Chapter 68

My daily routine had altered for my plan. I first dedicated half an hour to visit Bakugo and Todoroki's graves (with Deku tagged along), then work on my plan for whatever spare time I had in the day.

The therapist Aizawa sent hadn't come back and thankfully that was one distraction out of the way, and I haven't seen her or Aizawa since. That was fine with me, I had to work.

Since my two escapes from the dorm the security around my room and the building itself had increased. I had to use a different escape route, something that is easy and unexpected.

The journal was half complete and had words and sketches, some scribbled out, all composed over two secretive weeks. This journal was for my eyes and my eyes only, which meant that every time Deku or anyone came in I hid the journal in my drawer before allowing anyone inside.

As I wrote and planned out my revenge for Keres, I hardly noticed the changes in Deku. I was too preoccupied with my plan to notice that he's gone more quiet than usual, giving simple answers like 'yes', and 'no'. He also visited me only in the afternoon and sometimes but not always at night. His visits shortened and his whole demeanour changed.

I sat in my desk with my blanket around my shoulders planning which tactics to use with the weapons I was taking. I was too absorbed and preoccupied with it all that I didn't notice Deku knocking.

He let himself in after taking a hesitant peep with a muffin in hand. "(Y/N)? What are you doing?" My body stiffened and I hunched over the journal, trying to hide it from his view.

"Nothing. Just... drawing." I slapped it shut and shoved it in the drawer, smiling when I faced him.

"Can I see?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"It's not... done yet." I looked at him then at the muffin.

"Oh okay... this is for you. It's chocolate." I took it and wolfed it down, not realizing how hungry I was.

Deku took notice of this. "(Y/N) you look really hungry. Have you been eating properly?" I nodded, dragging the back of my hand over my mouth.

"Something's up. Can you please show me whatever is in that journal?" His green eyes were stuck on the dresser in which the white tip of the journal was sticking out. I tried waving off his suspicion with a fake grin.

"It's nothing I swear! I promise to show you when it's done." That still didn't convince him. "Deku do you not trust me?"

He sighed and leaned against the wall, running a hand through his hair. "I noticed something about you recently. Yes, you've been visiting Todoroki and Bakugo's graves but you've been oddly silent. You're doing something and I would like to know what it is."

"I've been a little tired is all." At this point I stood up and stepped to the side, blocking his view completely. "And right now my eyes hurt from staring at the paper too long. I'd like to sleep."

"(Y/N) I need to let you know that I'm worried. I'm not saying any of this out of suspicious but out of care." He took a step forward causing me to press my back against the wood, ignoring the sharp handle that dug into my spine.

"I said it's nothing. I'm tired, that is all." We both narrowed our eyes, staring each other down.

"(Y/N) please I-"

"I've heard enough. Please leave. I'm asking nicely."

He looked hurt for a moment, his eyebrows curving up in worry. "You're not you. You're not the (Y/N) I used to know, you've changed. A lot. Please let me help you."

I threw the blanket off my shoulders and dig my nails into my palms as a frightening realization came to mind. "You know what Deku, I can say the same thing about you. You're also not you."

He stiffened but his baggy clothes just managed to hide that. It was his eyes that gave him away as they scanned the entire room but never looked at me. "What are you talking about? I've always been-"

"Been yourself? No, no you haven't. You've been coming here less and less. You haven't talked to me much and you've been a bit on edge so do not lie to me Midoriya. I know exactly what you've been up to."

He stared at me as if trying to pry the answer out. "You have been planning another attack on Keres haven't you." He looked away again, gritting his teeth.

"So what? I'm doing this to protect society, I'm doing this to protect you!" I took two large steps and I was already in his face, a sadistic smile on mine.

"Midoriya, why are you fighting alongside murderers and fake people? Heroes no longer exist, they're just something that society tells you to believe in, like Santa Clause. You don't see these so-called heroes the way I do, you-"

"(Y/N) think about what you just said." He gripped my wrists tightly, staring right through me. "You need to stop thinking this way, it's not healthy and it's definitely not you. I know you miss Bakugo and Todoroki but it is not the heroes fault and you need to understand that." He took a step back before turning around completely and leaving my room without another word.

"Be that way Izuku. Soon you'll see." I said to myself, taking the journal out of the drawer and flipping the pages to a blank one. My wrist moved as I planned out an idea that came into mind. If Deku really was going to fight Keres, then I'd just have to stop him.

I'll have him in the palm of my hand, I'll make sure he's safe. It's my turn to be his hero.