[40] Finding Home Again

[Outfit above]
S4 Ep: 15  "Us"

[Outfit above]S4 Ep: 15  "Us"

Glenn

"Hold up! We're stopping here. Tired is slow. Slow is dead." Looking up at the sky Glenn sighed "It's barely noon." Abraham rolled his eyes "I don't give a monkey's left nut. None of us has slept more than a couple hours straight since we went all Casey Jones. This place looks safe." Glenn looked at him disagreeing already "We need to rest. I get it. You have to find her. Well, Rosita and me, we got a mission, too. It's keeping that man alive, getting him to Washington, and saving the whole damn world. So we're going in that tower and we're going now." A walkers snarls distracts them all and pulls their attention upwards to the tower where it seems someone had the same idea as us before.

"Oh, crap." Abraham cursed under his breath as the walker neared the edge, Glenn ran forwards "Hey, hey, hey, watch out!" Abraham shoved Eugene out of the way which caused a domino effect that slammed Tara to the ground. "Go, go! Go!" Behind him Rosita ran forwards also "Move! Move!" She quickly crouched down by Tara's side "Are you okay?" Tara rolled over to a sitting position and held her knee in her hands grimacing "I'm fine." She assured with a strained voice, Glenn dropped his bag to the side and offered Tara a hand to pull her up.

"We got to stay here. Who's gonna help me carry her up?" Glenn helped Tara stand "You okay?" She nodded "Yeah." Checking her over once more Glenn tilted his head asking "You wanna stop or you wanna keep going?" Shaking her head she insisted "No, keep going. I'm good."

"You sure?" She hopped on one leg and nodded "Yeah. Yeah." Glenn turned towards Abraham suggesting "Look, if she can keep going, we can all keep going. Or you guys can stay here. You don't need us, we don't need you. It's okay." Rosita looked at Tara sympathetically as she limped past him, her sympathetic gaze quickly turned into a hard glare at Glenn. "Wow, you're an ass." Glenn looked at her perplexed "She will do whatever you say because she thinks she owes you." Rosita explained as she pointed towards Tara. "Man up. Stay here for a few hours."

Glenn pursed his lips and focused back on Abraham "You just care about keeping Eugene safe, right? It's the only reason you want to stop? We go until sundown, I give Eugene my riot gear right here, right now. Everybody wins." Rosita scoffed and gestured exasperatedly at Tara again "Except her." Abraham glanced at her with narrowed eyes "You're not her mama." Shifting his gaze to Tara he continued "She says she can walk, she can walk." Finally his eyes landed on Glenn "You got yourself a deal." Glenn nodded shortly and slid off his gun and started to take off his gear handing it piece by piece to Eugene who needed help putting it on.

-     -     -

The group came to a stop outside of a train tunnel, Glenn saw the newest note left by Aubree, Maggie, Sasha and Bob on the concrete wall. Running up to it Glenn felt the mud in his fingers "We're gaining on 'em. Still wet." He stopped in front of the opening to the dark tunnel unknown what was awaiting them inside. "We sure as Shinola can't go up and over." Abraham ridiculed from the very back, faint snarls could be heard from in the tunnel yet they echoed making it hard to tell just how many were there.