Chapter 17

Half of the fifteen minutes were left as the battle progressed, excitement coursed through the atmosphere. We were faced with Deku's team, and all eyes were on the one million points.

"Iida, go," Todoroki ordered, which the blue-haired male blasted off at a high speed, the rest of us were dragged along with the roller skates Momo made, which was a fantastic idea generated by Todoroki.

I glanced at our surroundings, noting three other teams that were also after Deku. "Todoroki, there are other-"

"I know. Momo, rod." He said, which Momo created a metal rod, long enough for Todoroki to touch the ground with, which he did and led his ice to crawl down the rod and spread on the floor, easily freezing the other teams.

'Yes!'

"(Y/N)" I looked at Todoroki. He jerked his head to those who were frozen in place. I got the idea and quickly snatched the headbands off, handing them to Todoroki, who gave me a thumbs up.

My team was close to Deku's, slowly closing the gap with each second. Unfortunately, we had Tokoyami's Dark Shadow to deal with, which blocked us from our goal and attacked us ruthlessly, though Momo defended the team with her Quirk. We managed to corner Deku's team, which left him nowhere else to go due to ice blocking each side of them.

"Everyone, there's less than a minute. You won't be able to use me after this. Make it count..." Iida said. I quirked an eyebrow.

"Hang on tight..." His engines began to blast at an unusual power. "Make sure you get it, Todoroki!" The team understood, and with that, he blasted off. Wind lashed in my face and we suddenly stopped after 3 intense seconds. I looked up to see Todoroki with the one million in hand.

The team stared at Iida with bewilderment.

He smiled. "It's a secret move that I haven't told anyone in the class yet." I blinked in amazement.

A sound of multiple footsteps was heard on my right. I spotted Deku and his team, charging at us with all their might, eyes gleaming with determination.

"Todoroki!" I warned.

He looked at the green-haired opponent and raised his left arm, fire waving along it. Deku's team got close, close enough for Deku to somehow slice his arm through the air and put out the flames. Without hesitation, he snatched a headband and ran off. Fortunately, it wasn't 1 million points.

"Again!" Deku shouted, his team charging at us with battle screams.

"WHERE'S THE 1 MILLION POINTS?!" Bakugo yelled, coming out of nowhere and flying from the sky.

I stood on guard, about to defend. Flaming red and green eyes were on Todoroki, who also stood on guard as they got dangerously closer.

Each second felt like a whole minute before the speakers boomed, "TIME'S UP!" Deku's team stopped. Bakugo fell face-first onto the ground. I sighed in relief.

I let Todoroki down and massaged my burning arms, feeling a wave of disappointment. I could've done more, I could've been more helpful. I sighed, knowing that there was nothing I could do about it now.

"In the first place, Team Todoroki!" They announced. I congratulated my team and exchanged smiles.

"In the second place, Team Bakugo!"

"In third place, Team Shinso!" I looked at the third-place winners and noticed that it was the male with the purple hair from before that declared war on our class.

"In fourth place, Team Midoriya!"

"These four teams advance to the final round!" I widened my eyes at the announcement. The realization of moving on to the final round hit me, though I felt a hint of satisfaction of making it to the final round.