Chapter 18 - Crisis on Earth-X - Part 1

MacKenzie's POV

I smile widely.

Everyone gets ready.

Barry is on the altar, Kara is at the mic, and I am in front of Iris and Joe.

Kara starts singing and that's my cue to start walking.

Finishing at the altar, I step aside next to Caitlin.

"Everyone, please be seated." The priest says and everyon sits down. "Welcome to you all. I'm honored to be presiding over the wedding of Barry Allen and Iris West. Although I don't know them well, I know that this is a good match. How do I know that? Well, Because of you, because of all of you. Looking out at their friends - and their family and seeing the joy on all your faces, seeing how happy you are for them, tells me everything I need to know. It tells me that these two people deserve to be together. They deserve to be happy and fulfilled. And they deserve a long life together. And now to the standard housekeeping. Does anyone have just cause why these two should not be married? Speak now, or forever hold your peace."

The priest gets zapped by a laser.

Soldiers in black march in with their guns raised.

A woman flies in front of them with a mask covering her face.

"Peace is overrated." The masked woman says.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me." Iris says.

"Nazis?" Oliver asks.

"I hate Nazis." Oliver and Kara say at the same time. I hate Nazis.

Firestorm merges.

"Get everybody out of here!" Kara yells, pulling her glasses off.

"Go, get 'em out, okay?" Barry tells Oliver.

Cisco, Caitlin, and I hide behind a pew.

"I think it's time you introduced these guys to your mean roommate." Cisco says.

Caitlin turns frosty.

"Where did she get this outfit?" KF asks.

KF stands up and shoots ice.

"That's what I'm talking about." Mick says, getting up and shooting his heat gun.

"Come on, Tremors, let's do this." Cisco says.

Cisco and I jump up and start blasting the men.

A lot of fighting happened.

I blast a man and whip around to see another pointing a gun at my head.

"Barry!" I screech.

In a split second, Barry speeds over, knocks the gun out of the guy's hand and kicks him to the ground.

More fighting happens.

Then, Kara is thrown through the window and she falls to the ground, the masked flying woman hovering over her.

Kara claps her hands together so violently that she creates a pulse, knocking the woman to the ground.

Cisco goes unconscious.

The masked archer drops to the ground and grabs the woman.

"Fall back." The archer says "Everybody fall back."

They retreat.

"Best wedding ever." Mick says.

***

"Are you okay?" Barry asks, rushing over to Iris in the cortex.

"I'm okay, are you?" Iris asks, hugging him tightly. She pulls away. "Where's Mack?"

"Here." I say, running into the room and over to them.

They hug me tightly.

"The most important thing is that we're all okay." Iris says. "And look, who knew that Monique Lhuillier could survive a gunfight, right?"

"I am going to marry you." Barry tells Iris.

"I know." Iris says.

***

"So, what's the game plan?" Wally asks, walking into the cortex where we are with Joe behind him.

"There is none yet." Barry says. "Whoever attacked us knows who we are, so I think just get Joe and Cecile as far away as possible."

"Oh, no way, man." Wally says. "I have to help out. Come on."

"You're helping by keeping our family safe." Barry tells him.

"He's right." Joe says. "Until we know what these people want, nobody's safe."

**

"You wiped the minds of the guests at the wedding?" Oliver asks Mick as him and Kara walk in.

"Yep." Mick says. "Everyone's secret identity remains secret."

"Any idea where they fled?" Barry asks.

"No." Kara says. "I flew over the entire city, there's no trace of them."

"Well, clearly they attacked because you all were there." Iris says.

"Killers, heroes, then what?" Barry asks.

"If I know my history, ethnic cleansing, world domination." Felicity says.

"Make America Aryan again." Jax says.

"Which it never was." Caitlin says.

"Hashtag melting pot." Iris sasy.

"I hate Nazis." Mick growls.

"Their appearance seems quite a severe course of action in support of a cause that was defeated over 70 years ago." Stein says.

"Apparently they didn't know about the Yalta Conference." Barry says.

"What's a Yalta?" Mick asks.

"That woman didn't seem surprised to see me." Kara notes. "

"How did she even know you were on this Earth?" Alex asks.

"And how was she as strong as you?" Barry asks.

"That archer matched me, shot for shot." Oliver says. "You know, I think it's time we got some answers."

"Yeah, he ain't exactly talking." Jax says about the hooded man they had brought in.

"So let's make him talk." Oliver says. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all liked that chapter!!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!

Since I just started school again today, I need some time to get back into a school schedule and deal with the workload so they next chapter will be up ------------------- OCTOBER 2 

(thanks for understanding)

- MC