Chapter 28

The class began training with pro heroes in battle. The mere thought of this was exciting, though my own enthusiasm died down when I was paired up with Snipe. I didn't want to seem rude and glare daggers at him, so I gave a simple nod in greeting. We had two choices in these battles: run away, or fight. My time with Snipe was going to prove useful, as I have seen and analyzed the way he moves, and so the first option was definitely out of the question.

The hero's added 50% of their body weight using weights to make it easier for us, which I, in particular, was grateful for. They dismissed us, leaving us to either plan or spectate the upcoming battles. I decided to watch the battles since I was one without a partner.

I frowned when Bakugo walked away from Deku and I strolled up to the green-eyed boy.

"Hey, shouldn't you be planning with Bakugo?" I asked. He shrugged.

"You know how Kacchan is (Y/N). He's a difficult person." I sighed and slung an arm around him.

"Well, if that's the case, let's go to the monitoring room! It'd be nice to see the battles between teacher and student, and maybe we can both think of something for our own battles!" Deku's eyes shined and nodded vigorously as if I took the words right out of his mouth.

We stepped in to see a screen flicker to life, and the battlefield was shown. The room was dark, and the only source of light was from the screen which emitted a blue glow.

Deku and I stood side by side, watching each battle with wide eyes and gaping mouths. We were like two kids gazing into a candy store, bouncing from one foot to the other.

As I watched Todoroki's battle with Momo, I felt bad for him since he got caught in an instant by Aizawa restraints, but with the help of Momo by his side...

By his side... Why do I feel jealous of Momo? What is this feeling?

I swept my thoughts away as Deku and I cheered together as they won with a clever plan. There was one teacher that I didn't notice join in on the fun and battle with two to their students.

The principle. It was the first time seeing him, and I couldn't figure out if he was a mouse, hamster, or some other animal. Either way, he had the total advantage and brought victory to himself; he was a genius.

A few battles later, Deku tapped me on the shoulder and signalled a goodbye to me, his time to fight was near. I nodded and watched him leave.

Moments later Deku and Bakugo appeared on the screen. It seemed awkward, Deku faltering behind his partner as if somewhat hesitant to communicate.

Shaking his head, he ran up to Bakugo clearly muttering something that he completely ignored. Deku continued his pitiful efforts until Bakugo lashed out and backhanded Deku right on the nose. I winced and glared at the blond through the screen, planning my scolding I'd give him after their battle.

I chewed on my nails and watched the battle through narrowed eyes. Bakugo didn't want to run away like Deku and fight All Might head-on. Their different intentions brought them to a major disadvantage, but what I really addressed was the fact that Bakugo seemed to have something against Deku. I wanted to change that so that they could stop their fightings and actually stand side by side. Bakugo was clearly the issue.

In the end, they managed to escape with an unconscious Bakugo slung over Deku's shoulder. I exhaled a breath that I've held for too long, keeping my lecture for Bakugo in the back of my mind as I travelled to the battlefield for my own fight.

Buildings loomed over in every direction, and in my eyes, I saw it as the perfect battleground. I first pulled out my grappling hook from my belt as I walked forward, wary of my surroundings. I figured it'd be best to get higher for a better look, and I hoisted myself up with my weapon on to the roof of a building.

I peered over the edge, trying to get a glimpse of the whereabouts of my opponent before I heard the sound of a gun's sharp click behind my head. I cursed under my breath and slowly turned around, gazing down the black barrel of the gun pointed at me.

In a flash, I grasped Snipe's wrist and directed it away from me, but I wasn't swift enough as he pulled the trigger, resulting in a bullet piercing my shoulder. It was a BB bullet, but due to the close range I felt my skin break and blood leak as half of the bullet was lodged into my skin.

Because of my injury, my grip loosened and he was able to elbow me in the middle of my back and pin me down.

I managed to shake him off by rolling on my side and kicked the gun out of his hand. Looking at his empty hand and back, he raised his fists. Hand to hand combat.

I ducked and dodged his swinging fists, and grasped his leg as it swung to my side. I yanked his limb, causing him to lose balance and fall flat on his back.

Successfully latching the gold cuffs around his wrists, I passed the practical exam.

"Well done, (Y/N). I feel as though I was too easy on you, but these weights are a bit heavy for my liking." I hummed in response and stood up, ready to get down before he called my name.

I looked over my shoulder. "I believe I owe you an apology. That argument we had during the internship... I apologize for snapping at you. I should've thoroughly explained why we heroes prioritize villains at times-" From there I stopped and pretended to listen, and nodded when he finished his useless lecture.

"Yeah. I got it." And with that, I lowered myself onto the ground and jumped off, my hand pressed against my wounded shoulder. I grunted in pain as I pulled the bullet out, my reflection visible in the metal.

I grinned at the congratulations I received from my classmates and excuses myself before heading to the medical room for treatment.