[37] Struggling

[Outfit Above]
S4 Ep: 10 "Inmates"

I sat down away from Maggie, Sasha and Bob on the big bolder to the side of the creek looking at the pictures in my locket fondly as my mind worked out a plan for me to find him

I sat down away from Maggie, Sasha and Bob on the big bolder to the side of the creek looking at the pictures in my locket fondly as my mind worked out a plan for me to find him. "Who's that?" I looked up to my right to see Maggie before she sat down, she gestured to my necklace. A faint smile appeared on my face while I looked down at it and gingerly touched the picture. I pointed to the picture to the left "My parents and my brother Marcus" I pointed to the right "Marcus and I, and.."

"Glenn" Maggie finished with a smile "You both look so different" I breathed out a laugh muttering a 'yeah' and gently clasping the charm closed, I ran my thumb over the engraved design on the front of the sterling silver locket. Breaking us from our small conversation Sashas boots rub against the ground. "How's he doing?" Maggie asked "Bleeding stopped. He'll be alright. Got the water to our backs. Decent vantage points from the bank. I'm thinking we camp here for the night."

I nodded at Sasha's explanation "That's good. You should all be safe here." The two of them gave me a weird look so I continued "The bus got out. Glenn got out. I'm gonna find him." Maggie shook her head "Aubree..." I stood up and shook my hand cutting her off "With any luck, the bus is gone." Sasha sighed "It was heading east down the main road. If I follow in that direction, I might be able to pick up its tracks."

Sasha scoffed "Alone? With just that?" She pointed to my machete with a taunting expression and I shrugged "I'm almost out of ammo, so, yeah." Maggie shook her head "I couldn't find Beth I'm not gonna lose you too."

"I know Glenn got out" I insisted firmly "And I know which way he went. I'm gonna go get him and I'm gonna come back for you." I nodded towards them adding "We both are." Sasha sighed with a shake of her head "Aubree." I suck on the sides of my mouth quietly and stand my ground "I'm going." Sasha continued to argue with me but I ignored her and started towards the small hill past the rocks. "We cannot split up. Not now." I looked at her over my shoulder "I'm going." I bit and turned away from her again continuing into the tall weeds.

Leaving the two women and Bob standing there in shock I focused on finding Glenn until Maggie called to me. "Bree wait!" She jogged up beside me "I'm with you" She nodded reassuringly and I smiled gratefully as we started through the woods again making our way back to the road. I walked along the side of the road constantly looking back and forth to the ground trying to find any tracks other than old walkers. We came to a curve in the road, multiple overgrown bushes and trees blocked the easy access of our eyesight until we passed them and saw the bus stopped in the middle of the road.

Seeing the bus standing there I knew what had happened but I needed to make sure he was either one of them or her wasn't. Sucking in a few shaky breaths I ran "Aubree. Aubree!" Bob called from behind me as they all followed after me stopping behind myself as I looked at the back door the panic rising in my chest. I slowly inched around the side of the bus looking up into the dirty windows until a walker jumped against it confirming my suspicion, multiple dead hands started reaching out of the broken windows trying to grab at us for a meal.