[8] The C.D.C

[Outfit Above]

S1: Ep6. "TS-19"

The doors to the C

The doors to the C.D.C opened enveloping us all in bright light as we stand there in the doorway. "Daryl, you cover the back." Shame instructs while Rick walks forward "Hello? Hello" He calls out. Dale holds his shotgun close "Close those doors. Watch for walkers." I nod to Glenn and he nods back before helping me close the doors. Rick leads the group into the lobby to find it completely empty. "Hello?"

Rick calls out once more only to be answered with a gun cocking. The gun belonging to a tall heavier built blonde haired man standing in the doorway. "Anybody infected?" The man asks suspiciously, Rick looks down to the ground before he glances back at the man "One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick says grimly but the man steps closer. "Why are you here? What do you want?"

Hope. We want a reason to have hope

"A chance." Rick responds simply and the man laughs bitterly "That's asking an awful lot these days." Rick mutters an 'I know' while the man looks over our whole group, something about him rubs him the wrong way so I stay close to Glenn. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." Rick nods "We can do that."

Shane buts in "Only if Aubree does it." Everyone turns to me at Glenn's side "Yeah I'd feel more comfortable with that too" Glenn mutters nervously. I take a breath chuckling slightly "Uh yeah. I can do it." The man narrows his eyes at me but gives in lowering his weapon. "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." He points towards the doors causing Rick, Daryl, Glenn, and T-Dog to run back to the cars and grab our bags.

The man leads us into an elevator  "VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here"  he talks into a security pad on the wall next to it. It beeps before shutting the doors behind us loudly. "Rick Grimes." He holds his hand out expecting the man to take it but he looks away. "Dr. Edwin Jenner." He says monotonically as the elevator hums. "Doctors always go around packing heat like that?"

Daryl asks curiously but you can hear the sarcasm hinted.  Jenner holds his rifle in the pit of his arm holding his hands together patiently. He turns to Daryl "There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself." I could see a small smile tug at his lips but he hides it. "But you look harmless enough." He continues turning to look down at Carl "Except you, I'll have to keep my eye on you." Carl smiles up at him causing Jenner to chuckle.

When the elevator dings we all slowly pile out following Jenner down a long hallway. "Are we underground?" Carol asks but Jenner keeps walking barely sparing her a glance "Are you claustrophobic?" Carol nods slightly "A little." Carol replies sheepishly, Jenner turns back around leading us into a dark room "Try not to think about it."

"VI, bring up the lights in the big room." Jenner instructs the system and it hums and beeps as the room is taken over in bright lights. The huge room has a circle in the middle lined with many desks of computers and a ramp leading down to it. Jenner turns around looking at us all "Welcome to Zone 5." We follow him down the ramp "Where is everybody? The other doctors, the staff?" Rick asks while furrowing his brows. "I'm it. It's just me here." Jenner replies shortly.