[25] Captured

[Outfit Above]
S3: Ep6.  "Hounded"

"Morning" I said as I walked outside into the courtyard finding Hershel, Beth, Carl, and Rick

"Morning" I said as I walked outside into the courtyard finding Hershel, Beth, Carl, and Rick. "Could I?" I ask while gesturing to the baby in Hershel's arms, he nods and smiles before handing her to me. "She's precious" I say while smiling softly down at her as she looks up at me with her big blue eyes. "That she is" He agrees happily "I see he finally asked" I look up at him confused for a moment before following his line of sight to the new ring that occupied my finger I smiled at him "You knew?" he nods "Guilty. He asked for Ricks permission" I chuckled "Did he really?" he nodded "He did. He asked me too" He grins at me.

Carl takes my hand and looks at the ring "what does it mean?" I laugh "Glenn asked me to marry him" Carl looks up at me with raised brows "So he's your husband now?" I nod Carl laughs excitedly "Awesome! So I have one of those in laws now! Right?" He looks around at all the adults plus Beth everyone grins and nods. My heart warms at his smile and from hearing him basically call me his sister. Since I was a kid Rick was always like a second Dad, only fitting that Carl's like a brother.

-     -     -

Beth, Hershel, Maggie, Carl, Glenn and I sat together around a table eating some oatmeal when Rick appears at the cell door "Everybody okay?" He asks and I nod "Yeah, we are." He walks in and approaches out table standing in between Carl and Hershel. "What about you?" Hershel asks curiously "I cleared out the boiler block." Rick states while avoiding the question "How many were there?" Daryl asks from his spot on the staircase.

"I don't know. A dozen, two dozen. I have to get back. Just wanted to check on Carl."He patted Carl's back and turns to leave again but Glenn calls out stopping him "Rick, we can handle taking out the bodies. You don't have to." Rick looks back to him shaking his head "No, I do." He walks past Glenn towards Daryl "Everyone have a gun and a knife?"

Daryl nods "Yeah. We're running low on ammo, though." I turn in my seat next to Maggie to face the two of them "Glenn and I were planning on making a run this afternoon. Found a phone book with some places we can hit, look for bullets and formula." 

"We cleared out the generator room. Axel's there trying to fix it in case of emergency. We're gonna sweep the lower levels as well." Daryl adds "Good, good." Rick responded shortly and turns around swiftly walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him ignoring Hershel's call. Daryl stood up on the stairs and dug through his pockets taking out keys and tossing them to Glenn "We won't be out long" I tell them and Daryl nods "Come back alive would ya." Maggie wraps me in a light hug "And uninjured please"

I chuckle and hug her back. "We'll be fine" Glenn adds as he grabs a backpack and slings it over his shoulder and I grab another bag and hold the strap against my shoulder as we leave the cell block and make our way outside to the car.

-     -     -

We pull to a stop outside a store, turning off the engine Glenn climbs out after me as I push the door shut and pull my gun out of my holster. I walk around the front of the car to Glenn's side "Clear outside." Glenn nods and hands me a bag "All right, let's take a look." I grab his hand stopping him from entering the store just yet "Hey." I pecked his lips but it wasn't enough for him, he stepped closer and cupped the right side of my face in his hand placing his soft lips against mine in a longer kiss.

I smile into the kiss and when we pull away, looking up at the sky I sigh "It's a beautiful day." he smiles back as he heads towards the back seat of the car grabbing a flashlight and bolt cutters. Glenn walks to the front doors of the store and cuts the chain, pulling it off and opening the door he releases a group of birds that flutter around causing us to duck. Glenn looks into the store with his flashlight and blows air after the scare, he walks in and passes a shelf when I notice something on it "Glenn, get that duck." I instruct and he turns around furrowing his brows "What?"

I smile and gesture to the duck with my flashlight "Get that duck." he laughs "Are you serious?" I nod with a wider smile "Yeah. A kid growing up in a prison could use some toys." He shakes his head with an amused smile and does as told grabbing the duck and putting it in the front pocket of the bag. I walk into the store after him and find the aisle with all the other baby items. Grabbing more bottles and some small toys for when she's teething and a few outfits I put them in my bag and walk back outside to wait for Glenn who walks outside after me.

"We just hit the powdered formula jackpot." He says while setting down a basket full of formula. I breathe out a breath of relief  "Oh, thank God." He shifts another basket to his hands "I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustard's. It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it in time for dinner." I nod and grab the other basket to put it in the backseat of the car.

"I like the quiet. Back there, back home, you can always hear them outside the fence no matter where you are." Glenn nods and smiles softly at me from next to the backseat, I hold onto the basket of formula with one arm and smile back at him. "And where is it y'all good people are calling home?" A gruff voice calls out leading to us turning in his direction to find the one and only Merle Dixon alive and well.

I set the basket down and grab my gun holding it up to him and moving around to the back of the car with Glenn beside me doing the same thing. "Merle?" Glenn asks shock filling his tone, Merle looks him up and down and starts laughing after realizing it's us "Wow!" he sets his gun down on the ground and holds up his arms, one being covered slightly by a jacket.

He starts walking towards us "Back the hell up Merle" I demand instantly "Okay, okay, honey. Jesus." Merle agrees slightly mockingly "You made it." Glenn stated while staring him down.  Merle continues to hold his hands up in defense "Can you tell me, is my brother alive? Huh?"

I nod slightly "Yeah." Merle smiles and chuckles "Hey, you take me to him and I'll call it even on everything that happened up there in Atlanta. No hard feelings. Huh?" he offers as I eyed the makeshift sword of sorts that's connected to his arm. "You like that?" he questions and shakes his arm and laughs.

"Yeah. Well, I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself. Pretty cool, huh?" I narrow my eyes at him as Glenn speaks "We'll tell Daryl you're here and he'll come out to meet you." Merle shifts on his feet "Hold on. Just hold up." Glenn shakes his head and holds his hand out stopping him "Whoa. Whoa."

"Hold up here. Hold up. Hey, the fact that we found each other is a miracle. Come on, now. You can trust me." I shake my head dismissively "You trust us."

"You stay here." Glenn adds to my statement causing Merle to chuckle bitterly before he pulls a gun on us and ends up shooting the back glass of the car. Glenn ducks by the back seat and I wrap around to the other side of the car. Merle jumped me taking me to the ground and wrapping his arm with the blade around my neck while holding his gun to my head. Right, when Glenn finds us he cocks the gun  "Hey, hey, hold up, buddy, hold up." Merle demands while pressing the cold chamber against my temple.

I whimper and clench my jaw trying to hold back the tears of fear.  "Let go of her. Let go of her!" Glenn yells "Put that gun in the car right now. Put it in the car, son." Glenn slowly reaches into the back of the car and drops his gun raising his hands in defense "There you go. Now we're gonna go for a little drive." Glenn shakes his head "We're not going back to our camp." Merle smirked evilly. 

"No, we're going somewhere else. Get in the car, Glenn! You're driving!" Merle screams at him furiously "Move!" He yells again "Don't." Glenn pleads to him while watching my distressed figure. Merle doesn't falter so Glenn begrudgingly walks to the driver's side, slamming the back door in his way. "Get up." Merle grunts to me loosening his grip just enough for me to stand up "That's it. Oh, that's what I'm talking about." Merle shoves me into the backseat and climbs into the front "Yeah, buddy." he grins wildly as Glenn starts driving.