[1]

5 months ago

5 months ago

Aubree grasped her dagger in her hand tightly. "Marcus come on we have to go!" She shouted out to Marcus who continued to fight off walkers. 

"Just go I'm right behind you two!" Marcus called back. Aubree shook her head furiously about to say something else but Glenn spoke first. 

"We aren't leaving you behind. We don't do that!" Glenn argued both he and Aubree on the same page. 

Marcus grunts and finally caves, he follows the two through the back of the house they had been staying in. Glenn held the back door open for them and slammed it shut tightly behind the three of them hoping to stall the dead. 

Walkers continued to pile in around the trio from the center of the street in the abandoned community. Aubree looked around panicked. "What do we do?" 

Marcus grabbed her hand squeezing it to provide her comfort. "We're gonna be fine." He assured her. 

Glenn scanned the area and pointed to an opening in the crowd. "Over there! We make a run for it and keep going till we find the next place." 

The trio nods to each other and takes off. Marcus kept a tight hold on his sister's hand as they ran. Glenn kept close behind them as they pushed through walkers and got out of the old housing development. Center focused they kept running until they were a few miles away at an old gas station. 

Aubree raised her arms and leaned against one of the gas pumps, she rested her forehead on the top of her hands as she caught her breath. After a moment she turned around with her hands on her hips and surveyed the area. 

"Marcus.." She calls when she can't find Glenn. Marcus only hummed in response. 

"Where the hell is Glenn?" 

Not expecting that question Marcus's attention was caught. He stood straight and furiously looked around trying to find the Korean man. Aubree gasps softly, they must have gotten separated when escaping the development. She bent down grabbing her bag getting ready to go back and look for him when she is stopped. 

Marcus grabbed her arm forcefully stopping her. Aubree tries to shake him off but he does not budge. "What are you doing? We have to go find him." She spat. 

"He's gone. We can't go back there it's overrun." Marcus said with a shake of his head. 

Aubree's eyes widened in horror. "How...how could you say that? It's Glenn. We need to go back. need to go back" She roughly pulled her arm from his grip and stepped back from him. 

"He's gone, Bree. We have to keep moving" Marcus insists. 

"How can you leave him?" Aubree asks angrily. 

Marcus's eyes fill with rage. "You think I want to? My job is to take care of you, it always has been. I love Glenn but he can take care of himself." 

Aubree shook her head stubbornly. "No. No, I'm not going anywhere without him." 

Marcus runs his hands through his hair exasperatedly "Bree..-" 

Aubree cuts him off. "I can't leave him." 

"We have to move on Bree." Marcus restates. 

Aubree continues to shake her head in denial. "No. I can't leave him, Marcus." 

"What makes it harder for you than for me?" Marcus demands. He was tired, in pain, and stressed, he didn't want to argue with her he just wanted to find somewhere somewhat safe for them to be. 

"Because I'm in love with him!" Aubree screamed, her heart breaking as she finally said it out loud. "I love him so much that he is the only other thing keeping me breathing." 

Tears filled her eyes and she was ready to snap. Marcus stared at her in shock, he sensed something was between them but neither had ever said anything or acted on it. "Bree.." he whispered. 

"I love him" She choked out through sobs. Marcus quickly enveloped her in a tight hug, he cradled her head to his chest as she cried. He couldn't help but let out some tears too. 

Author Speaks

Hi guys! Don't mind all the updates I am finally editing this book.

- A