Chapter 6

I gripped my hair and held myself back from screaming my feelings out as the number 101.6 rang in my head. I didn't dare to think what my classmates thought of my strength after that result. I looked down as I felt something cold and hard pressed into the palm of my hand to see a silver pistol in my hand, it's metal cover shining in the sun. I glanced up at the person who gave me the weapon. Aizawa Sensei just nodded. I didn't know what to do with the weapon- did it have real bullets? I opened the bullet dispenser- BB bullets. I then knew my teacher was giving me a second chance as he handed me the ball in my other hand. All my frustration and embarrassment faded away as I looked straight ahead of the sandy field, new determination coursed through my body as I thought one thing and one thing only: I can do it. I licked my lips and tossed the ball once more in the air.

Time seemed to slow down at this point. I focused on my target, lifted my gun at the right time and fired. I pictured the bullet piercing into the ball and sending it zooming far into the field. I peeled open my eyes to see the number 800.2 in front of my face. A smile and laugh slipped out as I balled my fist in glee. I was about to hand Aizawa Sensei the gun back before he stopped my hand in mid-air and signalled for me to keep it. I sent him a thankful glance as I stood in the crowd of my classmates- some nodding at me while others gave me curious or confused glances- I directed my attention towards Deku who was also ready to perform the test. I zoned out as I recalled on my performance, then suddenly realized that I have beaten Bakugo?, glad that I could shove my victory in his face. The sound of a shaken voice brought my attention back to my friend. I gaped at his wounded hand, mentally slapping myself for not paying attention and ran forward.

"Deku! You alright?" I asked, worry framing my voice. He nodded and Aizawa Sensei, who now had his scarf wiggling around him like Medusa's snakes, told me to take him to recovery girl. I sat in the waiting room, my foot tapping the ground anxiously while waiting for my friend who was healing up in the room across from me. I bit my lip, wondering how serious his injury really was. I jerked my head up when I saw him coming out with a bandaged finger, a small smile on his face. We both headed back together where our teacher was assessing the others in another test. One by one, I completed each test alongside my friends, and almost everyone was getting high marks except for a few, including Deku and I. I had to rely on physical strength, while Deku, which I assume, also had to rely on to avoid seriously injuring himself.

By the end of the assessment, I was on my knees in exhaustion, my clothes were sticking to my skin like glue, and I felt like I was dragged through a river. We all crowded around the scoreboard which held our rankings. My clouded eyes dragged on the names, searching for my own. I was completely in shock when I saw my name on the 4th place of the board, then wondered how I got further up on the board than I expected. I felt a pang of pity for Deku, who placed last on the test and was crying like a baby on the ground near me. Giving him a few sympathetic pats on the head, I excused myself and headed back towards the girls' locker room where I restored my energy and freshened myself up.

I took a step through the door when I was grabbed roughly by the collar and slammed against the wall. I was winded when my attacker then shoved me to the ground. I coughed and drew many breaths, trying to get back on my feet. Just when I felt the person near me again, I shot my leg out and swung it with what strength I could muster, causing them to land on their back with a grunt. I then sprung up and threw myself on top of them, holding them roughly by the collar.

"B-Bakugo?!" I stared at him in disbelief, unconsciously loosening my grip. He took advantage of that and flipped me over, holding my wrists on either side of my head.

"You beat me in 3 tests! How?! How could a Quirkless little loser like you do that?!"

I clenched my teeth. "I have a Quirk you idiot, and I'm sure that I beat you in 3 tests because I work much, much harder than you." He scowled and gripped my wrists tighter. I held in a grunt, sure that my wrists would bruise.

"What do you want me to do? Fail? Now, can you please get off me for All Might's sake!" I sat up once he got off and rubbed my wrists.

"There were three other people you could've beaten up, so why did you choose me?" I said, giving him a curious glance.

"Because of... Because I... I-It's none of your business, loser!" I rolled my eyes.

"Ok look, we got off the wrong foot here so how about we shake it off, and start anew?" I said, holding out my hand with a smile. He looked at my hand like it had 6 fingers for about a whole minute before he shook it slowly, avoiding eye contact.

I ignored his possibly rude remarks he kept on making under his breath and jogged on back. I made my sleeves a bit longer in order to hide the red marks.

"Hey (Y/N), where've you been?" I looked at Deku before smiling, "Ah, just went to get a cup of water. Anyways, looks like you and I passed our very first test!"

(A/N)

Sorry for the long paragraphs, this chapter was kind of a filler. Anyways, I hope you're enjoying the story so far!