[10] Saved

[Outfit Above]
S2: Ep2. "Bloodletting"

My eyes reluctantly open as my body tries to shut down from the pain

My eyes reluctantly open as my body tries to shut down from the pain. Running is what we've been doing, Rick carries a bleeding Carl in his arms while Shane carries my own bloody body in his. He slows down to turn to the man who caused this accident. "Hey, you move, shithead! Come on, get us there! How far?" Shane yells at the man ushering us on to this farmhouse he's leading us to. Rick stops and turns to scream at him as well "How far?" The man points straight ahead as he pants "Another half mile, that way! Hershel, talk to Hershel-- He'll help your boy."

"Shane-Shane I can walk" he looks at me like I'm insane "Get him. I can-I can do it" He nods reluctantly and sets me down. I take off after Rick jogging slightly as fast as I can fight the dizziness from the blood loss. We make it to the house as an older man comes out onto the porch followed by two blondes and a young man and women who look about my age. "Are you bit?" the older man asks "We're shot" I quickly answer "Shot, by your man"

Rick finishes through rough breaths. "Otis?" a woman asks, "He said find Hershel. Is that you? Help me-- Help my boy." Rick begs as the man approaches us "Get him inside-- Inside! Patricia, I need my full kit." the man instructs the older blonde woman who runs off through the house. "Maggie-- Yeah? Painkillers coagulates-- Grab everything. Clean towels, sheets, alcohol. In here." I follow after Rick and Hershel into a white bedroom as he removes the sheets from the bed. "Pillowcase." Rick lays Carl down and steps back "Is-is he alive?" Hershel ignores him

"Pillowcase, quick." Rick walks to the other side of the bed "Is-is he alive?" He stutters out once more. "Fold it-- Make a pad. Put pressure on the wound. I've got a heartbeat-- It's faint." Rick holds the sheet to Carl's wound trying to slow the bleeding as Hershel uses a stethoscope to listen. "I got it-- Step back." The older woman instructs Rick who backs away. "Maggie, IV." Hershel says as the young woman who I assume is Maggie looks at Rick "We need some space."

"Your name?" Hershel asks "R-Rick." he stutters "Rick?" Rick nods "I'm-I'm-I'm Rick." Hershel glances back at us "Rick, we're gonna do everything we can, okay?" He looks at me "Young lady why don't you sit in that chair over there and take one of these towels." I nod and grab a towel folding it up and holding it tightly against my shoulder. "You need to give us some room. Now"

Hershel instructs Rick who backs away and stands by me. I grab his hand holding onto it tightly. Rick looks out a window and I followed his gaze to see Shane and the man Otis running to the house. Rick lets go of my hand softly and stumbles out of the house. He comes back in a few moments later with Shane and Otis behind him. Shane glances at Carl seeing him out cold on the bed with Hershel holding a towel to his wound. "You know his blood type?" Hershel asks curiously

"A-positive-- s-same as mine." Rick responds quietly Hershel looks over at me "What about you little lady" I smile slightly at his nickname "AB+" He nods "That's fortunate for both of you. Don't wander far-- I'm gonna need you." He looks from Rick and me to Otis. "What happened?"