Chapter 14 - When Harry Met Harry...

MacKenzie's POV

"We've got the third piece of the necklace." Iris says, her, Barry, and Ralph walking into the cortex where I am. Iris types on the computer. "My dad found out that it was on display at Central City Museum, but when they figured out that it was a target...:"

"It's on the move." Barry finishes.

"Yeah, it's being transferred via armored car to a secure storage facility in Brookfield Heights." Iris says. "I pinged the truck's GPS."

"All right." Barry says. "Mack, Ralph? Let's go."

"I'll get my ugly suit." Ralph says.

We walk out of the cortex.

***

Barry speeds us to the street where Mina Chaytan is stealing the necklace.

"Hello." Barry says. "Are you ready to go to jail?"
"This doesn't belong in an auction house." Mina says. "It doesn't belong in someone's collection. It belongs to the Sioux people, my people."

"Mina I know you've been through a lot, but this is not the way to--" Barry starts.

"I don't need to listen to men like you anymore, Flash." Mina cuts him off. "A few weeks ago, something inside me changed changed for the better for the more powerful. And now there's just the Black Bison."

A caveman comes up behind Barry and throws him.

Mina gets into the car.

"Oh, no, you don't." Ralph says, running after her.

I decided to stay and help Barry.

I quake the caveman, but it's like he's not even real. He's super strong and isn't getting hurt.

The caveman launches Barry backwards into a telephone pole.

I start to run over to him when electrical wires spark around me. The wires spark around me, hitting my arms and trapping me in between them.

Another spark hits my thigh and I crouch down, grabbing my leg. I knew my shorts would eventually be a bad idea. 

I stand up and I try to jump over a wire, but it shoots up a spark, going higher up than my head.

I can't get out.

"Flash!" I exclaim.

"The power lines! Get those people clear. Get her clear!" Barry tells Ralph.

"But I can catch the meta!" Ralph says.

"Stretch! Get Tremors!" Barry yells to Ralph.

"Laura!" I hear a woman scream.

I look over and see a mother with her unconscious daughter stuck under the pole.

Barry looks to me and then the girl.

"I'll be fine! Help her!" I tell Barry.

Barry runs to help free the daughter.

Barry frees the girl.

He then gives Ralph a disappointing look.

Then he speeds to me. In a swift second, he grabs me and runs me out of the wire trap.

***

3rd Person POV

"Okay, you just rest up, okay?" The doctor tell the woman and daughter in the hospital room. "I'm gonna come back and check on you in a little while." The doctor walks out to Barry and Ralph. "Well, mild concussion, a hairline fracture in her leg. She's young. She'll heal fast."