Chapter 57

I woke up with a throbbing headache along with the constant thought of a nightmare that became a fuzzy memory of nothing but flashes of yellow and red. I tried remembering it as it was on my mind and nagged at me the entire morning, but it soon disappeared as Deku and Todoroki told me to meet them in the gym.

I wondered why Bakugo wasn't there until I recalled that today he left for his battle against Keres, and I had high hopes for him and mentally cheered him on.

I swung open the door and stepped inside, surprised to see a bunch of training equipment set up. "Todoroki? Deku? What's going on?"

"Ah- she's here! Surprise!" Deku smiled widely, a sense of pride in his work. "

"Surprise? What's going on? I'm confused..." Todoroki stopped what he was doing and stepped forward, a small smile set on his lips.

"Midoriya and I thought that we would make today a special day for you." I took another look around the gym, wondering what they were planning, my confused expression growing by the second.

Deku stepped forward with bright and excited eyes. "We prepared a training day for you! We asked Aizawa for some information on the next provisional license exam, and so we set up training that would fit into what they would test you on in the exam! Do-do you like it?"

"...No," I answered, a frown on my lips.

"You-you don't?! We can fix it! I-I'll make it better, I-" I cut Deku off with my laughter, waving my hand around in reassurance.

"It's fine it's fine! I don't like it... I love it! Thank you, both of you, so much! Thank you for thinking of me." I pulled them both into a group hug, on the edge of tears.

Deku whined, burying his head in my shoulder. "(Y/NNN), don't scare me like that!"

I giggled and pulled away, admiring all the hard work they put into setting the training equipment up, then Deku spoke with a teasing tone. "Todoroki looked more worried than me when you said you didn't like it, haha."

Todoroki looked flustered for a moment before turning his head away, pink dusting his cheeks. "No, I wasn't. But I am glad you love it."

"But why did you guys decide to do this for me? What's the occasion?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Ever since we've met, you've helped us improve in more ways than one, and so Midoriya and I thought that we'd like to help you for once. Shall we get started?" I clapped my hands and nodded eagerly, examining the equipment with excitement and wondering where to begin.

Todoroki pointed to a set of ropes that were connected to a wall, then pointed to another section. "Let's begin with the rope climbing, then move on to the movement training. These will help you increase your momentum change and build your muscle memory reflexes."

I skipped happily to the ropes. Looking up, I estimated that it was at least 30 feet high and gulped, already imagining the burning sensation it would cause in my arms and legs. I rolled out my shoulders, ready to climb.

Grasping the thick black rope, I began to steadily make my way up. As soon as I got midway, I heard Deku's encouragement and cheers for above, and I looked up to see his green hair and head peeking from behind the ledge.

"Why don't you dangle a taco or pizza from a string? Maybe that'll get me up there faster." I huffed, smiling at my own joke before I heard shuffling. "Wait-wait Deku! I was joking! I swear!"

His head popped out again, and he stared down at me. "Are-are you sure? If it helps you I'd gladly do just that." I was going to tell him that it was really fine, but my hand missed the rope and I almost slid off the rope.

"I-I'm so sorry (Y/N), I didn't mean to distract you!" I shook my head in reassurance and looked down to see Todoroki with his arms out, standing on the safety mat with a worried look. I figured he was there to catch me if I was to fall, even though there was already a mat there.

I resumed climbing, and after 10 minutes that felt like an hour, I finally made it to the top where a red button beside Deku was waiting. I pressed it and smiled as it rang like a bell, signifying my accomplishment.

I looked down and felt the adrenaline rush through my veins, thinking of doing something very daring. "Todoroki, catch me!"

I let go and fell freely through the air, stretching my arms out as I felt the wind through me. Mid-fall, I landed on an icy slide and skimmed down in a circular motion before I slipped into Todoroki's arms.

"Haha, that was fun! I wanna try that again, but let's get on with my training!" He smiled at my childish attire and melted the icy slide away, following behind me with Deku jumping off the concrete wall, also following me.

Each training section was a blast and I had so much fun doing the practices with Todoroki and Deku. With all of the depressing and serious events that have been going on lately, it was a really light and hearty change of scenery and feeling.

I was exhausted by the time we had used all of the equipment and did the practices, but it was still thrilling and I wanted to continue, but the curfew was approaching and we had to stop early to pack everything up.

After begging Todoroki and Deku to let me practice on the wall climbing one more time like a kid asking for candy, they allowed me. I almost reached the top when the doors swung open and Aizawa, who was in a disastrous and depressing state barged in, a dark atmosphere immediately hovering over us.

"Aizawa? What's wrong?" I pulled myself up and sat at the top, swinging my legs.

"...They're back." His dark tone caught me off guard, and I knew something serious happened. I got a bad gut feeling and squinted done at him.

"Who's back? What happened?" By now Todoroki and Deku stopped packing the equipment and stared at Aizawa, waiting for him to respond.

He gulped, adjusting his scarf and shutting his tired eyes. "The group... that headed out to battle Keres... came back."

Concern growing, I grabbed the rope and slid down, ignoring the burn it gave me against my skin. I sped towards Aizawa, my brows furrowing. "Okay? And? Did they defeat him?"

He shook his head, his eyes zoning out. "Bakugo... Bakugo is..."