[16] She was different

[Outfit Above]
S2: Ep8. "Nebraska"

Beth walks forward tripping over her own two feet a few times as she sobs over the dead bodies of the people she knew

Beth walks forward tripping over her own two feet a few times as she sobs over the dead bodies of the people she knew. "Wait wait wait wait." Rick rushes but Beth pushes past him, she stands over a women's body and cries. "Ma..." she pushes another body off of her mother and rolls her on her back shaking her gently. "Ma.."

The walker's eyes shoot open and she reaches up grabbing onto Beth's forearms trying to pull her down. Rick, Shane, and Daryl ran to her pulling her out of her dead mother's cold, rotted grip. The three of them couldn't get her so Glenn handed me to Maggie as he ran over to help along with Hershel, T-Dog and Dale. Quickly they managed to rip her free and Beth collided right into mine and Maggie's open arms. Andrea grabs a scythe from against the barn and swings it into the walker's brain.

Glenn drops his hold on the body as it falls still, Hershel takes Beth from my arms. I take Maggie's hand before hugging her "I'm sorry it went down this way" I whisper and she nods into my neck "I know. I appreciate that" she whispers back before pulling away and offering a weak smile.

Maggie walks back to the house with her family while the rest of us look over the scene and let it soak in what just happened before we follow behind them. "We've been out. We've been combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along? You knew." Shane accuses.

"Leave us alone." Maggie cuts him off as they continue towards their house. "Hey, Shane, just stop, man. Get your hands off me." Rick grabs Shane's arm but he shrugs him off "You knew and you kept it from us." Hershel shakes his head and throws his hands up exasperatedly "I didn't know."

"That's bullshit. I think y'all knew." Shane argues "We didn't know!" Maggie tries to shut Shane down once more but it does nothing. "Why was she there?!" Hershel stops at the stairs to his house and turns to face us "Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed."

Shane scoffs "You expect me to believe that? Do I look like an idiot?" Rick sets a hand on Shane's chest to try and keep him from Hershel "Shane, hey hey hey." Hershel shakes his hands before dropping them to his sides "I don't care what you believe!" Rick holds his hands out in front of both of them trying to keep them from each other's grasp "Everybody just calm down."

"Get him off my land!" Hershel yells and points at Shane. "Please. No." Rick begs quietly. Shane walks up to Hershel about to get in his face "Let me tell you something." I push him away "Shane! Leave him be. Haven't you done enough?" Glenn quickly gets in between Shane and me in case he would try anything.

Maggie and Hershel half-smile at me just enough to make sure I knew they were saying thank you. Hershel climbs up the stairs and to the door that Maggie holds for him "I mean it... Off my land." he finishes now much calmer. I follow after them inside and find Maggie standing by one of the couches in the living room. I walk over to her and set a hand on her shoulder gently while Glenn leans in the doorway.