[36] We Lost Another

[Outfit Above]
S4 Ep: 8  "Too Far Gone"

After Bob, Hershel and I got the antibiotics into everyone's system they each gained the color back to their skin and they stopped coughing as much, no one else has died or gotten worse

After Bob, Hershel and I got the antibiotics into everyone's system they each gained the color back to their skin and they stopped coughing as much, no one else has died or gotten worse. "I don't like that your here. You could still get sick" Glenn voiced for the fourth time as he held my hand in his on top of his chest. I sat next to him on the edge of the bed and brushed his hair back with my fingers. "If I was going to get sick, I would have already. Besides the antibiotics are working, within the next few days you should be back up and moving like nothing happened"

"It's still possible" He continues to argue, grabbing both of my hands and holding them in his back above his chest. I smile down at our hands and bring up a memory "Do you remember all the times when we were younger? You would get sick and I would always be the one taking care of you" He chuckled lightly "Yeah, my mom always said you were taking her job. She said to me once... "Glenn...you better marry that girl some day. A mother's only dream is to see her child happy and I see the way she makes you. You love her and I know-I know she loves you"

The two of us broke out into laughter at the memory of our old lives, a soft smirk played at my lips "Well she wasn't wrong" Glenn scoffed with a smile, "She never was" He sighed contentedly and smiled, "You know our anniversary is coming up" I tilted my head and rose a brow "It is, is it?" He nods with a grin "Yep, one of these days" I leaned closer to him and pecked his lips gingerly and stood up looking over him once more.

"I'm gonna get you some water" He breathed out and almost sat up but I stopped him "I can get it" I nodded slightly with a happy smile "I know. But I'm doing it. I'll be right back" I squeezed his hand and let is slowly slip from his grip as I smiled at him once more before leaving the cell and walking down the stairs. I grabbed him some clean water and made sure he was resting for now before I walked out of the block back towards mine to find Maggie. Just as I walked into the block an explosion went off from outside, Maggie and Beth ran out of their cells along with Carl.

The four of us shared fear filled glances as we took off out of the prison and to the courtyard where we met Rick, Daryl, Bob and Tyreese. The four of us had been partially hiding behind the wall at the front of the courtyard when Rick ran towards us "Get back!" His gun was tightly in his hands as we all looked out beyond the wall to see the man we spent months looking for, the man we hoped was dead.

There the Governor stood on top of an army tank with multiple cars and people armed to the T with different weapons. "Rick! Come down here. We need to talk." Rick glanced back at all of us before he stepped out from behind the wall yelling back to the dangerous man. "It's not up to me. There's a council now. They run this place."

"Is Hershel on the council? What about Michonne? She on the council, too?" As he brought up the names of our family two of his goons grabbed Michonne and hershel and dragged them out in front of the tank and shoved them to their knees. Maggie and Beth both immediately grabbed onto either of my arms in fear of losing Hershel to the horrible man we've come across before. "I don't make decisions anymore." Rick professed but the Governor insisted "You're making the decisions today, Rick. Come down here. Let's... Let's have that talk."