[15] Barn Walkers

[Outfit Above]

S2: Ep7. "Pretty Much Dead Already"

Everyone is gathered around the fire for breakfast, I notice Glenn looking off into the distance and see Maggie standing on the porch shaking her head

Everyone is gathered around the fire for breakfast, I notice Glenn looking off into the distance and see Maggie standing on the porch shaking her head. It clicks "Glenn.." I whisper causing him to turn his attention to me. "It's not up to us" I continue quietly. He bites the inside of his cheek "I have too.." I sigh and watch him worriedly as he stands ready to address everyone.

He puts his hands in his jeans pockets "Um, guys. So..." he starts off awkwardly as everyone watches him. "The barn's full of walkers" He blurts out causing everyone to stop and stare at him in horror and shock. The group jumps up and gathers outside of the barn as Shane walks closer peering inside but backing up when a walker stares at him through the crack. He holds his hat in his hands and storms over to Rick.

"You cannot tell me you're all right with this." He seethes "No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Rick responds calmly but anger lines his tone. "This is our lives, man!" Shane yells. "Lower your voice." Glenn ushers  "We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea agrees  "It ain't right. Not remotely" T-Dog adds.

Shane paces around furiously "Okay, we've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time." He sets his hat back on his head as he addresses Rick. "We can't go." Rick argues harshly, I can only assume that Lori finally told him which would explain why he is so stuck on staying.

"Why, Rick? Why?" Shane challenges "Because my daughter is still out there." Carol says causing Shane to rubs his face "Okay. Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Rick shakes his head "We're not leaving Sophia behind."

"I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl adds clearly annoyed with Shane like most of us. "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Daryl walks towards him about to fight but Rick holds an arm out in front of him "You don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane yells defensively. Rick steps towards him holding his hand out "Shane, stop." Shane ignores him and continues "Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all method out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Daryl runs at Shane but Rick intervenes as everyone starts shouting at them trying to keep Shane and Daryl apart.

Lori and Rick keep Shane back while Glenn, Carol and I hold Daryl back. Shane starts to walk away before Rick continues. "Now just let me talk to Hershel. Let me figure it out." Shane turns around and charges at him "What are you gonna figure out?!" Lori shoves him back by holding her hand to his chest.