[30] Gotta Hold On

[Outfit Above]
S3: Ep11.  "I Ain't a Judas"

  "I Ain't a Judas"

"We're not leaving." Rick states to the group as we're all gathered in the cell block "We can't stay here." Hershel counters from his seat on the stairs "What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." Maggie jumped in. "We can't even go outside." Beth adds

"Not in the daylight." Carol continued "Rick says we're not running, we're not running." Glenn shot all of us down while resting his hands on his hips. "No, better to live like rats." Merle mocks from the other side of the cell block. I cross my arms and turn around facing him "You got a better idea?" He shrugs "Yeah, we should have slid out of here last night and lived to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road out of this place by now." Daryl walks closer to his brother from the walkway above our block "We ain't scared of that prick."

"Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, that's just him ringing the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers." The cling of Michonne's sharpened blade echos out into the cells just like Merle's voice. "And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to."

"Let's put him in the other cell block." I suggest while clenching my jaw and not removing my eyes from him. "No. He's got a point." Daryl argues and I reluctantly nod "This is all you. You started this." Maggie yells at him, Beth rushes down the stairs "What difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" She stops behind Hershel "I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead. We can't just sit here." Rick turns on him and watches with narrow eyes before walking away pissing Hershel off. He jumps to his foot and grips his crutches tightly "Get back here!" He yells making Rick stop.

Hershel makes his way closer to Rick "You're slipping, Rick. We've all seen it. We understand why. But now is not the time. You once said this isn't a democracy. Now you have to own up to that. I put my family's life in your hands. So get your head clear and do something."

-     -     -

"Take watch. Eyes open, head down. Field's filled with walkers." Rick instructed Maggie and I as he handed the binoculars over and we grabbed our guns. I nodded and slung my ruffle over my shoulder letting Maggie lead the way outside. "Did you talk to him?" She asked breaking our quiet. I sigh "Yeah..I let it all out."

"How'd he take it?" I shrugged "He didn't say anything besides "I'm sorry". I think he was expecting it to be worse?" I question myself and end up shake my head exasperatedly "I honestly don't know." I look down at my hands twisting my ring around my finger "This is one of those few times he's hard to understand."

"I think Men in general are hard to understand" Maggie adds breaking up the tension and making me chuckle. I look up at her and smile seeing her smiling at me. I rest my head on her shoulder and she rests hers on mine. "What would I do without you Maggie Greene?" She shrugs her opposite shoulder "I have no idea Aubree Morris oh wait-I mean Rhee" she lifts her head to smirk as I roll my eyes at her antics.