Chapter 50

It's been more than 1 week since Deku has been helping me with my training. I hate to admit it, but the training was only adding to my recent stress. It wasn't just the training but the restrictions implemented on the dorms too which had increased. We were restricted from leaving the property at night and a new curfew. We had to be inside our rooms by 10:00 and couldn't leave until 5:00 in the morning. It felt suffocating and every time someone would complain the teachers and staff would give the same excuse and answer: 'it's all to keep you guys safe from Keres.'

And so here I was in a miserable and sweaty state, sparring Deku using the modified regiment. I also started feeling really bad as he had to put up with all of my screw-ups on this one move. He continued to reassure me that it was okay, but I kept on make the same mistake and bother him.

I bet he felt like he regretted offering to train with me in the first place. Hell, he had to come up with a whole new training regiment because I didn't have a damn Quirk.

After performing my last attempt at the power move, I cried out in distress and collapsed on my knees, pressing my forehead on the floor. "This is so stupid!" A string of curses and mean phrases erupted from my mouth, and Deku crouched beside me then placed a hand on my back.

"It's okay (Y/N). We can try again. It just takes practice-"

"No, it doesn't!" The stress and frustration brought me to my limit, and now I was fuming. I sat up and glared at him, throwing every sympathetic thought and feeling out the window. "Deku, you don't understand! Maybe you did at one point but not anymore! You are all doing your best because you have Quirks, and I-I'm trying to catch up but I can't! I feel so damn worthless, I can't do this anymore!"

Tears welled in his eyes as he watched me pour out my feelings in a single moment. "(Y/N)..."

I hit the floor with my fist. "I can't be a damn hero, I'm not good enough. I don't even know why I'm trying in the first place. Hell, I don't even know why you're helping a Quirkless loser in the first place! Just leave me alone!" I shifted away from him, gripping the hem of my shirt as silent tears slipped down my burning face.

I couldn't hear any movements or words from Deku, but I didn't care at the moment. I just wanted to cry and wallow in my sad feelings. It hurt a lot. 

A hand was roughly placed on my shoulder before I was spun around, causing me to lose my balance and fall flat on my back. Two hands hit the floor dangerously close to my head, and my mind became numb for a second as he hovered over me.

Electrifying green eyes met my (E/C) orbs. "Deku?" I breathed out, wondering where this sudden behaviour came from.

He panted as his angry expression grew, sending goosebumps down my arms. "(Y/N)... (Y/N) you need to listen to me right now!" I gaped at him, wondering what he had to say that caused him to act like this. This Deku was completely different from the one a few minutes ago.

"You are the strongest person I know- I told you this before! You can become the greatest hero there is, and even though you don't have a Quirk you did something that not everyone can do. I was Quirkless and didn't even think about going through what you had to. And you know what?" His eyes momentarily softened as he saw mine lined with tears.

"(Y/N), you are my hero! My hero!"

I lightly gasped and let the tears fall once more. I am his... hero? Is that how he views me? As a hero?

He closed his eyes and slid an arm underneath me and across my back, then pulled my limp form to his chest as he buried his head in my shoulder. "I look up to you (Y/N) so please, please don't put yourself down like that. You're doing the best you can and that's enough. It's enough."

My voice was hardly a whisper when I spoke. "Deku... am I enough? Am I worthy enough to become a hero?"

He brought his hand up and ran it through my hair, nodding. "Of course you are. You are great in your own special way."

We stayed in that position for what seemed like forever, and a very comforting feeling replaced my frustration and anxiety. "Deku, I... thank you." I knew he acknowledged my appreciation even though he didn't say or do anything.

My emotions started to calm down after a while. "Heh. Hey, are you sleeping?" I could feel his chest rising against mine, and eventually, he tore himself away to face me and nod to my question.

His eyes were glazed over with emotion, but that washed away when something inside of him snapped and brought him back to his original timid and shy state. "OH MY GOSH (Y/N) I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO SHOVE YOU LIKE THAT-" He scooted away on his bum and pulled his hoodie over his head, tugging the strings to hide his beet-red face.

"No wait, Deku!" I reached out my hand and sighed as he muttered under his breath and rocked back and forth. I checked the time and noted that we only had 30 minutes left.

I crawled beside him and put my hand on his shoulder, feeling him tense up from my touch. "Can we try that move once more? I'm feeling better now." He nodded vigorously before getting to his feet, walking to the center of the room with stiff legs.

He shook his head to clear his thoughts and got into a ready position. "O-okay, let's do this!" I nodded and took a few steps back, running over what I had to do in my mind before I took off and worked my body.

With every twist and turn, I managed in performing the move without a hitch. I succeeded.

"Hey, you got it!" I smiled and stared at my hands before balling them up and jumping in joy, running around the room with whoops and yells.

"I did it! I really did it!" I circled back and jumped into my green-haired friend's arms. "Deku, I did it!"

"Yes, you did! I love you!" His whole body suddenly froze before he erupted in heat and he quickly pulled away before slapping a hand on his mouth. "No! Y-y-you heard that wrong! I didn't say anything!" He crouched once more and pulled his hood over his head.

I was quite shocked that he managed to pull a confession... if you could call that a confession. But I realized I had to confirm both of our feelings once way or another.

I didn't approach him this time but stayed where I stood. "Deku," I hesitated. I honestly didn't know how to confess either, as Todoroki and Bakugo were the ones who took control of the situation and expressed the feelings of both sides.

"I love you too."

He unfurled himself and looked over his shoulder, one hand pinching the hem of the hood in case he had to pull it over his face again.

"Do-do you mean it? (Y/N), do you... like me?" I smiled thoughtfully and nodded, my hand pressed gently on my chest.

"I do."

He didn't respond and just sat there, watching me with a blank expression. Finally, he broke the setting silence with the unexpected, "I-I need air. Or water. Do you have water? No-no, never mind I'll get going. Oh no, it's hard to breathe and it's really hot in here."

My eyes trailed him as he stumbled out of the room, muttering underneath his breath. He didn't say goodbye, but that was understandable as he was probably flustered.

"Ah, he left his stuff here! I guess I'll drop it off by his room later." I said to myself, piling all of my belongings and his unit my arms and walking out of the training room, just in time before my class entered the room.