Chapter 18

"Deku! Snap out of it!" I furrowed my brows and sat on the edge of the seat. Judging by Present Mic's comments and the words around me, it was clear that this was Shinso's Quirk. 

Shinso muttered something, and Deku began walking away from him towards the boundaries without hesitation. 

The crowds roars grew louder as Deku got closer to the boundaries. As if something snapped, he somehow managed to break the brainwashing using his Quirk and step away from the line. I sighed in relief, my body relaxing. 

The green-haired male ran and  grasped onto his opponent and started pushing him away. Shinso began struggling to escape his grasp, and punched Deku across the face, making me wince. The battle ended when Deku performed a shoulder toss that sent Shinso over the boundary. Everyone was speechless for a split second before the stadium roared with cheers.

"Hey, he used that shoulder toss on you before!" Kaminari stated, earning an intense insult from Bakugo. I patted Kaminari on the shoulder for comfort.

The next battle started, Sero VS Todoroki. The battle was fun to watch as Sero used a tactic to get Todoroki out of boundaries, though ended up unsuccessful. The shocking part was when Todoroki unleashed a powerful attack of ice, encasing Sero and almost coming into contact with the area that my class sat in. I was shaken to the core. Todoroki reminded me just how powerful someone can be, and what and who I have t compete with to become a hero. 

"After we get this ice melted, it's (L/N)(Y/N) Versus Ibara Shiozaki!" My heart dropped to my stomach and my eyes widened. A hand landed roughly on my shoulder. Looking behind, I saw Bakugo with a serious expression. 

"If you beat her, you're gonna verse me... So you better win or else I'm gonna shatter your damn skull!" I deadpanned and stood up, giving my class a thumbs up before walking out of the spectating area.

My fingernails dug into my palms as I was heading out. I accidentally bumped shoulders with someone and I looked back to apologize, only to meet a pair of heterochromia eyes.

"(Y/N)," Todoroki smiled, "Good luck." I returned a smile, my anxiety calming down a bit thanks to Todoroki.

A sudden tightness in my chest made me wince as I realized I was on the field. 

"The assassin from Class B! Pretty things have thorns, you know! From the hero course, it's Ibara Shiozaki!"

"Also from the hero course, it's (L/N) (Y/N)!" I realized Aizawa sensei must've told Present Mic to keep my introduction short, drawing less attention away. 

My opponent raised her hand. "Sorry for the interruption, but I have come here not for wicked reasons, but for the salvation of others." I quirked an eyebrow.

"Right... Anyways, Start!"

I jumped back, trying to lure out her attacks. I was successful. Her hair grew at an alarming rate and flew towards me in thick swampy vines. Since Quirks are physical traits, I developed a plan that would get my opponent to use up her energy, then I would strike. As I observed her attacks, I realized sharp green thorns that blended in with the vines. That  was an issue. 

"You're doing an excellent job at dodging my attacks," She said, "but how long can you keep it up?" Her voice gave me the impression of a smirk. 

"How long can you keep attacking? Quirks are physical traits, after all. You must get tired eventually." I responded. 

I heard a 'tch' before a wave of green zoomed towards me. I stiffened and pulled back a fist. Once the wave was close enough, I thrust my fist forward, a sort of snap sounded.

When I broke through the wall, I noticed that she somehow disconnected the wave from her hair. I didn't consider that possibility, though I did know that she was a bit drained from that attack, chest heaving and sweat beads rolling down her face. 

I sprinted towards her, keeping low to the ground. I caught the sight of vines underneath her feet. My eyes trailed the vines closer to me. Keeping my eyes on my opponent, I pulled on the strings. Basically, I pulled the rug from under her feet. 

She hit her head and back, dazing her for a few seconds, enough time for me to get close enough to grasp her hair and haul her towards the boundary. I started to lose feeling in my arms before I realized her hair was wrapped around my arms, binding them together. Blood was running down my arms from the thorns in my skin. My grip loosened. I thought this through. I let go completely of her hair. 

I felt the blood rush back to my arms, and the feeling of pain seeped in. Before she got completely to her feet, I pushed my foot on her hair. A yelp of pain sounded from her trying to get up. Before she could grow her hair out anymore, I scooped it up in my fists and swung her  over my shoulder and past the boundary, like a shoulder throw. 

"(Y/N) wins!" A shock-like feeling spread through my body. I won. 

"Here..." I extended a bloody arm to my opponent, who was still on the ground. I helped her up. 

"Sorry about that, I hope I didn't hurt you too much, heh." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. 

Shiozaki shook her head. "No, it's alright. Thank you, (Y/N), for giving me this opportunity." I smiled and walked away, heading to the nurses office to treat my injuries. 

Recovery girl speedily healed my injuries. I thanked the Recovery girl for healing my arms and headed back to the spectating area. 

"(Y/N) you were so amazing!" Deku said, eyes shining with admiration.

"Awe, thanks Deku!" I hugged his form and felt him gulp nervously. I chuckled and pulled away. "Oh, did I miss Iida's fight?"

"Yeah, you did. Four-eyes won, of course." Bakugo said, propping his feet on my chair. I rolled my eyes and sat down. 

Mina and Aoyamas battle was quickly finished when Mina landed a punch to Aoyamas jaw, knocking him out. 

"If only the Quirks were switched... Argh! (Y/N), you should've taken your clothes off or something!" Mineta said. I turned my head slowly towards him, my fist clenched ready to pound him to a pulp. Bakugo beat me to it. 

"WANNA REPEAT WHAT YOU JUST SAID, SCUM!?" He yelled, grabbing the midget by the collar and raising his outstretched palm. Mineta squirmed in his grasp, clearly frightened. 

"Bakugo," the blonde looked at me. "It's okay." Huffing, he shoved him to the ground, glaring daggers.

It was one battle after another. Momo versus Tokoyami, Kirishima versus Tetsutetsu, and finally, Bakugo versus Uraraka. Bakugo got up from his seat. 

"Bakugo, wait." The blonde stopped and turned around. "...Win for me, okay?" I uttered, stretching my arm out in a fist. He smirked and bumped my fist. 

"I'll see you in the next round, idiot."