[31] Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

[Outfit Above]
S3: Ep13 "Arrow on the Doorpost"

Earlier this morning Rick, Hershel and Daryl left for their meeting with the Governor leaving Glenn and I in charge of the prison

Earlier this morning Rick, Hershel and Daryl left for their meeting with the Governor leaving Glenn and I in charge of the prison. I reloaded my rifle and grabbed two boxes of ammo "Carl, come here." He walked around the table to me and I held out the small boxes for him. " Stash these in the loading dock. Okay?" He nods and walks back to what he was doing, Glenn hands a box to Beth. "Beth, put more up on the catwalk. If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo." He picked up a blow torch, gloves and his rifle "I'll go work on the cage outside." He took a few steps towards the door until Merle stopped him.

"What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now." Glenn turns towards him "Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Merle nods "Yeah, I am." I hand Maggie a couple bullets so she could finish loading her gun and cross my arms narrowing my eyes at Merle. "We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay here." Merle leans against the fence "I've changed my mind, sweetheart. Being on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sitting right with me."

"The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong." Glenn continued towards the door but Merle stopped him again "And they will." Carl turns around and glares at him "My dad can take care of himself." Merle shrugs "Sorry, son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon." Carl ignores him and continues up the steps and out the gate to the courtyard.

"Don't you dare say something like that to him." I asserted him. "It's not the right move. Not now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire. That's my decision. It's final." Glenn licked his lips as he spoke cutting of Merle from any further arguments and leaving the block. Merle turned to me "You just gonna let him make all the calls?"

"When I agree with him, yes."

-     -     -

I walked back to the main room to find Merle loading a duffel bag with different guns and ammo. "Where the hell do you think your going?" I question as he continues filling the bag "Leaving. I don't need permission." Glenn walks in right as he finishes and shifts his gun to his other hand. "I can't let you."

"You can't stop me." Merle countered. "If you're gonna live here with us, it's gonna be on our terms." Maggie stated from beside me and I nodded agreeing. I glanced at Michonne who had just entered "If Michonne can do it, why can't you?" Merle turned around with the bag in hand but stopped when I brought Michonne up. "Cause it's my brother out there, that's why. What's the matter with y'all?" He ran up the steps towards the gate but Glenn blocked him. 

"I'm not gonna let you put them in danger." Merle got right in his face "Nut up already, boy. This guy cops a feel of your woman and you pussy out like this? Get out of my way." Glenn grit his teeth trying to hold his temper "No." Merle grabbed onto him and attempted to throw him to the side but Glenn wrapped his arms around his torso. "Get out of my way!" The two of them fell and rolled down the stairs still holding onto each other.  Merle had a hand on Glenn's throat that kept him pinned to the ground as he was leaned over him.

I rushed over to the two of them and tried to rip Merle off of him "Get off!" when he didn't budge I grabbed him in a tight choke hold and continued to pull back but he still fought me. Michonne and Maggie ran over and helped me try and get him off until a gunshot went off behind us startling us all. I looked over my shoulder to find Beth standing there with her arm up in the air holding the gun tightly in her small hand. She slowly lowered her arm and watched as Merle  fought our grip "Let me go! Let me go!" Maggie, Michonne and I let him fall from our grasp harshly. The two of them stayed by Merle glaring at him in case he tried anything again while I helped Glenn up.

-     -     -

The door creaked as I closed it behind me before walking out of the darkness into the light and right over to Glenn. I pulled the strap to my rifle higher on my shoulder "Hey. I thought it was my watch." Glenn looked over his shoulder at me "I got it." I pursed my lips "Keep you company?" He nodded slightly, I set my rifle down next to my left side and rested my arms on one of the wooden boards we stacked up against the fence. "That was a hell of a choke hold." Glenn praised with a small grin making me chuckle lightly "Marcus taught me well. But I should have put him to sleep." 

Glenn turned towards me and leaned his back up against the fence. "When we got back from Woodbury... I made it all about me. And you needed your space and I didn't give you that." I looked at him sympathetically "Oh, I didn't need my space from you." I sighed quietly "I just... wanted you to see me. See that I was okay." I reached out for his hand and took it in mine "I'm with you. I've always been and I always will be..with you"

Glenn licked his lips and shook his head regretfully "I'm sorry." I nod and smile softly "I know."

"I'm sorry." he repeated and pushed off the fence walking towards me as he hung onto each other tightly "I know." Glenn sighed into my hair "Oh, God, I love you. I love you." I pulled away just enough to make our lips meet in a much missed kiss. He gently pushed me up against the boards I was just leaning on as our lips moved in sync happily. "Wait." Glenn mumbled against my lips and pulled away. I looked at him curiously "Hmm?" His eyes were looking through the fence at the walkers surrounding the prison "I can't do this."

I looked back towards the way I entered "Come here. Come here. Come here." I led him back into the darker shadows and pulled down the door. Pushing me back against the wall we continued where we left off only now we removed our clothes one by one. I slid down to the flood against the wall hitting my mostly bare back harshly "Ow!" Glenn snapped his head up towards me worriedly but I giggled at myself "I'm okay." We both laughed as we practically ripped our clothes off and jumped back into each other arms our kisses escalating as he trailed his down my body causing quiet moans to escape my lips.

-     -     -

As soon as Rick and the others got back he gathered us all into the cell block to explain how the meeting went. "So, I met this Governor. Sat with him for quite a while." Rick explained. "Just the two of you?" Merle question instantaneously and Rick nodded "Yeah." Merle turned around and walked past Glenn and I "Should have gone when we had the chance, bro."

"He wants the prison. He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead for what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war." Rick finished and left the cell block leaving us all to take in the revelation that we either fight or we die. Or both.