[24] All for her

[Outfit Above]
S3: Ep.5 "Say the Word"

Daryl bends down in front of Rick and waves his hand in his face "Rick, you with me? Rick?" he asks him but he remains unresponsive

Daryl bends down in front of Rick and waves his hand in his face "Rick, you with me? Rick?" he asks him but he remains unresponsive. Carl walks over to me and holds his arms out for the baby who I carefully pass to him. "Let me see the baby." Hershel calls out and Carl walks over to him.

"She's healthy." I said as Daryl walks over to us all " What are we gonna feed it. We got anything a baby can eat?" He asks not knowing how to handle a baby. "She needs formula." I say, Hershel nods "And soon, or she won't survive."

"Nope. No way. Not her. We ain't losing nobody else. I'm going for a run." Daryl dismisses instantly and swings his crossbow over his shoulder "I'll back you up." I jump in and he nods to me. "I'll go too." Glenn adds.

"Okay, think where we're going. Beth." Daryl pulls Beth aside to talk to her for a moment before turning back towards Glenn and me "Glenn, Aubree, vámonos." I hear a weapon clatter from behind me and I turn to find Rick grabbing his ax and storming into the prison. "Rick!" I called after him but he doesn't stop.

"Get the gate. Come on, we're gonna lose the light." Daryl instructs and I take off after him followed by Glenn "There's a Piggly Wiggly on 85." I shake my head as the three of us jog towards the cars "No, the baby section's been cleared. Lori asked me to keep an eye out. I haven't had much luck."

Daryl pulls off his crossbow "Is there any place that hasn't been completely looted?" he asks "We saw signs for a shopping center just north of here." I stand up from my position behind the back seat car door "Yeah, but there's too much debris on the road. The car will never get through there."

"I can take one of you." Daryl points out as he slips on his vest and I step forward "I'll go." I volunteer, Daryl nods as an okay and goes to his bike. Glenn shakes his head and walks towards me "No, Aubree, after everything that you've been through, okay, I'll go." he whispers but I shake my head

"I want to go. For Lori, I have to." He sighs "Okay." he leans into the car and grabs something, turning around he rests a hand on the side of my neck with his thumb on top of my jaw. "I love you. Be safe." I lean into him and press my lips to his

"I will." I say quietly against his lips before kissing him again and pulling away. I swing my backpack around my shoulders and hoped on the bike behind Daryl. I rest my hands on either side of his torso so I don't fall off as he starts the engine and takes off.

- - -

Daryl pulls to a stop as we arrive in the back of what used to be a preschool or daycare. "Company's close. Stay tight." He instructs and I nod as I climb off the bike after him. I open the fence gate and we walk through the rusted playground behind the school. I peered through a dusty window and smash it with the but of my gun. Carefully climbing in I make sure not to cut myself on broken glass as it crunches below my boots.

I look through the room seeing miscellaneous toys all over the floor and garbage scattered around, I pull my backpack off and squatted down in front of a sink cabinet finding brand new bottles and towels. Daryl climbs in just as I finish collecting things from the cabinet, I follow him into the dark hallway.

He pulls out a flashlight and takes the right while I take the left. Not finding anything I turn around and we both meet on either side of one room where something makes a faint rattling sound. Daryl holds his flashlight in his mouth He looks in and nods telling me it's okay, slowly reaching his arm down he turns the doorknob letting it swing open quietly.

I walk in after him and stand on the other side of a closet door ready to open it to reveal the sound when he signals me. I pull it open revealing a possum as it hisses at us, Daryl releases his arrow killing it instantly. He takes his flashlight out of his mouth

"Hello, dinner" He walks towards the closet to pick it up while I turn away from him to check the other cabinets "I am not putting that in my bag" I state as I open the cabinet to find two containers of formula and pacifiers, grabbing them and filling my bag.

- - -

As soon as Daryl and I pull up in the prison I ran straight inside with my bag to find everyone. "Carl" I call out once I reach the cell block to find Carl sitting with the baby in his arms accompanied by Hershel, Beth, and Carol.

I set my bag down on a nearby table when Maggie rushes over to me, I unzip my bag taking out a bottle and formula along with some water to mix it together. Daryl took the baby from Carl and held her close in his arms. Maggie took the bottle from me once it was finished and handed it to him causing the baby to stop crying immediately.

Glenn entered the room and came over to me enveloping me in a hug "I'm glad your okay" he whispered into my hair before pulling away, I smile at him and lean my head on his shoulder as the two of us lean against the wall watching Daryl rock the baby gently.

"She got a name yet?" He asks Carl who shakes his head "Not yet. But I was thinking maybe Sofia. Then there's Carol, too. And..." he sighs "Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or... Lori. I don't know." Daryl smiles down at the baby "Yeah...You like that? Huh? Little ass-kicker."

His nickname causes the group to chuckle light-heartedly "Right? That's a good name, right? Little ass-kicker. You like that, huh? You like that, sweetheart? Little ass-kicker. You like that, huh?"

- - -

Glenn took my hand and led me back to our cell, I took off my belt letting it drop to the ground next to the bed and sitting down on it in a heap with a sigh from the exhausting day. Glenn sat down beside me and played with something in his hand "This is probably a bad time but marry me?" He blurted the question out nervously and holds his hand out slowly uncurling it to reveal a silver ring. I sit up on the bed watching him completely shocked "I-I know this isn't the best time but after everything with Lori and just life now..." He pauses to run a hand through his hair.

"I love you Bree, so fucking much. I've always wanted to marry you" I look at him with tears in my eyes as he speaks "I don't want to lose you without having ever been able to call you my wife. Hell I don't ever want to lose you." We chuckle quietly.

"Aubree Rae Morris will you marry me?" He looks up shyly letting his chocolate brown eyes rest on mine. I cupped his face in my hands letting my lips meet his, he stays still for a moment surprised at my action but quickly kisses back. I pull away slowly and open my eyes to look into his he chuckles lightly "Was that a yes?"

I smile widely and nodded my head "Yes" he smiles back and slips the ring onto my finger before pulling me back to him and putting his lips on mine passionately. I slide my arms around his neck and let my hands play with the hair at the bottom of his head.

He moans quietly at my touch before lowering me back onto the bed and positioning himself on top keeping me from getting up to avoid his kisses. He trails down from my lips to my jaw and down to my neck I bite my lips to hold back a quiet moan causing him to snap his head up and smirk at me.

He climbs off of both myself and the bed to get changed, letting me follow suit before he grabbed my hand and pulled me back into him under the covers. I wrapped my arms back around his shoulders while he wrapped his around my waist and letting his head rest in between my neck and shoulder soon the two of us fell asleep in the other's arms comfortably.