone to that stupid restaurant or any of those dates in the first place. Affairs are supposed to stay behind closed doors. That's the number one rule. What am I going to do now?"

"Forget about that. We need to get rid of that woman. Everything will go back to normal once she's out of the picture"

"For you, maybe. Gwen is never going to forgive me. Was she angry? Or was she hurt?"

"You'll find another rich fiancé soon. Don't worry"

"Are you kidding me?"

"What? Don't tell me that you actually fell in love with her. I thought you said she was boring?"

"That's not the point. I've spent too much time on Gwen to let her go like that" it was a lie. He actually liked being with her. She was sweet, caring and did things Lisandra would never do. He was a man. The hot sex Lisandra provided was great but once in a while he liked something sweet and simple. Gwen was never going to be the seductress her friend was. But he liked it when she made him breakfast and demanded he cuddle with her whenever she felt down. He secretly watched her sleeping because he thought she looked like an angel and maybe he really had fallen in love with her. Shit!

"Like I said, once we get rid of that pesky witch, everything will go back to normal. I can convince Gwen to forgive us"

"Are you sure? Because I really don't want to find a job and my trust fund is almost out"

"Trust me. Now tell me, how many men do you have?"

"Yeah, about that. Since we couldn't afford professionals, I hired some wannabe gangsters. If it's something big I don't think they can handle it"

"Then find others"

"Do you know how expensive it is to hire people who can do a flawless job and keep their mouths shut? I don't want to go to jail Lisandra. If you want to get away with murder, you're going to have to come up with the money this time" that was also another lie. His trust fund was enough for him to live comfortably for the next ten years. Normally he wouldn't have a problem with spending money since he had a rich girlfriend. But now that he wasn't sure if Gwen would take him back or not, he had to tread carefully.