Vacation and Relaxation (Chapter 6, Part 5)

You panicked, "What?! Who's gonna try to kill us?!"

"Stay quiet," Rick spoke, "They're hiding in the bushes and some of them are behind those big statues over there."

"Who??"

He met your gaze, "Abner's last men. I think they're still pissed you shot him."

"What?! Abner's men from the gala? How did they know we were here?" you started shivering.

He pulled you into a hug, "I don't know, but I do know something's going on here... and I don't like it."

"Well, can't we escape and potal back to Earth?"

"Yes, but they'd keep chasing us. We gotta get rid of them or they'll never stop."

"What are we gonna do, Rick? Are they gonna try to also kill your family?"

"Abner's men won't touch us for now, too many witnesses around. As for my family, I'm not sure. But we'll handle them before we find out."

You took a deep breath and nodded, "Okay."

Rick cupped your face and closed the gap between your lips, "It will be alright, Babe. Don't worry." He then took out his phone to call his grandson, telling him to take everyone back to the apartment and lock the door.

There were still people around, so you comforted yourself by thinking you were safe for now. Rick took your hand and you started walking along a pathway through the parks. He was looking around, trying to figure out when they were going to attack. You came to a clearing with no people around, just you and Rick.

A rustling of leaves was heard from behind you and before you could react, a hand wrapped itself around your neck. You screamed in surprise and fear. Rick turned around and saw five other aliens come out from their hiding spots.

"Don't move Sanchez, or I'll snap her neck." The alien spoke with a gravelly voice, "I also want you to destroy that precious portal thing of yours. We don't want you escaping like last time." Rick took out his portal gun, pushed a button and it exploded into nothing.

"Where are your beloved guns?" Rick questioned.

The alien holding you hesitated answering, "They didn't... let us into the spa with the guns... But that's not important! We can still kill you! You've killed our guys with your grenades and your wife killed our boss, so it's only fair we return the favor."

"I already said that I didn't sell Abner any grenades. The ones that were remote controlled, those weren't mine." Rick looked at you, "Could you let go of her?"

"Hmm, no. She smells nice." The alien laughed and buried his face in your hair for a second. You cringed in discomfort.

Rick was furious, "Listen here, you fucking cock sucker. I'll be real nice: if you get your disgusting, hideous hands off of her, I won't blow your brains out and throw your remains into a black hole."

"What a kind offer." The alien laughed sarcastically and tightened his grip on you, making you gasp for air.

"Alright, alright." Rick panicked, "What do you want?"

"Answers... and death."

"I told you, I don't know who- or which Rick did that!"

You gathered enough strength somehow and managed to kick the alien in the leg with your heel. He swore in pain and his grip on you loosened. Rick took that chance and threw a rock, hitting him straight in the head. The alien fell backwards and you were free.

"Y/N, RUN!" Rick yelled in your direction. You did as he said and started booking it back down the pathway. Yelling could be heard from behind and it was terrifying. After a few minutes of running, you had to take a short break, you weren't as young as you used to be.

"HELLO FRIEND OF BARRY!" A familiar tree turned to you.

"Hey, Barry..." you spoke with a heavy breath as tears formed in your eyes, "I'm sorry, I can't talk right now. Just a bit busy."

"WHAT IS BOTHERING FRIEND?!"

"Oh, you know. Just your average 'being on a space mafia's hit list' is all." you talked, but you needed to start running because many footsteps were heard getting closer. "Shit, I gotta go."

"BARRY WILL HELP Y/N WITH HIDING! BARRY HELPS!" The tree lowered one of his big branches. You stepped onto it and it went back up, covering you with many leaves.

The mafia group got close to the tree and started looking around, "How did you lose her? You fucking idiots." One of them spoke, "Hey, look, this tree has a face... Excuse me, Mister Tree. Have you seen someone run past you just a moment ago?"

"OH YES!! BARRY SAW A PRETTY LADY!" Barry spoke in excitement. 

"Okay, great. Could you tell us where she went?"

"SHE WENT FAST!! SHE WAS USING HER LOWER LIMBS TO MOVE WITH SPEED!!"

"Yes, she- she was running. But, could you just tell us in which direction she was running?" the mafia were starting to get annoyed.

"BARRY KNOWS THAT THE LADY THAT WAS RUNNING WITH HER LOWER LIMBS WENT DOWN A PATH MADE OF STONE!!"

"There are many stone paths here! Which one?!"

"ONE OF THEM, FOR SURE!!"

The aliens gave up, "This tree is an even bigger retard then all of you. Let's just go to the spa building, she's probably in there somewhere. Sanchez's family is also here, maybe they would enjoy a nice massage... with my fist... in the face!!" They laughed and walked away in the direction of the spa.

After a minute the branch lowered you to the ground, "Thank you Barry, I owe you." you said.

"FRIEND DOES NOT OWE BARRY ANYTHING!! BARRY IS HAPPY TO BE A FRIEND AND HELP A FRIEND!"

You quickly ran back to the clearing where you last saw Rick. He was lying on the floor, motionless. He wasn't breathing. "Rick?!" You dropped to your knees next to him and cupped his face, "Wake up, Honey!" you whispered. You placed your hand on his neck, but couldn't feel a pulse. "Rick..." This can't be it. He can't die. He can't leave you like this. On another planet, with aliens that are trying to kill you and his family. He just... can't...