Twenty Five

"Did you remember to carry everything?"

"No. But I have the most important thing. Passports and my wallet"

"Why is your wallet important?" Emilia asked rolling her eyes

"Because with it we don't even need our luggage. We can buy anything we want once we get there" Max replied smugly

"That's what you're teaching Zander? That as long as he has money everything else will be okay?"

"Well... That's.... I didn't....."

"Cat got your tongue Mr. Carter?"

"Ouch, that was harsh. All I said was that if we happen to forget or lose our luggage, we wouldn't be that worried because we could get new things once we get to Hawaii. But you just had to go and twist my words into something so....."

"Shut up and sit down. I'm going to get something to drink" she said leading Zander to one of the chairs in the waiting area. Their flight was scheduled to take off in half an hour. Knowing that they had a child with them, she thought it was best to get to the airport a bit earlier in case something arose. It was hard to tell what Zander or his father might do given the chance. Already, he'd gotten her phone out of her bag and was playing games.

Everything around him ceased to exist whenever he found a game to keep him busy. If she'd decided to leave the house at the exact time their flight left, they would have missed it. Which was why she'd dragged them both to the airport an hour earlier. Thanks to traffic, they had half an hour to spare. It was how they would spend that half an hour that worried Em. Max had suggested they take a private plane but she has refused because she wanted Zander to live like normal children and not get used to the luxury they had.

For someone who barely spent time in the airport, he was bound to do something stupid. In fact she had come to the conclusion that between him and Zander there was absolutely no difference. It was as if he was seeing things for the first time. If she hadn't stopped him earlier, he would have bought the whole gift shop. That was what happened when you traveled with someone who was used to private planes. He barely knew how the inside of normal waiting areas looked like.

"Do you want anything?"

"Whatever you're having is fine"

"And you baby?"

"Nothing mom" Zander answered still immersed in his game. That meant he wanted something. If he happened to look up and find them both holding drinks while he didn't have anything, he would throw a tantrum even though he'd clearly said he didn't want anything.

"Okay, I'll be right back" she told them heading to the vending machine. She turned around carrying two energy drinks and a bag chips and came to a halt. There, in front of Max was a woman who was blatantly flirting with him. Her posture and body language said it all. She thought she'd hit the jackpot with her husband. Which made sense. Single rich dads were popular these days. Find yourself one, pretend to care about his kid and you'll be taken care of for the rest of your life. But this was her husband, and that woman had squatted to Zander's eye level, no doubt giving Max an eyeful of her cleavage in the name of getting to know her son.

Slowly, she walked towards them and sat next to Zander then snorted when she realized her assumptions had been right. That woman's breasts were almost falling off her top. Clearing her throat she asked "Can I help you?"

"No, thanks. I'm getting to know this lovely boy. Isn't he just so beautiful?" the woman said attempting to ruffle Zander's hair. Emilia slapped her hands away saying

"I know first hand how beautiful he is because he takes after me. So get your filthy hands off him"

"W... What?"