Chapter 32

I was practically swimming in my sweat. My (E/C) eyes grew duller with every step as I dragged 200 pounds behind me. The ropes that were tied to my wrists and legs were attached to 4 large sandbags. Aizawa jogged in front of me, yelling at me every time I would falter behind, and every thirty minutes he would add another 50 pounds.

I felt bile rising in my throat, and I choked it down with a battle cry. I followed my teacher around, silently questioning why I couldn't go on my own trail instead of weaving between my training classmates. I winced as Bakugo let off an explosion, my ears rang at the loud sound. I wanted to cry as Aizawa got another sandbag and tied it to my body.

He wasn't lying when he said we'd wish we were dead, because I wanted to die right there and then until a sound rang out across the clearing. The Wild Wild Pussycats stood at the tree line, signalling the end of the training session. A collective groan of relief came from the class, and I laughed in joy as I ripped off the ropes. My muscles felt like they were replaced by balloons from being held and used for so long, and I floated over to the heroes, ready to relax.

I felt all my energy drain in an instant as they told us to make our own food; curry. I just wanted to eat and sleep. I got to the kitchen when my eyes widened and scanned the ingredients and kitchen utensils.

At home I was usually training or out somewhere, meaning I didn't have time for leisurely things like cooking. Embarrassment washed over me, and I awkwardly picked up a knife and placed a pepper on the cutting board. I shifted the knife over the vegetable, unsure of where to start and how to start.

I sighed and put the knife down in defeat before a warm hand slid on mine, positioning the knife at the head of the pepper. Bakugo leaned over my shoulder, smirking at me then cutting the vegetable with ease. "That's how you use a knife, idiot... try it on your own."

He pulled away and shoved his hands in his pockets, watching me grow confident in my cutting skills. Although they weren't perfect cuts, they were good enough for me.

"This is... this is easy! Thank you, Bakugo!" He softly smiled before realizing what he did, then turned his head away in embarrassment, immediately becoming angry for no apparent reason.

Everyone put the ingredients together and made curry. It didn't taste like anything great, but because of the exhausting training, it tasted like something off of God's plate.

The next two days were the same for everyone, along with the change of class 1B joining us in training. My personal routine was different each day. Yesterday I strengthened my muscles while the next day I sharpened my senses, Aizawa moving from branch to branch while I sat in the middle and perked my eyes and ears, trying to guess where he would attack from.

That night, the pussycats had a test for us, something that had to do with one class scaring the other the most. It sounded odd, but fun. We drew papers out from a basket that decided our pairs; I ended up with Todoroki and Bakugo since there were odd numbers.

The misty dark forest had its eerie vibe, and I held both of their hands in fear. Bakugo leaned closer, glaring at Todoroki. "I can protect you (Y/N)." I smiled before Todoroki shuffled closer to me and did the same thing.

'Cool, two bodyguards!'

It was silent for a few moments before someone from class 1B appeared out of the ground, scaring the soul out of me while they just went 'oh'.

"How-how did you guys not get scared...?" I muttered, trembling as we continued on.

Todoroki stopped in his tracks. "Do you guys smell that?" I paused and inhaled the air. It smelled like something was burning. I felt lightheaded before Todoroki put his hand around my nose and mouth.

"Don't breathe it in!" The thought of this all being the cause of villains crossed my mind. I forced myself to calm down before nodding, lifting the collar of my shirt and covering my nose and mouth with it, Bakugo doing the same.

"Everyone! There's a villain attack. If you encounter a villain, run and DO NOT FIGHT!" I looked around, wondering where the voice was coming from when I remembered that one of the Pussycats had telepathy. Bakugo and Todoroki must've heard it too because they looked slightly confused.

"Let's get to the halfway checkpoint where that hero is," Todoroki advised, putting an arm protectively around me. I nodded while Bakugo growled something about telling him what to do.

A figure stood in the path, hunched over something. I stopped and squinted, trying to see what it was before I gagged. A hand lay in front of the person, which sounded like he was praising it or something. I remembered that Tokoyami and Shoji were ahead of us, and my stomach began flipping when I knew the hand could've been one of theirs. This guy was definitely a villain.

Todoroki wrapped both arms around me and pulling me closer protectively while Bakugo stepped forward, his palms open and ready to use his Quirk, smirking. "Don't fight, eh?"