Chapter 48

I poked my head out the door, rubbing my tired eyes and wondered why everyone was gathered in the lounging room. Even though their voices were muffled, the sound still woke me up with questions. Did we have a meeting? Why didn't anyone tell me?

Stifling a yawn, I put my slippers on and drifted out of my room and towards my classmates, their backs facing me. It seemed like everyone was there, everyone except me. Aizawa stood in front of them all, quietly discussing to them over, what I assumed, was the paper in his hand and everyone else's. It seemed really important.

"Hey, Aizawa? What's going on?" I blinked slowly, trying to comprehend what was going on with my tired mind. They all looked over their shoulder and at me and parted themselves to allow me to get a view of Aizawa.

My teacher glanced at me, then back on the group and paper. "Go back to sleep, (Y/N)."

Now I was awake. "What do you mean? What's happening? What's that paper for?" I pointed to the paper in his hands and tried peeking at it from behind as I circled around, but instead, he turned and glared at me with red eyes.

"(Y/N), I told you to go back to sleep. Now." I stood my ground and opened my mouth to say something before Deku's voice was heard from behind.

"Ai-Aizawa, I was wondering why (Y/N) wasn't here for a while now and I was about to ask you. So-so why isn't she allowed to be here to discuss the new training regiment?" Deku squeezed himself to the front of the crowd, his eyes on our teacher.

He shoved his hands in his pockets and stared down at Deku. "That doesn't concern you, Midoriya. Now, let's get back-"

"Hold on, what training regiment? If it's something that has to do with training, shouldn't I know about it? And why is this being discussed in the middle of the night?" His eyes got cold and he pulled me to the side, away from the prying ears and eyes of my classmates. I heard Bakugo's voice before he quieted down.

"Listen up. There's a reason why I cannot let you participate in this new system we're having, so can you please be cooperative?" He sighed when his eyes met my angry one and continued. "I promise I'll explain everything when the time comes, okay?" He smiled to reassure me, but it dropped when I spoke.

"Is it because I'm Quirkless?"

He sighed and lowered his head. "No, no. You're getting the wrong idea. I told you I'll explain it when the time comes. Please just listen and understand." Aizawas pleading eyes and words had me sighing and nodding firmly.

"I'm expecting an explanation soon. I'm mad- actually, I'm pissed. I don't like being left in the dark, and all of this really seems unfair to me. It's also kind of suspicious since you're meeting with everyone in the middle of the night." I crossed my arms and sighed, tapping my foot on the floor as I thought about what to do.

"Well, I guess I'll go back to sleep. Again, I'll want an explanation for all of this." I spared one last glance at Aizawa before peeking behind the wall and sparing Deku a smile, then headed to my room before he could smile back.

***

My teacher closes the door behind him, catching sight of me in a chair. "Oh, you're here. I suppose you're eager to hear what I have to say?" I nodded and leaned forward as he crossed his arms and leaned against the couch across from me.

I burst into my questioning frenzy before he could even relax. "Why wasn't I aware of the meeting? What is the training regiment about? Why the hell was it in the middle of the night?-"

"Oh god, just shut up." I pressed my lips together and slouched forward.

Aizawa closed his eyes, pausing for a moment. "You're just not ready. That's all there is to it." I waited for him to say more, but his mouth didn't move.

"What do you mean, 'ready'? Ready for what? I'm confused."

"I mean, you're not ready for that kind of training regiment. It's only for those who have a licence. You failed the test and don't have one. It's as simple as that." Guilt and sadness began to eat away at my stomach, but I paused the feelings away and nodded firmly.

"I... I understand. Thank you for your time. I guess I should train too, and try to get my licence so that I can catch up with everybody."

'I am Quirkless. No matter what I try or do, I won't be on the same level as everyone else-'

I brushed away the mindless thoughts and got up from my seat, nodding to Aizawa in thanks before walking out of the office and down the halls of this prestigious school. Distant and various sounds emitted from the training area that was just down the hall, where class 1-a was practicing at. I sighed and slouched forward, heading to my dorm to create some- probably shitty and ineffective- training regiment for myself.

I shut the door and pressed my back against it, the darkness in the room was slightly comforting. The thought of visiting and observing my classmates was an option, as I would probably learn something from them that would help me-

'No. I'm Quirkless. If there was one thing I would learn from them, it's that I'm worthless and useless. I'm a fucking Quirkless loser.'

My sickening ideas infiltrated my mind, and I clutched my head in disbelief and shock, immediately crouching down to get on my knees. "What the hell's wrong with me...?"