Vacation and Relaxation (Chapter 6, Part 7)

"Also, where's your backup, tough guy?" Rick hissed at the phone.

A horrendous laugh was heard on the other line, "I won't send anyone. I don't think that's necessary."

"Rick, who are you talking to?" you came into the room and also noticed the mafia guy's lifeless, melted body on the floor. Rick motioned with his hand for you to stay silent. He took out a little device from his coat and plugged it into the phone.

"Oh, trying to find my location? I think we've talked enough, for now." the voice on the phone spoke again, "See you soon, Rick."

Rick yelled in pain as the phone turned red with heat and dropped it to the floor. It started shaking and then exploded in self destruct, causing a small fire. You grabbed a fire extinguisher and took care of the flame.

"Who was that?" you asked him.

"I don't know," He said trying to hold in his anger, "but I will kill him."

Morty and Summer came running to you. Both screaming and panicking, "T-t-there's two more mafia guys in the lobby!"

The four of you ran back to the lobby and saw Beth and Jerry struggling to fight them off. Rick yelled in their direction, "Hey, assholes! We're right here! Come and get us!" he grabbed your hand as soon as they started running towards you and took you to a new room, in which you had never been before.

The aliens were getting closer and you saw Rick had no weapon in hand. "Take this!" you offered him your spray-bottle.

"I don't need it." Rick waited for the aliens to come closer. They were running full speed in your direction, but Rick wasn't moving an inch. You trusted him, so you stayed put. When they were a few feet away from you Rick avoided their punches and pushed them into a small room through an automatic door which closed behind them. He then pushed a button on a keypad next to the door. Strange loud noises were heard coming from said room. The door opened back up and the aliens calmly walked out, you panicked and got your spray-bottle ready. Rick grabbed your hand and lowered your weapon, "It's okay, Babe. Trust me."

"Eh, sorry we, like, tried to murder you guys." One of the mafia members spoke.

"Yeah, we're gonna leave our violent lives in the past. We are better people now." The other added.

You were confused as all hell, "Rick... what just happened?"

"That, my love, is the detox machine." He explained, "It removes all the toxic parts of its users. Or rather, what the users think are the toxic parts of themselves."

"Huh... interesting." You wondered.

"I really want to smell some scented candles right now..." one of them thought.

"Alright, enough chit-chat. Where is the last guy?" Rick hissed at the detoxed mafia guys.

"I don't know, friend." The other one said, "You too should try the machine. I feel you have a lot of negative energy inside of you."

"Ugh, no." Rick took your hand and started walking back to the lobby, "Never again."

You met with the family and were immediately approached by angry spa employees. Turns out they do not appreciate you leaving gaping holes in the ground, knocking down a door, stealing their liquids and spray bottles, using their machines without assistance and leaving corpses of space mafia members all over the place. Naturally, all of you were kicked out of the building.

"Whatever, we don't need those losers anyway. The last guy probably got scared and ran away, typical." Rick started walking  in the direction of the Space Port , but was stopped when a loud scream was heard from the parks. The scream sounded a little too familiar to you.

"BARRY NO!" You yelled in panic and ran to the parks as fast as you could. Rick tried to stop you, but wasn't quick enough to catch you.

As you ran to where Barry was, you were met with a raging fire swallowing your tree friend and the surrounding nature. Tears started forming on your eyes as Barry met your gaze for the last time.

The friendly tree smiled at you, "I will always remember you, Y/N... friend of Barry. That's me... I'm... Barry..." he closed his eyes and let the flame do what it does best, eat everything and leave behind nothing but ashes.

"No..." you felt your legs giving out, but warm hands caught you before you could collide with the ground.

"I'm sorry." Rick whispered as he hugged you.

A roaring laugh was heard from behind, accompanied by heavy footsteps, "Oh, fuck, that's priceless. I knew that fucking piece of shit was your friend. I knew he helped you." The last mafia guy approached you. 

"Oh, you fucking asshole." Rick hissed. He took the spray-bottle that was somehow still in your hands and pointed it at the alien. "You wanna know what this thing does?"

"Show me." The alien snarled.

"First I wanna know who your friend was calling." Rick bossed.

"A helper."

"Care to elaborate?" Rick came closer to him.

"He just dropped us a call and told us your location."

"How did he know where we were?!"

"Didn't tell us. A private fella, keeps to himself most of the information."

"Do you know anything about him? His name? Planet? Anything?" Rick was growing impatient.

The alien shook his head, "Not a thing."

"Great." Rick unscrewed the cap of the bottle and dumped all the contents on him. He swore in pain and fell to the ground.

"Rick..." you whispered, he stepped closer to you and cupped your face, "I'm scared. Why are all these aliens trying to kill us? Will we ever escape them?"

"I'm sorry, Babe. I know it's scary." He spoke softly as he pulled you into an embrace, "But... I'll protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise."

Note: Guys, guys, listen. Go watch Final Space! Season 2 is starting to air. Don't get me wrong, Rick and Morty is my number 1 by far, but this show is also really good!! Aaand maybe if I start book 2 (continue this story) I'd put characters from other shows. So It would be Rick and Morty x Gravity Falls x Final Space... That would be so cool. (I don't know if I'll do it, it's just an idea)

Thank you for 2000 reads!! ❤❤❤